Author Topic: pre-TAR 23 speculation  (Read 120035 times)

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: pre-TAR 23 speculation
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2013, 10:26:39 AM »
Summer filming often has gone SOUTH (of the equator) so as to get to cooler weather.
ik that had a huge brain fart...

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2013, 12:04:22 PM »
Canada (anywhere) has been noticeably absent from TAR US for many seasons.
I'm thinking at least a partial leg - either part of leg 1 or the penultimate leg.

Why?
- they haven't been to Canada in a long time
- TAR Canada is being filmed very soon, probably before S23. WRP and Insight Productions are collaborating on TAR CA, which means WRP has a production partner in Canada that could facilitate the planning and sharing of production resources.

I'm speculating - start line in Detroit - departure southwards from Toronto...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2013, 09:53:36 PM »
The second all stars season maybe ???

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2013, 01:35:41 PM »
I think that we will see either Chicago, San Francisco, New York or Boston as a startcity this season. And at least 3 major big cities in Europe.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2013, 09:44:22 PM »
I'm usually pretty good at reading the producers' minds -  a few seasons back I got every country right.

Seriously? Link me to said post please :lol:

Not quite every country - can I use "it was two years ago" as an excuse? - but I did mention Indonesia, Thailand, Malawi, Denmark, and Belgium by name, as well as correctly predict skipping China/India AND getting a North American country for the first time in eleven seasons (as well as call Argentina and Paraguay as the next two South American countries to be visited) in the TAR19 pre-race prediction thread.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »
I think that we will see either Chicago, San Francisco, New York or Boston as a startcity this season. And at least 3 major big cities in Europe

I don't see Boston being a good start city unless they do it in one of the suburbs and then travel to Logan.  I'd love to have the race come here and self driving would be hilarious.  I know they don't use gps when they drive, but I have yet to find a gps that can figure out how to navigate the city so a self-driving leg through the city would be interesting.  Although they'd probably have to rely on taxis or the T for transportation which could also be quite interesting.  I'd rather see it as a final leg with the finish being some place that most people don't think about when they hear Boston.  With the exception of the time I was on the Esplanade and saw a bunch of little Amazing Race flags (must have been a local thing) I never thought about the race doing a leg in the city so I'd have to look to see which locations would offer a enough privacy to keep the end a secret.  I could come up with a huge wishlist of tasks for a leg in and around Boston.

There's a lot of country between the coasts, at some point one would think that the producers would have a leg or two in the US.  I know family edition did, but..................

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2013, 10:15:23 AM »
We had too much water/island this season, so I think there will be no exotic islands in S23.

I think we will see the race return to either China or Latin America in the first leg, but both will probably be visited at one point.

I also speculate there will be an obvious (to the audience) memory challenge in the finale.

My gut feeling tells me there will only be one or two M/M teams, in case Bates & Anthony win this season, and the majority of the cast will be M/F.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2013, 12:49:49 PM »
Starting dates:

The Amazing Race 15: July 18.
The Amazing Race 17: May 26.
The Amazing Race 19: June 18.
The Amazing Race 21: May 26.
The Amazing Race 23: I predic late May early June.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
Starting dates:

The Amazing Race 15: July 18.
The Amazing Race 17: May 26.
The Amazing Race 19: June 18.
The Amazing Race 21: May 26.
The Amazing Race 23: I predic late May early June.

Judging that pattern, wouldn't it be May 18?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2013, 08:47:50 PM »
Phil comments on TAR23...and US!! :hearts:

EXCERPT:

What's the latest on Season 23?
Keoghan: Can you believe it's been 23 seasons? We continue to get teams we could've never dreamed up. There are certain teams you don't even know are out there until you see the combination. Expect some different, new casting announcements. I've started writing the scripts for next season and the challenges are great. ... We will have new places [and we'll start shooting] in the summer. We don't tell people specific dates because they find us anyway. That's one of the things that's changed dramatically since Season 1 with social media.

There are literally fans from around the world who come together and live-tweet and collect sightings of you and the teams. Does that bother you guys? Or do you like that it's almost interactive now? Twitter did help Kaylani get her passport back.
Keoghan: Exactly. There are live updates all the time. Personally, I think it's exciting. What's weird was when we were going one way in an airport and The Amazing Race Asia team was going the other way, but neither of us had any idea that the other would be there. I think anyone who was trying to keep track would've been extremely confused. One of the other franchises was shooting in Christchurch [New Zealand] and my friend emailed me and said, "I can't believe you came to Christchurch and didn't even give me a call." I was like, "What are you talking about?" He manages the Christchurch airport and he said, "I saw the crew and the racers running around the airport." I was like, "Sorry, dude, that wasn't me." But Twitter and social media have added a whole new element for fans. Fans love being in the know. I think overall, our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know.

Sometimes they withhold major spoilers until after the season's over.
Keoghan: And we love that because I think they think they're part of something bigger. They don't feel like they have to spoil everything. Little teases here and there to whet the appetite are enough.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Finale-Phil-Keoghan-1064929.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2013, 03:35:29 AM »
Malaysia fans, watch out. #gutfeeling

I think it's likely going to be The Philippines #justsaying

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2013, 05:59:55 AM »
100% speculation: the race will start and end in the United States.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2013, 06:03:08 AM »
100% speculation: the race will start and end in the United States.

Wrong, clearly. It's going to start in North Korea and end in Iran. Gosh what is wrong with you people?

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2013, 09:19:21 PM »
I'll speculate that WRP has a discriminating view for Mexico and Canada.
Mexico makes it to the top 15 of all the following lists while Canada almost does:
TOP 15 Richest Countries by National GDP, 15 Largest, 15 Most populated, 15 oldest and largest democracies in the world. ...and all but Mexico and Canada have been recently visited.
Even President Barack Obama has been in Mexico City, Guadalajara and Cabo San Lucas 4 times and has sent his daughters on vacation to Oaxaca State during his presidency which is much shorter than the time TAR has been running!
Bertram: ¡Estamos esperando! We are waiting!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2013, 09:24:29 PM »
Mexico makes it to the top 15 of all the following lists while Canada almost does:
TOP 15 Richest Countries by National GDP, 15 Largest, 15 Most populated, 15 oldest and largest democracies in the world. ...and all but Mexico and Canada have been recently visited.
Even President Barack Obama has been in Mexico City, Guadalajara and Cabo San Lucas 4 times and has sent his daughters on vacation to Oaxaca State during his presidency which is much shorter than the time TAR has been running!
Give it a year or two while the whole political shift calms down, I'm forecasting Mx for the next All-Stars
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »
Give it a year or two while the whole political shift calms down, I'm forecasting Mx for the next All-Stars

Political "shift"? Calms down? A year or two? I have no idea what are you referring to but I promise not to make any fun of your lack of knowledge.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2013, 09:34:55 PM »

Political "shift"? Calms down? A year or two? I have no idea what are you referring to but I promise not to make any fun of your lack of knowledge.
Dude, our ruling party just changed, which may have a positive effect in safety issues the country has had, which has kept Mexico in the US Travel Warning list, but it will take time. Also, I'm Mexican.
The story so far:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2013, 10:23:06 PM »

Xarles, I hope TAR23 won't go to Canada. Unless the country currently filming the Canadian version. Mexico has issued a travel warning to American tourists. Such as U.S.-Mexico border areas and throughout Mexico including carjacking, drug trafficking and kidnapping. Unless, TAR23 won't visit the country either. Sorry U.S. borders.

I hope TAR23 will visit my country, which is the Philippines. And it hasn't been visited since TAR5, the highly success of last year's airing of the local version of the race and wanted to visit the country there. The reason there's a furious rain storms by the months of June to August, the race couldn't visit wet areas.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2013, 03:09:08 AM »
A lot of editions of the race have been filming in places like Sri Lanka and The Philippines so I can't see them ruling them out straight away...

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2013, 03:13:28 AM »
A lot of editions of the race have been filming in places like Sri Lanka and The Philippines so I can't see them ruling them out straight away...

I hope for a Philippine leg since there hasn't been any since TAR 5. :D

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2013, 07:55:21 AM »
guys we all now it is going start in LA

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2013, 08:10:37 AM »
I think we'll see India again.  :)
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2013, 09:04:26 AM »
guys we all now it is going start in LA

What about an East Coast start line?
Speculations:
Philadelphia (Philly)?
New York City?
Miami?
Charlotte?
Chicago?
Houston?
Atlanta?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:48:13 AM by ApprenticeFan »

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2013, 09:11:58 AM »
Visit a new country! Nepal! and also go visit Hong Kong.
Creating Routes ~

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »
I think we'll see India again.  :)

I think it's gonna be the highland, such as Darjeeling, or even more bustling city that hasn't been visited yet, such as Bangalore  ;)