Author Topic: pre-TAR 23 speculation  (Read 120254 times)

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: pre-TAR 23 speculation
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
I don't know man, they started at this time last year. Keep an eye out.

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2013, 09:13:03 PM »
someone tweeted saying they saw some amazing race teams at the Denver airport 5 hours ago??? :O

Father/Daughter team????
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:18:52 PM by Joeyengen »

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
Yeah, he said he saw them filming a team with a golden envelope at an airport Starbucks. That didn't make a lot of sense for several reasons. When I tried to get more info, he just got more vague and finally clammed up. I think I got trolled.

I agree we would have seen other tweets if they had been filming. I think it'll be a while before it starts. Maybe next weekend, maybe not.

Isn't Phil in France this weekend. It makes starting this weekend very unlikely.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2013, 11:25:30 PM »
Before beginning to name possible/impossible countries to visit for this season, I would like to hear some feedback about route directions first. I think an original rightward route is a little overdue since TAR21 and 22 basically covered that twice in a row. I do NOT want Oceania or Asia in the first leg this season; I would flip a couch. :lol:

It's possible for WRP to drag a unique route like 7 or 13 again. To keep it a little "weirded" out, I think a route flow of USA --> Caribbean --> Baltic Europe --> Africa --> Upper Asia (not China) --> USA would be pretty cool. With better editing and more race dama, it could be running with the TAR12 through TAR17 era.

<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2013, 12:35:28 AM »
Yeah, he said he saw them filming a team with a golden envelope at an airport Starbucks. That didn't make a lot of sense for several reasons. When I tried to get more info, he just got more vague and finally clammed up. I think I got trolled.

I agree we would have seen other tweets if they had been filming. I think it'll be a while before it starts. Maybe next weekend, maybe not.

Isn't Phil in France this weekend. It makes starting this weekend very unlikely.

Phil being in France to do some cycling was the main reason why I figure it'll be another week or so before they begin the race. When I said next weekend above, I meant the June 1-2 weekend. It could be sooner if Phil returns in the next few days.

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2013, 04:39:21 AM »
go to nepal!!!!!!
Creating Routes ~

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2013, 12:54:22 AM »
someone tweeted saying they saw some amazing race teams at the Denver airport 5 hours ago??? :O

Father/Daughter team????

That was the tweet I posted earlier and then removed. It's what north09 and I were discussing above. I had my doubts, so I exchanged a couple of tweets with the guy and it became clear it wasn't a real sighting.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #207 on: May 27, 2013, 10:55:13 AM »
I think there will be a lot of parent/child teams for this season 23. 3-4 teams maybe? The last season we have 3 parent/child team is season 18. Doesn't TAR want to have parent/child winner?

The route is eastward, I'm quite sure. I think they'll try something new, like putting South American legs on last.

Hopefully, if we end up getting our Parent/Child winner, it'll be a 60 year-old kid with a 80 (plus) year-old teammate (or late 70s). All sort of records will fall if that happens!

Yeah, the SA end isn't new, but I would totally be for your idea. Would be a refreshing switch to the typical route in the majority of the past seasons
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #208 on: May 27, 2013, 10:04:43 PM »
I hope the race begins filming soon later this week, I am looking towards it.  I hope to see more new countries.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #209 on: May 27, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »
Phil seems to be riding across France, but on a speedy bike. Practice for the July ride?
He probably will be through in a few days. Race start by June1, maybe May 30 or 31.
Or sooner. Can not wait.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2013, 04:27:44 AM »
Phil seems to be riding across France, but on a speedy bike. Practice for the July ride?
He probably will be through in a few days. Race start by June1, maybe May 30 or 31.
Or sooner. Can not wait.

Phil is doing a route recon in a car/bus/van for his ride later. He is good, but I dont think he can ride 500 miles a day.

In his twitter feed, he said his route recon was total of 3800 miles. After day 9 he had traveled 2700 miles...so that means he has 2-3 more days of recon.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:11:13 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2013, 01:11:52 PM »
Thanks, I thought it must be something like that, but I wondered. Super biker.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #212 on: May 28, 2013, 04:40:42 PM »
Hello, all! An old member here, decided to make a new account after a extended hiatus.

I wanted to add my thoughts in regards to the speculations about potential countries/locations.

I will go region by region, stating which locations/combinations I believe will most likely be used:

I will start off with Latin America:
Likelihood that the race will visit: Likely
The region has not been used for 2 seasons, and now seems like a perfect time to return.  My personal opinion is that South America is much more likely than Central, or the Caribbean. The region will get 2-3 legs, either at the very beginning or very end of the race.

My top choices:
1. Ecuador/Peru (3 legs)
Two very wonderful countries that have been sorely underused by the U.S. franchise. Ecuador, especially Guayaquil is relatively easy to get to from the U.S., so having the premiere/penultimate legs here would not necessarily be a logistical mess. Guayaquil is Ecuador's largest city, so it can very easily host it's own leg; it is also the main jumping off point to reach the Galapagos Islands, which would be amazing to shoot in HD. For Peru, the only place they really visited was Cusco and Machu Picchu (sort of), and that was way back in Season 7. Even a return to that area to get a proper use of it would be a breath of fresh air. Plenty of connecting flights between Guayaquil and Lima, and Lima is only a couple hours flight from major hubs that can get teams to Europe, Africa, or the South Pacific and vice versa. (If they can get from Bolivia to New Zealand in Season 13, they could easily to something similar with Peru, just sayin')

2. Brazil (2 legs)
Brazil is an old go to for the Amazing Race, it is one country that no matter how many times it gets visited, there always seems to be a new energy and pizzazz to it. Though I would not be surprised to see a return to Sao Paulo, I personally believe that should the race return to Brazil it will feature new cities. Not since Season 2 has the race ventured into the interior of the country (though Brotas (S9) wasn't on the coast, it definitely wouldn't constitute it being called an 'interior city'). Look out for places like Brasilia or even Manaus (wishful thinking).

3. Peru/Bolivia (3 legs)
I'm itching for a return to Peru, and for good reason. The country is rich in history and culture and yet gets overlooked for countries like Argentina, Brazil, and Chile. I think Peru's next turn is coming soon. I would love them to cross the border from Peru to Bolivia via Lake Titicaca, I think it would work very well and look nice (also, it's a place that many Americans know because of it's name). They can then take teams to the Salt Flats in Bolivia, or one of several other Bolivian sites and cities so far skipped by the race.

I don't see much else as a strong possibility, outside of a Central American or Caribbean team being the first destination, or hosting the penultimate or even part of the final leg, before returning to the States. Likely candidates for that role:
1. Dominican Republic (could be used as an opening leg, before heading to Brazil or Europe)
2. Barbados (same as the D.R.)
3. Belize (could see this come in as something similar to Puerto Rico in S7- part of the final leg, hosting a couple tasks before returning to the U.S.)
4. Bahamas (same as Belize)

I don't believe Northern South America is quite ready to host the U.S. franchise (or maybe we're still not ready for it), and for the most part, the Caribbean and C.A. just seem too close to home for production to want to make a point of going there.

Feel free to comment on my thoughts, and add your speculation and opinions to my own- just trying to get conversations started :)

And if you'd like, my thoughts on where in Europe, if they go to Africa, and the general race route will come later!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: May 28, 2013, 07:30:42 PM »
Since we're kind of just waiting around for Phil to get back and hopefully get this thing filmed soon, I'll play along. I think that this season they have to go east after starting the last two going west. That means, assuming they stick with what they always do, either a start in South America and then onto Europe or go straight to Europe. Or I could be wrong and they do something totally different.

Online Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2013, 01:45:33 AM »
Hi! I'm new here! I usually come here to just check up on amazing race spoilers, and I thought I might as well make an account :)
Haha anyway as tar 23 spec, what's the chance of this season starting or ending in Phoenix, AZ?
Also, as for actual countries visited, I think Poland, Portugal, and the Philippines are definitely up for re-visits, and I think we should keep our eyes peeled for new visits to Monaco & Bahamas.
Thanks!
-Brannockdevice
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2013, 02:44:08 AM »
:welcome: to RFF, Brannockdevice!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #216 on: May 29, 2013, 05:32:17 AM »
Hi! I'm new here! I usually come here to just check up on amazing race spoilers, and I thought I might as well make an account :)
Haha anyway as tar 23 spec, what's the chance of this season starting or ending in Phoenix, AZ?
Also, as for actual countries visited, I think Poland, Portugal, and the Philippines are definitely up for re-visits, and I think we should keep our eyes peeled for new visits to Monaco & Bahamas.
Thanks!
-Brannockdevice

LOL TAR23: P Edition

I would be delighted if these three countries get chosen for this season, it's been a LONG while since they appeared. Not sure about Monaco and Bahamas. Monaco implies a visit to France, which we recently had. I still expect a Nice-Monaco-Italian Alps visit for a TAR 24 or 25, BTW.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #217 on: May 29, 2013, 09:22:24 AM »
Hi there!

I'm Jorge, from Spain. I'm not good with english, but i'll try to write good for being understood by all. I talk in english like Tarzán! hahah

I hope this season they will go to countries not visited yet, or been visited a few times (Portgual, Philppines, Laos, Nepal...) Obviously, not China, France, Japan, India...

I created my season. Maybe it have a lot of "ignored" countries, but i like.

1 – USA - CUBA -> From NY to La Habanna. A fall from a skyscraper in NY will be amazing. TAR was never to Cuba.

2- CUBA – COSTA RICA -> Costa Rica is one of the most expected countries to see on the next season.

3- COSTA RICA – FIYI -> Oceania have more than Australia and NZ!

4 - FIYI – AUSTRALIA - PHILIPPINES -> Please, go Philippines.

5 -  PHILIPPINES – LAOS -> Laos, another beautiful country not visited yet.

6 – LAOS – NEPAL -> Like Laos.

7 – NEPAL – EGYPT -> A leg on the desert will be great, with pyramides, sphinx..

8 - EGYPT -> One leg for Africa is so poor.

9 – EGYPT – GREECE -> Greece is beautiful. They can go to Mykonos.

10 – GREECE – SPAIN -> I know Spain was visited on the 21st season, but it's my country, i want TAR go there. This time to Canary islands.

11 – SPAIN – PORTUGAL -> Portugal needs a visit.

12 – PORTUGAL – CANADÁ -> The semifinal.

13 – CANADÁ - USA -> The final in Alaska.

I think Africa need more legs too. There are so many countries in this continent are not visited yet.

Please, no more boys team winners. (I don't like Bates and Anthony from 22, sorry! )-**)

I'm so excited for spoiler from the next season, i love this reality show! :hearts:
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #218 on: May 29, 2013, 09:50:35 AM »
Bienvenido, Hysha!!! Más españolees!! :D

BTW, Cuba has never been visited because of obvious reasons of the relationship of US with that country.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »
Phil just tweeted:
"#Heathrow to #LAX on @FlyAirNZ fantastic flight back home thank you team! @NoOppWasted"

So I guess he is on his way back already?
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #220 on: May 29, 2013, 09:51:24 AM »
Phil just tweeted:
"#Heathrow to #LAX on @FlyAirNZ fantastic flight back home thank you team! @NoOppWasted"

So I guess he is on his way back already?

Is this a Ready... Set... ¿?

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: May 29, 2013, 09:54:09 AM »
I don't know. I would think Phil would need some rest time before starting after all these miles he traveled on the bike. I guess we will find out soon!
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2013, 10:39:22 AM »
Bienvenido, Hysha!!! Más españolees!! :D

BTW, Cuba has never been visited because of obvious reasons of the relationship of US with that country.

And don't expect a visit anytime soon.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #223 on: May 29, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »
I don't know. I would think Phil would need some rest time before starting after all these miles he traveled on the bike. I guess we will find out soon!

A bike????

Phil posted this 10 hours ago...

Phil Keoghan ‏@PhilKeoghan  10h 
#LeRide #1928Tdf scout #France 10Days, 3,341 miles in a trusty @Ford next time I'm on these roads will be on a bike! pic.twitter.com/jQdH6rILdy

So no bike riding for Phil....his route recon was in a car. His bike ride will come later this summer.

Phil posted this one hour ago....

Phil Keoghan ‏@PhilKeoghan  1h 
#Heathrow to #LAX on @FlyAirNZ fantastic flight back home thank you team! @NoOppWasted

This appears to be just before the departure of Air New Zealand flight 1, also about an hour ago. He has a 10 hour flight to LA.

Matthew 7:15

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2013, 12:37:29 PM »
Hoorah. Ready for the start in a few days. Los Angeles start, blah, but they do have so many venues to choose from.