Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 9 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 21603 times)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mona & Beth go get directions. About time.

Jennifer is in the maze. Jennifer: "This is probably what it feels like to do drugs... even though I've never done drugs." LOL. Country singers are out of the roadblock in 3rd.

Joey & Meghan are team #2! WOW! Highest placement for them.

Pit stop:
1st - Max & Katie
2nd - Joey & Meghan

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
Were there six clues in the white room?

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mona & Beth finally arrive at the salon. Beth does the roadblock. She needed to ask to get the person who said the quote. Hockey players arrive shortly after. Anthony is doing the roadblock.

Caroline & Jennifer are team #3.

Pit stop:
1st - Max & Katie
2nd - Joey & Meghan
3rd - Caroline & Jennifer

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Shades of season 3 & 5 here!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
lol Beth. "Don't ever do drugs!" Beth hears Anthony behind her. They're working on the roadblock together... Bad choice methinks. Anthony finds the white room first. Beth is right behind. Anthony & Bates get credited with a 4th place roadblock finish. Now they're both off to the pit stop... Mona & Beth are going to lose a footrace if it comes to that...

Bates & Anthony are just going to follow Mona & Beth...

OMG RACE TO THE PIT STOP. RACE. Bates & Anthony beat Mona & Beth............ awks. Mona & Beth look pissed. Bates & Anthony are team #4. Mona & Beth are the last team to arrive... Phil is leading them on... Phil: "Well, Bates & Anthony... I have some bad news for you two..."

WOW PHIL. WOW. He just tells them that they will have to keep competing against Mona & Beth! It's a NEL! :hearts: Mona & Beth say that they will need to find some way to get ahead of them...

And now we end off with really creepy and weird music.

Pit stop:
1st - Max & Katie
2nd - Joey & Meghan
3rd - Caroline & Jennifer
4th - Bates & Anthony
5th - Mona & Beth (NEL)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
THE BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON!  :luvya: :luvya: :luvya:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
Bates and Anthony survive a last-place finish!  Got the Colin & Christie edit, though this reminded me of the footrace between Ken/Gerard & JVJ and then Jon/Kelly & Millie/Chuck from back in the day

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Could the music possibly be a hint of what is to come in the next leg?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
Phil can still pull off a stone cold fakeout :lol:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week...

Teams experience the best of Scotland. Max is playing a bagpipe. Caroline & Jennifer are dealing with haggis... And there's a double U-Turn! More alliance drama! Sounds like Mona & Beth and Joey & Meghan have a 3 hour lead over the other teams! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Joey and Meghan doing a happy dance in the Preview.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Well that preview leads me to believe Bates and Anthony might be the next eliminated.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
Phil can still pull off a stone cold fakeout :lol:

Oh yes he can.  You never know when you're done or not. No more struts to the pitstop!

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
Next time they go to Scotland <33333333333333333333333333333 This season just keeps getting better!!

W-turn and M/J get way ahead because of flights :P

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
something tells me I'll like next week's episode. :lol3:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Previews are always misleading. I think all will be tied (even though it would be GREAT to have them hours ahead!)

And, Mona and Beth, I will only tell you a couple of words. STOP and ASK. KTHX

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
Yes, as mentioned, a 3-hour lead mentioned in a preview means nothing. No way they're allowing someone to have that advantage with no more NEL or TBC remaining.

jiajia12

I think even if it's a 3/4 hour lead,they probably got delayed or only Max/Katie Joey/Meghann got on. I don't think
J/M is smart enough to find the quickest flight and Rollerderby is dead last.

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
Banthony  :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This episode was a good episode not my favorite of the season. There was very little competition until the very end when Roller Derby and Hockey battled it out. The tasks were good and all, but I didn't get much entertainment as if they were all bunched up and competing.

paldog123456

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I personally really liked this episode. Last episode was kind of a letdown for me, so this is a relief!

Task-by-Task Review:
Base Jump - It was okay...... I'm glad there weren't any heights-breakdowns that would segue to a commercial :res:
Detour - Both tasks seemed really interesting! Though the only reason the Letter choice was exciting was because of the flashing letters :lol: and the Trains (MORE trains.. :lol3: ) task was a general yet great task as well!
Roadblock - It was.. weird :lol: but it was cool!

Team-by-Team Review:
Max & Katie - FINALLY!! A 1ST-PLACE FINISH :hearts: :hearts:
Joey & Meghan - They finally climbed to the top as well for a change. Not to mention this is their first Top 3 finish!
Caroline & Jennifer - I was kind of sick of Jen feeling all bad for Bates & Anthony and how they're falling behind.. still like them.
Bates & Anthony - It was great to see them struggle! It's not that I hate them, but it's always nice to see a dominant team fall right to the back.
Mona & Beth - Still nothing from them, it's amazing. I don't like nor hate them. "Don't do drugs!" :lol:

Overall Review:
-I loved the fact that this was a night leg! :hrt:
-There was some obvious foreshadowing during the episode: Katie thinking about winning the leg with the new Ford's and Mona & Beth in a confessional saying to finish as hard as they've started the Race.
-Self-driving!!! :hrt:

Great episode!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:39:13 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Totally agree!!!!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11

:conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!

:conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:

YAY for the night leg!

Bates & Anthony - It was great to see them struggle! It's not that I hate them, but it's always nice to see a dominant team fall right to the back.

Same here.  As much as I wouldn't have mind if they had kept winning permanently, it gives future episodes more of a competitive feel to it. OTOH, if there were two teams dominating, that might be a different story.

Can't really blame Bates & Anthony here, because most of the other teams that performed exceptionally well have been eliminated.  Haven't really seen anything like that since season 4 (before the remaining teams eventually got at least one win).  Either way, had one or two of them survived, then it would not have looked so much like they were the team to really beat.