Author Topic: TAR Canada 1 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 155127 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Aaron Watson ‏@Teirersias 15min

@Unaapik @tattuinee Witness was pretty sure it was them. They (crew and cast) weren't allowed to talk to anyone.

Craig Welsh Craig Welsh ‏@towniebastard 10min

@KentDriscoll @Teirersias @tattuinee Yeah, hearing they're going to be in town for the day. Wonder what they'll make them do?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yep Iqaluit...

Alicia Manning ‏@TheAliciaMShow 4m
#AmazingRaceCanada is in #Iqaluit!! How frickin cool is that?!

The Jesstress ‏@the_jesstress 3m
#AmazingRace #Canada in #Iqaluit right NOW.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Erik Rowell ‏@ERowell1 5h #AmazingRaceCanada is in Ottawa today, just saw them at #YOW with@

khumbu2015 ‏@khumbu2015 19m @ERowell1 and made their way to Iqaluit, Nunavut. #  1:31 PM - 17 May 13 · Details 
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Looks like they have a clue written in Inuit.

Amanda Eegeesiak ‏@ijitsiak 11m
Seen the amazing race contestants at the airport! Asked me to translate but I couldn't :( lol #inuitbutnot
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Amanda Eegeesiak ‏@ijitsiak 56m Update:contestants are at the causeway..not sure what they are doin yet  2:01 PM - 17 May 13 · Details 
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I found a casting call announcement for Iqaluit held yesterday at http://iqaluitnow.ca/ai1ec_event/casting-call/?instance_id=.

CASTING CALL

When: May 17, 2013 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Where: 723 BAYSIDE DOOR
Cost: FREE

Are you an Inuk female, aged between 12 & 16 and 30 & 50? then we are looking for you! Come and try out to be in an adventure feature film. no previous film experience necessary.

Auditions are today Friday May 17 at building 723

please tell your daughter, mom, sister, niece, aunt, friend and cousins!

It's interesting, but it doesn't give any hints as to what they will be doing (or did). The fact that they were racing yesterday says to me that it wasn't so much an audition but instead an immediate participatory event (sort of like at the Regina football stadium).  I don't know much about Inuk culture, but if it was an audition, I'd have to guess some kind of coming of age ceremony given the age of the young girls and the involvement of older women. I've also seen some references to throatsinging (not sure what that means) in the local paper, but I can't see why they would restrict that to certain ages.

The local newspaper had pictures from the Omingmak Frolics a few days ago, which appeared to be snowmobile racing. It's not too hard to imagine the teams going snowmobiling. Perhaps they would have to do a lap in a specified time.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A Couple of Facebook sightings from yesterday:

<Facebook Sightee #1>
15 hours ago via mobile
Just saw 3 teams from Amazing Race Canada! How cool is that?!?!

<Friend 1> Were they racing? Or just visiting?
    15 hours ago

<Facebook Sightee #1>  Racing. The teams wearing white jackets were being followed by 2 camera men!
    15 hours ago via mobile · Edited

<Friend 1> Awesome!
    15 hours ago

<Friend 2> Kaa tusupaaa. I watch that show all the time, ila not the canada show. Eeeq if I stayed longer takukasatakaqai!!!!
    15 hours ago

<Friend 3> I was on the same flight as them today from Ottawa to Iqaluit!
    12 hours ago · 1

<Friend 4> Is the race in iqaluit?
    11 hours ago via mobile

And the second Facebook sighting:

<Facebook Sightee #2>
11 hours ago near Iqaluit, Nunavut via mobile
Amazing Race Canada filming here in Iqaluit today! Cool!

<Friend 1> I was on the same flight with them today. Pretty interesting!
11 hours ago

<Friend 2> Which airline did they fly???
10 hours ago

There's not much new there except that in this sightings, the teams were wearing white coats instead of green.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Logan Cleveland ‏@CleveNasty88 10min

Amazing race filmed in mahone bay? #wtf
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
MC MacDonald ‏@marycathh3 1min

fun fact: the amazing race canada was filming behind my house on friday

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Yarns @ Play @marleneknits  5h 
#AmazingRace filming in #MahoneBay today! Who would have thought!
 info requested
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Cafy @Cafina  5m 
The making of amazing race, I think? instagram.com/p/Zgi3NCJugo/

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 04:51:42 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Alyssa Shepherd @aly0221  7m 
Amazing race is being filmed at the ottawa airport! Debating if I should photobomb the shot...? #starbreakoutmoment
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Cafy @Cafina  11m 
@xxx two teams. This one headed off somewhere a few minutes later (not that you can see them in the photo!) pic.twitter.com/A9MGNcXDB8
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
 James Giroux ‏@jamesgiroux 1min

