Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 10 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 34761 times)

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
well, i was starting to love YouTube and then this happened...so here's my thoughts:

Max & Katie: After Pam & Winnie, these 2 r the most ugly characters in the history of the show; so they can go to hell if possible.

Caroline & Jennifer: Kinda shocks me they're still in....they never stood up during the whole season! They're so forgettable because of the fact that they're only in it thanks to the protection of someone else, not for their own efforts.

Bates & Anthony: Assclowns, why keeping the newlyweds?? Can't u see they're getting stronger? Don't u wanna secure the winning?

Mona & Beth: Please win this season..................please do it.!!
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Bates & Anthony: Assclowns, why keeping the newlyweds?? Can't u see they're getting stronger? Don't u wanna secure the winning?

Josh and Brent come to mind when it comes to the guarantee or lack of a guarantee over a win due to weak competition.  Plus, Max & Katie would have survived anyway, being the second team to arrive at the U-Turn
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Josh and Brent come to mind when it comes to the guarantee or lack of a guarantee over a win due to weak competition.  Plus, Max & Katie would have survived anyway, being the second team to arrive at the U-Turn

EXACTLY. I actually think Bates and Anthony were the biggest threat. I'm just saying.

Offline PC0828

• RFF Not So Newbie

EXACTLY. I actually think Bates and Anthony were the biggest threat. I'm just saying.

Also, they probably want the Country Singers with them to the finals. They knew Max and Katie were second. Why let the risk of the Country Singers being eliminated (even though it was probably not going to happen) when they could help them by U-Turing Joey and Meghan, who was in the other alliance?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:welcome: to RFF!! We are delighted to see so many new faces and hope everyone had fun!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Peach, your inbox is full. (Shocker! :lol:)
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Lucky me! email, okay?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
For anyone wondering why Bates & Anthony didn't get a penalty for carrying and not rolling the barrels:

Phil Keoghan ‏@PhilKeoghan 1h
#Detour called #WhiskeyRollin but clue details say they simply have to move them on their own rolling carrying, kicking .. under their power

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
For anyone wondering why Bates & Anthony didn't get a penalty for carrying and not rolling the barrels:

Phil Keoghan ‏@PhilKeoghan 1h
#Detour called #WhiskeyRollin but clue details say they simply have to move them on their own rolling carrying, kicking .. under their power

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
does anyone realize that in this season, teams arriving 2nd in a NEL/KOR leg, ended up getting eliminated the next leg LOL...

and all team arriving last in those NELs/KOR leg managed to check in 2nd to last because of it LOL ...
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
the leg was boring to me

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Whiskey rollin' obviously would suggest that you have to roll them, gives them even more of an advantage if they can carry.

Nobody left for me to root for now anyway, the crap information the last two teams were given at the airport basically decided the whole leg and meant the other teams were completely safe.  The usual editing to make out the end was close, but I doubt that had many fooled.

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
So that cleared up a lot of things, annoyingly for me, I went up and down the royal mile the night they were here, and didn't think to go along the Cowgate, otherwise I would have seen the pitstop  :groan:

The Holiday Inn is just down the road from the pitstop, which accounts for the team stopping there to ask for directions.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
So that cleared up a lot of things, annoyingly for me, I went up and down the royal mile the night they were here, and didn't think to go along the Cowgate, otherwise I would have seen the pitstop  :groan:

The Holiday Inn is just down the road from the pitstop, which accounts for the team stopping there to ask for directions.

Great job on specing out the episode. That photo of B/A running by the Bank Hotel was their run up that Niddry Street to the pit stop. It did seem that Phil and the mat were a long way down that little street/alley. You probably would have seen it from Cowgate.
Matthew 7:15

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mona & Beth reach the castle. Joey & Meghan arrive right after. Mona chooses to do the roadblock. Meghan chooses to do the roadblock. Meghan thinks that she can easily do this.

The Roadblock Clue said that Mona and Meghan had to do the task. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Did anybody else think that this Speed Bump was the hardest ever?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Did anybody else think that this Speed Bump was the hardest ever?

No, the Malawi slide puzzle had to be the hardest.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
they should've put the W-TURN in Berlin, when they all just got equalized

putting it in this leg made it seem unnecessary.

even without the W-TURN, Youtubes and RollerDerbies would have battled it out for last place anyway...
Please Bring'em back:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster

lol @ the hand that give the clue to the RPC

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
DAMN those flights
I say just the opposite. The best incidents of past Amazing Race season have been where teams use their superior sweat equity or special access to get ahead with flights (example - Charla and Mirna flying Warsaw to Kuala Lumpur in AR11). They deserve it!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I think the moms and Joey and Meghan can only blame themselves for not checking twice. But then again they had some bad luck there. Had they not get on and went to ask, I think they would have been on the earlier flight too. Just that it was too careless of them to not check... but it could have happened to any team. The only team that deserved credits for checking the earliest flight is Max and Katie here. And for that, they deserved to win the Leg, IMHO.

