Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 10 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 34775 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11

You're right I think. At least they didn't use the U-Turn as in the last season :)
I think the reason they didn't is because the first three teams don't really care who gets eliminated. They'd rather it be Joey and Meghan, but they'd definitely take not having Beth and Mona there either.

Also they might just not have thought of it. Sri Lanka were pretty clever.

The reason why they didn't do the same use of the U-Turn as in last season is because they were filming this season while the previous season was aired.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:05:42 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I like all the final 4 teams and am fine with ANY of them winning!!! (This is a rare, happy moment).

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on 2 hour finale of The Amazing Race...

It's down to the final 4... Diving challenge. Spray painting challenge...

Who will cross the finish line first... and win The Amazing Race.

Mona & Beth and Bates & Anthony are at a task together... Lots in that preview.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I wonder how many dislikes will Bates & Anthony get on their YouTube meet the cast. :lol3:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Man, that was a weak season finale preview!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

NoluckBoston

These alliances kill me. I would think if Bats and Anthony had half a brain, they would have U-turned Max and Katie. Would you not want to go up against a bunch of weaker teams.

I hate when teams dont use all resources to the best they can.

As my grandparents would say , Pshaw!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
While Mona/Beth survivoed, I still think Maxie should have used their U-Turn on Bates/Anthony to eliminate it without hurting Mona/Beth & Caroline/Jen
however they had no intention not to make them suffer. I think the alliance's rationale was to make both of the teams to tough it out against each other.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
These alliances kill me. I would think if Bats and Anthony had half a brain, they would have U-turned Max and Katie. Would you not want to go up against a bunch of weaker teams.

They wouldn't have been eliminated because of the flight situation so no need to create bad blood.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
HAHA BYE Joey/Meghan

Though Chuck & Wynona had a penalty for not oing the task how it said, yet Bates/Anthony carried not ROLLED the barrels out? And no penalty? :(

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
HAHA BYE Joey/Meghan

Though Chuck & Wynona had a penalty for not oing the task how it said, yet Bates/Anthony carried not ROLLED the barrels out? And no penalty? :(

I think they did have a penalty. Prob. Unaired.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
Great episode! With YouTube's elimination, it guarantees that we'll have a F/F team in the Final 3 for the 6th time in the show's history

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Regardless of anything else, Joey & Meghan did have the best U-Turn picture ever, special mention to the Paolos' garbage truck
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

NoluckBoston

They wouldn't have been eliminated because of the flight situation so no need to create bad blood.

It cost them first place and $10,000. Also, bad blood who cares? This is for the finals. Its all over-with.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I couldn't really pay attention to this episode because relatives were interrupting and it was kind of awkward :gaah:

The Roadblock was... loud :lol: but in all honesty, it was pretty boring and not too exciting.

The Detour was great, I guess.

Is this the first time since the Double U-Turn's introduction when 4 teams were actually involved in the U-Turn? (2 users + 2 victims)

I like it when legs taking place in the daytime fall into nighttime. I just like to see locations both in daytime-view and nighttime-view (like TAR 19 in Brussels... the Attomium looked beautiful in both views!)

This is like last season! An alliance consisting of 3 teams vs. 1! :lol:

I have no problem with any of these teams winning :hearts:

Can't believe it's the finale already! Where has this great season gone?!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Is this the first time since the Double U-Turn's introduction when 4 teams were actually involved in the U-Turn? (2 users + 2 victims)

Nope, in S17  Jill & Thomas U-Turned Brook & Claire while Nat & Kat U-Turned Chad & Stephanie
The story so far:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
For the first time in a long time, keeping at it in an airport for the earlier arriving flights matter a lot. More or less decided the U-Turn use since the three leading team arriving first knew they were ahead by a couple of hours, and I suspect any of the three teams would have picked the back two for the U-Turn.

I wonder how many hours Mona-Beth are behind the lead teams, since it was just after sunset when the first two teams reached Phil and the pit stop.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster

Nope, in S17  Jill & Thomas U-Turned Brook & Claire while Nat & Kat U-Turned Chad & Stephanie
That's what I said.. The first time since TAR 17's occurrence (with Jill/Thomas, Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, and Chat/Stephanie). Maybe I was being a bit obscure.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Joey & Meghan :'(

Now, I'm rooting for the Derby Moms.

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member

It cost them first place and $10,000. Also, bad blood who cares? This is for the finals. Its all over-with.

Good point but in the high pressure environment they relied on a previously decided plan of action

Offline PC0828

• RFF Not So Newbie

I think that Bates and Anthony may wanted to help Mona and Beth out because of what happend in Berlin. They help them twice. First with the clue box and second on the way to the pit stop. U-turning Meghan and Joey helped Mona and Beth, even though they probably were going to be U-turned anyway.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Welcome to RFF, PC0828! :bigwelcome

Whoa! I've never thought of that. I think that's probably the case.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
So this season we will definitly have our 8th (and maybe 9th) FF team to ever make TAR finale!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
While Mona/Beth survivoed, I still think Maxie should have used their U-Turn on Bates/Anthony to eliminate it without hurting Mona/Beth & Caroline/Jen
however they had no intention not to make them suffer. I think the alliance's rationale was to make both of the teams to tough it out against each other.

Since Maxie said they're rather have Mona/Beth survive, they had control in terms of that result.  Especially given the fact that Mona/Beth had a Speed Bump.  That being said, ITA; hats off to Maxie.  It's a game, and they were not obligated to do so.  Respect to them because it made things fair for the two last-place teams.  Fight it out for a chance at the finale (unlike past seasons where one team would get targeted and lose because of that).  And respect for the Moms since they DID have the Speedbump, survived, and didn't need any assistance!

Offline PC0828

• RFF Not So Newbie
Thanks Theodorus! :)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Overall, this episode was pretty good. Airport drama is always entertaining. I know the castles in Edinburgh are magnificent, but the tasks... not so much. Firstly, the Roadblock was boring despite the unique toughness I like in challenges. Walking around in a square blowing a tune into a bagpipe wasn't very cool. Mona & Beth's bowling Speed Bump was pretty funny when they freaked out in their first tries. The redeeming moment of the episode. The Detour was shockingly good. :stare I didn't like the poet reenactor's haggis remarks as it got annoying, but Caroline & Jennifer is factor that made him tolerable. The whiskey barrel rolling felt like the good ol' TAR days. Feels like something season 14 would have done in one of the Europeab legs. I don't know why, it just feels fun.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)