Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 9 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 21587 times)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
This might be the most exciting and fun episode of the season based on the tasks alone
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
What is a museum for letters anyway?

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mona & Beth pick up their letters. Joey & Meghan arrive at the museum. There are a bunch of old trains in the museum. Joey & Meghan look for the conductor... The conductor has this face going on: :stare. :lol3: Joey & Meghan are having fun building train tracks.

Caroline & Jennifer picked S and K... bad letters to pick. :lol3:

Max & Katie arrive at the letter museum. The museum was in a mall. Max: "It was like the nerds hanging out... every Monday... at the museum and smoke a pipe." lol what. Max & Katie are done the detour in 1st. Proceed to the Salon Zur Wilden Renate.

Joey & Meghan finish building their train track. The train got derailed LOL. This is really fun to watch actually. A tree derailed their train. :lol3:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Max & Katie arrive at the club... bar thing. Roadblock. Teams will have to identify who said a famous quote. Then they will have to search through a maze and locate the white room where they will find their next clue attached to the wall...

Katie's doing the roadblock. She gets the question right and now she enters the labyrinth... It's dark and there are laser-like lights everywhere... This is trippy. Katie: "I'm thinking someone's going to jump out and they're going to get hurt because I'm going to punch them." :lol3:

Caroline & Jennifer and Bates & Anthony are getting directions... Anthony's letter fell over. The V fell over and cracked! Now they have to go back and get a new letter...

Commercial.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Katie:

"This is like Legends of the Hidden Temple."  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
Say what you want about those 2, but most people in the show's 12-year history wouldn't have had Max & Katie's brilliance with some of those questions!

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I love the effects for the labyrinth! Much better than scary movies in the theatres nowadays.

Anthony & Bates dropping their V = best thing this episode! :luvya:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

jiajia12

Katie *Someone is going to come out and I am going to punch them :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
Max & Katie dominating, Meghan & Joey doing okay as well. No changes with Mona & Beth and Stealing Angels, who are struggling with Anthony & Bates, a major change. Looks like Rachel & Dave's record is safe (as are Eric & Jeremy's, though that probably would've been safe anyway).

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
I think Bates/Anthony are screwed :o

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we're back... Caroline & Jennifer didn't want to leave Bates & Anthony but they continue anyway. Bates & Anthony go to do train.

We're back at the creepy labyrinth with Katie. The entire thing is just way too creepy. Katie hates haunted houses and Halloween... this must have been a nightmare for her lol. She's just crawling and going on ladders... She found a random door and she got into the white room. She got the clue and now they're off to Kurfurst... what. It's the pitstop. The name was too long. :lol3:

Mona & Beth are done the detour in 2nd! They wonder what would have happened if they broke their letters... Back with Joey & Meghan. The train makes it around once! They're out of the detour in 3rd! Meghan knows where the nightclub is. Caroline & Jennifer deliver their letters. They wonder who would go into that letter museum... :lol3: They're done the detour in 4th.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
Max & Katie win!  And what better time too, with two new cars!  Dave & Rachel's record is safe (with the Hockey Bros also falling short of matching another record held by them and Meghan & Cheyne)!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And now Bates & Anthony are building the train track.

Max & Katie arrive at the pit stop in 1st! LOL A HOT DOG SELLER IS THE GREETER. They've each won a 2013 Ford Fusion! Katie seems so chill about it. :lol3:

Pit stop:
1st - Max & Katie

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
MAXIE!  :luvya: :luvya: :luvya:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mona & Beth are lost... omg why.

Meghan & Joey are at the nightclub. "Who wants to get trippin?" Joey: "Are we going to get high or something..."

Joey doesn't know the quote. It's in German. He goes to ask people... Stranger: "I thought you were the cat police." :lol3: Someone tells him Kennedy and it's right. Now Joey's going through the labyrinth...

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
Someone tells Joey the answer, Joey: OMG I figured it out!

:res: :res:

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
I happy Matie win the leg. But i will be cry if Banthony last and eliminated
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Bates & Anthony go through 4 train track failures. LOL.

Mona & Beth are still lost. Beth: "Does your map... Does it read at all?" LOL.

Joey: "I feel like I'm in Alice in Wonderland or something..." Joey gets the clue. They're done the roadblock. They're off to the pit stop. Joey really liked the maze.

Caroline & Jennifer were thinking that the salon was a... hair salon or something LOL.

Bates & Anthony go through 9 attempts before they finish the detour. Holy cows. They're out of the detour in last.

Mona & Beth are still hopelessly lost. Really lost. Commercial.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
This leg features shades of the episodes that preceded the penultimate episodes in Seasons 7 & 9

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
who is in the front? Mobeth or Banthony?
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
I would have like to run this leg, it looks fun. The whole season has been fun though, they've gone to some great locations

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
Basically newer teams that struggled are in the front, and the better teams in the back.  Looked like Bates/Anthony got the last edit moved to Mona/Beth. Though it could be a foot race between the two.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I would have like to run this leg, it looks fun. The whole season has been fun though, they've gone to some great locations

Agreed. I think I would have loved doing the roadblock... Even though haunted houses scare me.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
This roadblock reminds me of the infamous Venice roadblock in season 4. And didn't the train museum host a route marker on a previous Race in Berlin?
-- theschnauzers

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood

Train is really cool!!!
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here