Loved the Roadblock, Detour and Speedbump. So SCOTTISH! The pit-stop greeter is really interesting too and I remembered taking a tour with my tour guide dressed the same way as him too! Kudos to Max for guessing correctly who he is!

Was rooting for Joey and Meghan. But props to the moms... Joey and Meghan behaved like they were on a holiday. -_-

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
It would have made the episode a little more interesting/suspenseful if the roadblock was after the double u-turn.  I know the producers had no idea that Max/Katie, Bates/Anthony & Caroline/Jennifer would get there so far ahead of Joey/Mehgan & Mona/Beth, but the odds were high that at least one team would get an earlier flight.  So unless they thought the bagpipes was going to be more of a challenge than it was for most of them, having the roadblock first and the u-turn board with the clue to the pit stop was just anti-climactic. 

I know it's easier to think these things through as viewers, but it would have been nice if Bates/Anthony decided not to use the u-turn.  They knew they were one of the first three teams to arrive in Edinburgh & they knew that the roadblock didn't take them very long so even though they had no idea how many clues were still hidden in the fireplaces they should have known that they were in the top three.  Knowing all that the only reason to use the u-turn would be either they wanted to give Caroline/Jennifer a cushion in case they fell behind or as someone else mentioned to help Mona/Beth catch up as a thank you for helping them.  Unfortunately for us, this meant that as soon as they did that we knew that it was either going to be Bates/Anthony or Max/Katie in first Caroline/Jennifer in third and Mehgan/Joey & Mona/Beth battling for last.  Seeing how Bates/Anthony had a hard time moving the barrels it wasn't a stretch to see that Mehgan/Joey would struggle and probably be eliminated.

It would have been more interesting if Bates/Anthony didn't u-turn anyone and if Max/Katie u-turned Mona/Beth.  Then we could have seen if Mona/Beth would have u-turned on Mehgan/Joey to save themselves (which would have been the smart thing to do).

Previous seasons have shown that there are so many things that can factor into the final leg that it's not necessarily going to be an easy win if you bring "weaker" teams with you.  As we saw last season, while it's nice to win prizes it's only important to not come in last on every leg and first on the last leg when it counts.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member

It would have been more interesting if Bates/Anthony didn't u-turn anyone and if Max/Katie u-turned Mona/Beth.  Then we could have seen if Mona/Beth would have u-turned on Mehgan/Joey to save themselves (which would have been the smart thing to do).

If Bates&Anthony did not U-TURN Joey&Meghan, Maxie would have done it anyway I think.They were so vocal about this. They did say they want Joey&Meghan out first

Then Carol&Jen would have gotten to the U-TURN mat 3rd, wondering why Bates&Anthony did not utilize the U-TURN. Maybe they got lost. And Carol&Jen would end up U-TURN Mona&Beth to save Bates&Anthony, thinking they hadn't completed the detour yet.

and also, i think the producer is aware with the 10.40 am flight, maybe even think that all teams would get on that flight. JoeyMeghan and MonaBeth are just not aware of it, even think they gain a 3-hours-lead ahead of those three.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:25:47 AM by BuuYaa »
Please Bring'em back:

Offline Stylemikro

• RFF Not So Newbie
I think the moms and Joey and Meghan can only blame themselves for not checking twice. But then again they had some bad luck there. Had they not get on and went to ask, I think they would have been on the earlier flight too. Just that it was too careless of them to not check... but it could have happened to any team. The only team that deserved credits for checking the earliest flight is Max and Katie here. And for that, they deserved to win the Leg, IMHO.

Loved the Roadblock, Detour and Speedbump. So SCOTTISH! The pit-stop greeter is really interesting too and I remembered taking a tour with my tour guide dressed the same way as him too! Kudos to Max for guessing correctly who he is!

Was rooting for Joey and Meghan. But props to the moms... Joey and Meghan behaved like they were on a holiday. -_-

Just agree with everything. That's why Bates and Anthony should have used the U-Turn on the Newlyweds - They know that they would be top 3 on that leg...so they could guarantee the prize by arriving 1st. But no, let's U-Turn the teams that aren't even here in Scotland ...dumb decisions lead to dumb 2nd place :P