Amazing Race Canada peeps right in front of us. http://instagram.com/p/ZglztMKfBP/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Cafy @Cafina  8m 
@xxxtwo males, I believe. They did head upstairs (so departures/security)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Andrew DiCapua ‏@AndrewDiCap 4min

Amazing Race Canada contestants running through Ottawa Airport. pic.twitter.com/PFvGVJLfwg

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:43:24 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Emma Miller‏@emmzmiller13m
Just  witnessed the amazing race come through the airport

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Erin Ford‏@erinfordd4m
Just almost got knocked over by two people doing The Amazing Race!! LIFE IS MADE

as far as I can see, both tweeters are in Nova Scotia.....
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:48:41 PM by caper »

Offline curlsncurls

• RFF Newbie
I posted about teams being seen at YOW and my friend posted this at 8:30PM

".they are on route to Halifax..... (name) was on the plane with some.....but you didn't hear from me"   (I took her husband's name out for courtesy)

So if you are in Halifax go look to see if they are staying or moving through!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thank you AGAIN for the info, that is a help!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's a tweet from someone in Halifax who apparently ran into TAR Canada filming:

Logan Phillips ‏@lp17x 1h
Gonna be on the Amazing race. #thatsprettyneat

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Here's a tweet from someone in Halifax who apparently ran into TAR Canada filming:

Logan Phillips ‏@lp17x 1h
Gonna be on the Amazing race. #thatsprettyneat

I think she could also be saying SHE will be "on" the race ...as in taking part. She is from Halifax I believe. SO either could be.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Megan Demone ‏@Megdemone 14m Amazing race Canada is taping in Mahone Bay today #what

:tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
I Love Lunenburg ‏@ILoveLunenburg 20min

If u get downtown now u will see amazing race Canada participants ... I guess there is some lobstering happening!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
FINALLY can share CAPER's remarkable find!!!  :hearts:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-Uhv3AsoKRIJ:southshorenow.ca/archives/2013/050113/arts/Falling_into_spring.html.php+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Falling into spring
Town to re-create scarecrow festival for video shoot
by Robert Hirtle

posted on 5/1/13

Lara Carrigan works on the creation of a new pirate for this year’s Great Scarecrow Festival and Antique Fair during a workshop held at the Mahone Bay Centre April 6.
If you drive down Main Street in Mahone Bay in mid-May you might, at first glance, think you’ve entered some kind of time warp.

But don’t panic. There is a very good reason why the hub of this picturesque South Shore town will be looking more as it does in autumn than the way it should be in the spring of the year.

“There’s a company out of Vancouver that’s coming to kind of re-create, if you will, the scarecrow festival,” explains festival spokeswoman Lara Carrigan. “Insight Productions is the name of the company and they’re just coming to film it and they’re hopefully going to air their footage sometime in August before our actual festival.”

Approaching its 17th anniversary, the annual event, which is officially titled the Great Scarecrow Festival and Antique Fair, runs this year from October 4 to 6.

As part of the celebration the town is not only decorated in seasonal autumn garb, but also, and more importantly, with dozens upon dozens of colourful, cleverly crafted, larger-than-life scarecrows.

It is that image that the organizers of the event have been asked to create almost five months in advance.

To that end a group of enthusiastic volunteers gathered at the Mahone Bay Centre in early April to take part in a scarecrow-making workshop.

Not unlike an old-fashioned quilting bee, the gathering’s goal was to create 30 to 40 new scarecrows to be used in the video shoot and then later this year in the actual festival.

“We had a lot of community members and chamber of commerce members come out,” Ms Carrigan says. “We made a whole bunch of new pirates … new witches and we’re in the midst of making new tea ladies, fishermen and harem girls.”

She said that Vicki Lynn Bardon and Colleen White have also been busy sewing costumes that focus on a theme of the town being physically active.

“We’re going to do some curlers and some hockey players so those are going to be some new vignettes that are going to be finished in time to be put out in May,” she explains. “We’ve been working really hard on this to get some new ones made.”

Weather permitting the transformation of the featured section of Main Street will begin on May 17, with the actual filming slated to take place Monday, May 20.

“We’re hoping to get some of the shop owners to put out their own personal scarecrows and kind of decorate the exterior of their shops for fall in the hopes that this group may end up filming the fronts of their store,” Ms Carrigan adds. “So come May 19, your store should look like it does come scarecrow festival.”

RFF's Golden Rule: