Author Topic: TAR Canada 1 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 155072 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
At the stadium:

First team in is two guys in green Rider jerseys!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
genevieve tardif ‏@GTardifSRC 32s

Spotted Amazing Race Canada at Wascana Park #yqr #AmazingRace pic.twitter.com/mbYLXNGqdJ

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:08:13 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
More LIVE from the Stadium:

Both Detours seem to involve costumes. Both are on the field.

First team They did the football side of the detour. Took them 12 minutes

They got their next clue from the coach on the field.

After finishing detour they ran up stadium steps to journalists booths. Maybe U-turn hidden up there?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
After finishing detour, teams got clue, ran up these steps to room under words "rider football". Came out two minutes later and left stadium

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Producer: "You guys will love this leg. Best one so far"

13m
Overheard cameramen talking " Want water? We might be here for a while." "Yeah, most likely"

Only ONE team so far!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mounties!

paul dawson ‏@PaulDawsonSK 3m
Hmmmm, I wonder if this is related to the Amazing Race in #YQR today? pic.twitter.com/nY2L8ZZYM0
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Only ONE team to the Stadium? ONE side of Detour...or not?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Donica Dumont ‏@DonicaDumont 6min

Watching the Amazing Race Canada contestants finding their checkpoint at City Hall in Regina, kinda cool!

lyn. ‏@l_a_lepage 4min

Amazing race. Had to learn a cute Ukrainian dance. Pretty entertaining. pic.twitter.com/heFJx06z5n

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:22:11 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
LIVE Update from saskvagabond!

ONE car at Pitstop.

THREE new teams at Stadium.
Detour: Football or Cheerleading?

One team doing cheer leading. Two doing football

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Kyle Hanison ‏@Kyle_501 1min

Been a busy day beside city hall, Amazing Race Canada has been coming though all day and a protest at lunch

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Body break, red team, doing football. M/f team doing cheer leading

2m
F/f team arrived. Pink ladies. Doing cheerleading

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Body break struggling. 4th attempt at football

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Two teams finished detour same time raced up stairs

1m
M/f and body break

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

All teams but one have left the Stadium...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
No cars or flags at Legislature now.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Per saskvagabond:

ALL TEAMS ARE CHECKED IN.

PITSTOP IS CONFIRED AS The "newly built island" in Wascana Park.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NorthernLily

• RFF Newbie
I'm from Regina, and I spent the afternoon around the Legislative Buildings staking out the Amazing Race. Here's what I have to report:
1. Around 2:45 pm I saw a station set up outside the east side of the building for interviews. A guy/guy team was being interviewed, but I could only see them from behind. They were wearing blue and gray shirts. I was hanging out with a friend, so we walked up and around to where we could hear them interviewing the team. We couldn't actually see the team because they were behind some trees, but we could hear everything they were saying.

2. They were describing a task they had to do where one team member had to jump into a grain hopper and search through lentils for 2 halves of a clue. They said they were the second team to that task after Blake or Brent (?) and Holly. After listening to them for about 15 minutes we had to leave because my friend's baby started crying. But, she had seen another interview station set up behind the building, so we went back there.

3. We arrived behind the building at about 3:15 and saw them setting up another interview station. For the next 45 minutes we saw the workers setting up their equipment. Then, at 4:00 we saw a team come out of the Legislative Building and walk across the lawn to be interviewed. They were a guy/guy team, and I got a picture of them. They were interviewed for the next half hour or so, until I had to leave at 4:30.

It was so much fun! I've lurked on this board for a long time and have always wanted to see the show being filmed live. I couldn't believe it came to my home town and I was able to get a taste of the 'live action'. Hope this info helps! :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Oh Lily!! BIG :bigwelcome to RFF and thank you so much!

That really does help. We couldn't figure out what they were doing at the Legislature Bldg? And we knew from the airport they headed SE out of town, someone laughed and said generic grain elevator, funny to think they were right!! SO grain task prob first? Mounties at the Heritage center 2nd, then ?? Going to check times.

We would love to see the pic, if you have any trouble posting it you can email it to me and I will do it for you.

And yes, when the race comes to your hometown, it is the best! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Sounds like you saw the post race "confessionals". I believe the last teams checked into the Pitstop about 330 to 345 so that all would fit!!

WhooHoo!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Pics from Lily!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline saskvagabond

• RFF Jr. Member
Ah! What a fantastic day!

I left Saskatoon for Regina around 5:30am, on the assumption that all teams were in Calgary and taking that flight. No such luck. I find out halfway to Regina that some teams have been spotted in Edmonton, taking the earlier flight. I did my best to get to the airport but, believe it or not, Air Canada arrived early. Only three cars were left at the airport. I parked pretty much right beside them and set my camera up in my backseat to film (it's mine until July!). Three teams arrived (M/M, M/M, F/F). They went into the vehicle first, opened a clue, and pulled out a Blackberry. Something told them to go to the parking attendant. It was obviously something more than just a regular "Here's your clue" as all three teams were crowding around and it took about five minutes for them to get their clue ("Trivia question"???). Then they hopped in their cars and drove off.

Only 3 Cars left!

After reading their blackberry, they went to this guy

With me right behind the last place team. I followed them for a ways until they turned to head south east out of the city and I got caught at a red light behind a slow person. Though if you see a gold Hyundai Accent with half the front bumper missing behind the last place team, that's me!

Following!!

Defeated, I headed to the Legislature. There was a large section of the parking lot blocked off with two kindly old men guarding it.

"Hi, do you know what time Question Period is at?"
"Oh, I'm sorry. We don't work here. We're here just for that Amazing Race thing."

I wandered to the actual Legislature building. There was a man out front.

"Is this open today?"
Looks at me "Are you a contestant?"
"Ummm . . what? No, I'm just a tourist."

I wandered around but saw no flags inside, and none in the park in the immediate vicinity, so I left for Mosaic Stadium.

10am they let all the people in. There was LOTS of downtime here. They were filming the Detour explanations, as well as the video that would play after the first team opens the clue to send them to Mosaic Stadium. For all of them, they took multiple takes, directing us, the audience, to stand, wave our flags, foam fingers, cheer, etc. BUT NO HORNS!! This was the most fascinating part as it was cool to see the behind the scenes aspect of the show. All told, the host, and production was there for an hour or so. They left by 11:20am.

Teams are now heading to . . .

More downtime. I was getting sunburnt. Then, at ~12:35pm, the first team arrived. M/M, highly energetic, and a bit arrogant in their interactions with the crowd. Lets call them Team Bro. They were doing the Football side of the detour.

Detour (from what I can understand): Football or Cheerleading

Football - Run around perimeter of the field, start with football, zig zag back and forth between red marks on ground. Tire drill. Weave through pylons. Then the football burpies (6 or so) (football run on spot, whistle blows, drop to ground and jump up). Then one member tackles a dummy. Other member retrieves a fumbled football. Then one member catches a pass from one of the Riders. The other one must then kick a field goal. If you fail at any of these stages, you start right back over, starting with the lap around the field.

Football Detour Outfit

Cheerleading - learn and perform a 1 minute long cheerleading routine set to music. Looked complicated.

Cheerleading Detour Outfit

Team Bro killed the Football challenge in two tries, and got their next clue. Then, strangely, ran up the stadium steps across the field from us, to the media booths. about a minute or so later, came out and ran out of the stadium. Odd.

ONE AND A HALF HOURS LATER, I decided to check on the Legislature again. I got back to Mosaic at 2:10pm. Three teams were in the Stadium.

And look where I parked!

Two doing Football, one doing Cheerleading. Two more teams arrived within the next 30 - 40 minutes. I have decided to not really spoil what happened here until a bit later, but suffice to say, MAJOR placement shifts occurred in front of our eyes. One team took FIVE tries doing the football task. And they looked exhausted. Team Bro had made the detour seem easy. It definitely wasn't.

When only two teams were left, I waited until the second last team got their clue, and I ran to my car (right behind the race cars surprisingly). That team beat me to the pitstop (saw them on the island through my camera lens). Pitstop is on an unnamed island in Wascana Lake. There is a parking lot, marked with a flag, right beside the bridge onto the island. Pitstop is heavily hidden by trees and manmade structures. But I did see the Greeter.

Last place team arrived as I walked up the path to the parking lot/bridge. They parked, camera and sound bolted out and ran across bridge to film the team from that side. Team ended up cutting in front of me as they ran from parking lot to bridge (I'll be the guy in blue shirt that stops and stumbles). Too far away to here the host and whether this is a NEL or not.

Still, AWESOME!

Pitstop Parking lot Protector

Pitstop with Legislature across the water

Bridge from Parking lot to Pitstop Island
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:57:40 AM by saskvagabond »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
I found a few instagram on AmazingRaceCDA

ardenjohnsonn Went to cheer on the #Amazingracecanada .contestants at #Mosaicstadium today in #yqr. #theamazingracecanada #amazingracecanada #amazingracecanadatracker #amazingrace

britneyfulton Amazing race ! These guys just received their next clue, so neat, never knew they passed through Regina? #amazingrace #regina #sunnydays #lunchhourentertainment   11h

thebeattttt Amazing race canada filming at our plant today #amazingrace #canada #suckers

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:56:28 AM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
nikkibroom02
Amazing race Canada in drumheller ! #sojacked #amazingrace #drumheller

polkazuzia
Yup the amazing race has a stop at my office #amazingrace #yyc #calgary #downtown #fun #instagramers #TagsForLikes #food #smile #pretty #nature #lol yy#hair #onedirection #sunny #swag #instagood #statigram #hot #funny #life #stop #instahub #photo #cool #red #bestoftheday

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:59:06 AM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Looks like teams left Regina early this morning or last night - Winnipeg on YWG Winnipeg QK 8344 Jazz Aviation 05:30 ?

Luis Diaz ‏@eldiaz03 31m
Fun Flight from #Regina, full of stars! @AmandaLang_cbc, #AmazingRace #Canada, @myMatysio & #TheFashionSociety @fs_co @totallieu @george_fu

update... Nope - looks like he was on a flight from Regina to Toronto last night... but the photo doesn't look like racers...
Perhaps production?

Luis Diaz ‏@eldiaz03 13h
About to board my flight ti #Toronto and guess who I see, the ppl from the #AmazingRace. Hehe @ Regina… http://instagram.com/p/ZRbvottaiU/
from Division No. 6, Saskatchewan
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:02:27 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:tu Corey for the awesome summary and for sharing your AMAZING day with us!!
RFF's Golden Rule: