Author Topic: pre-TAR 23 speculation  (Read 120049 times)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: pre-TAR 23 speculation
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 04:01:49 AM »
Well, since TAR1, we haven't seen any 1st leg in Africa, so I really hope that they're doing that in season 23. :lol:

In Africa, I think either a leg in Morocco OR leg(s) in South Africa, since TAR recently has interest in safari-themed leg (Kruger National Park, anyone?).

About Europe, I think that the Western Europe is way overused in recent seasons. So, I think they'll go either north (Finland/Norway), south (Greece/Malta), or east (Latvia/Ukraine/Romania).

For Asia, I agree that Indonesia is way overused, although I hope that they visit Indonesia NOT in early legs, but in the late legs (final 5/4 in Indonesia will be awesome :hrt:). I think that they'll visit Laos to redeem the cancelled leg in TAR19, and I think they'll stay for 2 legs on there. Brunei, Singapore, and Malaysia are also have a chance to be visited, since Singapore and Malaysia haven't been visited since TAR16 and Brunei is kinda forgotten by the production team... For eastern Asia, I predict South Korea due to recent booming of Korean culture in US (Gangnam Style task, anyone? :lol:); but I think that they'll skip it because of North Korea problem. :groan:

Australia is also need to be visited, but not in Sydney! They should go in Tasmania or the Western Australia! :hrt:

The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 04:09:23 AM »
Not mentioning Melbourne. Shame. :lol:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 04:11:59 AM »
We can easily rule out much of the Middle East, India is unsafe because of the recent rapes of woman. I think we can rule out Korea at least for Season 23 because of the North Korea problem. Laos seems a little remote, but that has never stopped TAR.

I think we will see a lot of South America, Europe and maybe Africa...

Offline Smugleaf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 08:45:27 AM »
India/China one or both. I don't think two seasons in a row without either is possible. :lol:

A new country maybe?

The first leg of TAR 21 was set in Shanghai, China, right? :0

As for potential locations, a revisit to Perú is long overdue, so I'd put my money on at least one leg there (Lima, Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu are all viable locations). Ecuador and Greece are also possible countries.

We can expect 2-3 new countries as well. Uganda, the 'stans, Laos, Brunei, Monaco and Latvia would all make nice legs. TAR has to visit Antarctica sooner or later, too.

Offline Stylemikro

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 09:27:50 AM »
Hum, I hope they come to my country, Portugal :D, We caused a lot of trouble to some teams back in season 3 (one of them with a penalty gets eliminated after getting a 1st place in the pit stop and half of the teams in the next leg did not realize the fuel the vehicle needs and put the incorrect one xD) And we deserved a better leg, we have a lot to show too :)

Also I believe in this season there will be no Africa, instead they will go again to India and/or China. Also I would like some initial legs in South America, would say Argentina, Perú or Venezuela. Then we will have the usual legs in Europe, I would say they will go again to Bavaria in Germany, and maybe some eastern europe countries.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »
I hope no Bavaria included, since we already have some Germany this season.

A nice Portugal-North of Spain driving would be really awesome. Quite a lot of interesting scenarios there to see.

I would love to see some of this landscape along with some big urban cities. I also hope there is no Africa since I prefer to miss Africa for a couple of seasons before enjoying it. I also hope there is MORE self-drive.

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 10:24:41 AM »
I agree with most of the speculations here...
I predict it will be a West to East route with at least two South America legs.
And I think they'll visit India, it's been two seasons!
Also no more Indonesia hopefully, it's so overused, there's a lot Asian countries TAR haven't visited.
I also predict a Middle East leg and I think for Europe legs they'll visit places like Spain, Portugal...

I'd also love to see more self-driving legs!
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 11:21:04 AM »
This season must be a west to east route season. If it is not,  :killme:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 11:41:30 AM »
This season must be a west to east route season. If it is not,  :killme:
Nooooo.....!!! Don't hang yourself just because TAR's not going west to east. :lol3:

Anyway, because TAR already went from east to west in previous season. I think this time they'll go the reverse route.

BUT, don't forget that in TAR 7, they reversed the route (North America > South America > Africa > Asia > Europe > Central America > North America). It's also a possibility. ;)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 11:47:12 AM »
I think we are due a NON-LA start. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 01:17:21 PM »
I'm thinking TAR might do a reverse Season 13 route. We're due for a west to east Season and South America and I don't think they will do a similar route as S20.

Offline briangwen7

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I Love The Amazing Race!!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 04:53:42 PM »
Yes!!! Puerto Rico My Island! :P
 :wohoo:
Future Amazing Race 26 Contestant

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 06:05:35 PM »
This thread is speculation or guesses, briangwen7, that is not necessarily true.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 06:32:15 PM »
???

Offline jostor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 10:06:52 AM »
Lately almost all seasons have started in LA, whether that means it's time for a change or it's more likely to be there is anyone's guess.

China and India have gotten quite little attention lately, and even though neither of them (particular India) are among my favourite destinations, almost 1/3 of the world's population live in those two countries, so it's hard to ignore them, so a leg or two there is likely. (even though I hope not!)
A lot of recent series have also travelled westward around the world (as opposed to the earlier series when the race most of the times went east), so it's about time for some eastwards travelling! Of the last 5 series only TAR20 went east first. In fact have a list:

Went eastwards:
TAR 1
TAR 2
TAR 3
TAR 4
TAR 5
TAR 6
TAR 7 (didn't actually circumnavigate the earth, but started out going east)
TAR 9 (TAR 8 was the family edition, not listed)
TAR 11
TAR 12
TAR 14
TAR 16
TAR 17
TAR 20

Went westwards:
TAR 10
TAR 13
TAR 15
TAR 18
TAR 19
TAR 21
TAR 22

So as we see in the early seasons pretty much all races went east, the first one to start out west was season 10, but lately it's been a lot going west, so going east would be about time.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 06:15:16 AM »
I think we are due a NON-LA start. :lol:
Amen, let's hope for that. How about Atlanta?
Philadelphia (although that would make a better finishing place)?
Charlotte?
Detroit?
Orlando?
Houston?
St. Louis?
Minneapolis?

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2013, 12:00:33 AM »
I'm usually pretty good at reading the producers' minds -  a few seasons back I got every country right.

Central America as the penultimate leg I feel is more likely South America, unless they're going to skip Brazil and Argentina for the first time. Much as I'd love to see the Caribbean islands (especially the Dominican Republic) or Mexico I think they're both unlikely - Costa Rica is the best bet in this region.

Since season 17, we've done Norway, Sweden, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, France, and the UK (with Germany hit three times and the Netherlands twice). That's every western European country except Iceland, Ireland, Portugal, Andorra, and Luxembourg. In the same time period, the only eastern European country visited is Russia (twice). If we go to Europe I'd put it at about 95% likely it's the eastern half, and probably somewhere in the former Yugoslavia given all of the regional franchises COMBINED have only spent two legs there (TAR12 in Dubrovnik, and the HMLM2 leg covering both Sarajevo and Dubrovnik). Or Greece, if they can get in and out safely - though with Golden Dawn's political influence, that's unlikely if there are going to be minority teams.

Africa? Most likely Morocco if anywhere - easy connections to Europe (especially to Portugal), a safe country, not the same landscape as the Africa seen in the last three visits (Malawi, Tanzania, Botswana) - although Angola is an outside chance, and I'd love another leg in South Africa if they can do it. The Arab Spring countries are probably still out at least until TAR24, and the remaining countries are either too similar to what we've seen recently (Gabon) or not safe (Kenya). It's definitely time for a "big city" leg in Africa again, and preferably one where "poverty LOL" isn't the focus. Maybe Ethiopia?

Unless the show is given a midseason "another show isn't rating" renewal we've only got one season this time around, so India is probably the safest bet you can make, but aside from that Asia is tougher. Middle East is still out (Jordan is the most plausible option, and it has borders with Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Palestine, and Syria, which should tell you all you need to know), Japan and Korea are probably on the blacklist until Kim Jong-Un calms down, Indonesia needs a break, and we had Hanoi this season. At a guess I'd say Malaysia or the Philippines. If they're going to insist on pointing out the lack of originality in recent seasons by having another Switchback, then the Philippines is DEFINITELY the better option.

No to New Zealand and the rest of the South Pacific islands, and Australia is an outside chance at best. If they do, it'll be somewhere that isn't beachside or "outback", and the only real options that are race-friendly are Victoria and Tasmania (and Adelaide, but pfft).

So in summary, my guess:

United States
Portugal
Morocco
Serbia
Russia
India
Australia
Philippines
Costa Rica
United States

That's nine countries, with one new - roughly the same as this season. If I had to guess, I'd say the extra three legs come from double legs in Morocco (because the show hasn't had a single leg in any African country for twelve seasons), Australia, and the Philippines.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 05:52:26 AM »
I'm usually pretty good at reading the producers' minds -  a few seasons back I got every country right.

Seriously? Link me to said post please :lol:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 06:06:57 AM »
United States
Portugal
Morocco
Serbia
Russia
India
Australia
Philippines
Costa Rica
United States

That's nine countries, with one new - roughly the same as this season. If I had to guess, I'd say the extra three legs come from double legs in Morocco (because the show hasn't had a single leg in any African country for twelve seasons), Australia, and the Philippines.

Unless you plan on all your female-female teams being eliminated early or you want to get sued should the unthinkable happen, I don't think India is a good idea. 

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2013, 07:34:41 PM »
Starting Point: San Fran (for WC) or Baltimore (for EC)
Wish list:
Azores or Cape Verde
Balkans countries (esp. Slovenia)
Himalayan countries or regions (Nepal/Bhutan/Tibet)
Caribbean
Oceania countries (excluding Australia)
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2013, 09:32:39 AM »
Starting Point: i feel like they use states on some kind of coastline a lot... so i figure we will get a somewhat southern start but a city thats not on the coast.. maybe Nashville, TN... then heading to costa rica to go from hot to hot (since they are probably filming in the summer.. then maybe an extremley cold europe leg.. o i dont know poland or austria? take a quick dip into africa (angola would be a nice probable leg) then go back up into cold europe kind of like how S13 did hot-cold-hot-cold.. I do feel like they will use the Laos leg somewhere.. also maybe some islands as well...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2013, 09:41:51 AM »
Well, the unused Belize and Tanzania legs NEVER resurfaced, nothing to say we will ever see the Laos leg either way.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ruadhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »
Starting Point: i feel like they use states on some kind of coastline a lot... so i figure we will get a somewhat southern start but a city thats not on the coast.. maybe Nashville, TN... then heading to costa rica to go from hot to hot (since they are probably filming in the summer.. then maybe an extremley cold europe leg.. o i dont know poland or austria? take a quick dip into africa (angola would be a nice probable leg) then go back up into cold europe kind of like how S13 did hot-cold-hot-cold.. I do feel like they will use the Laos leg somewhere.. also maybe some islands as well...

lol europe isnt cold in the summer. Poland and austria would be quite warm, maybe not africa hot but warm

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2013, 10:14:44 AM »
Summer filming often has gone SOUTH (of the equator) so as to get to cooler weather.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2013, 10:16:56 AM »
Malaysia fans, watch out. #gutfeeling