Author Topic: Contestant Pages  (Read 14988 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Contestant Pages
« on: April 28, 2013, 08:53:59 PM »
So I know we are trying to create pages for all the teams/contestants, but as I was trying to create Charla & Mirna's page this raised a question: Should we create one page for each TAR team and combine both seasons into that page, or create separate pages for each team that are based on each season they participated in?

If we do it based on the way the links are currently set up, it will be just one page per team. Here is the Charla & Mirna page I have started, which is a good example of what it might look like if we were to do it the first way. Tell me what you think.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: Contestant Pages
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 08:58:40 PM »
I think you must follow the same criteria we're applying with the countries:  all the seasons together.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 09:03:13 PM »
I did most of the TAR21 teams there. Follow the example!  :conf:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »
But there were no TAR 21 teams in TWO seasons. I would see what Dom says maybe?

Thank you all for the work, this is growing!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 01:44:44 AM »
So I know we are trying to create pages for all the teams/contestants, but as I was trying to create Charla & Mirna's page this raised a question: Should we create one page for each TAR team and combine both seasons into that page, or create separate pages for each team that are based on each season they participated in?

If we do it based on the way the links are currently set up, it will be just one page per team. Here is the Charla & Mirna page I have started, which is a good example of what it might look like if we were to do it the first way. Tell me what you think.

Hey Hooky, I definitely agree that your way is the best; having one page for each team, with each season incorporated in the page.

Thanks for all your hard work so far :)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 04:07:16 PM »
Season 5 contestant pages are up! You may now add content. :hoot:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis