Author Topic: S26 Ep 10 "Zipping Over The Cuckoo's Nest"  (Read 22772 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: S26 Ep 10 "Zipping Over The Cuckoo's Nest"
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 02:30:17 AM »
Best decision ever by the amigos to take out Philip. Either Philip or Andrea would have been great picks. But Philip was obviously running the show. :D

And it works good for my TV too. Now I can stop grossing out when he appears only in his underwear in front of my screen.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 04:38:25 AM »
Best decision ever by the amigos to take out Philip. Either Philip or Andrea would have been great picks. But Philip was obviously running the show. :D

I don't think that is remotely close to true. Andrea is obviously running things - or you could perhaps argue Cochran. Phillip thought he was running the show but I don't actually think that is the case. Phillip was running things on nuBikal when Andrea was nowhere to be found, but that was only for a 2-episode period.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 01:08:21 PM »
But Phillip is keeping everyone in line.  Now people on the bottom of the 6 like Sherri and Brenda can turn the game upside down, giving themselves a better chance.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 06:08:10 PM »
I'm doing some rethinking, and i think the best move would've been to get rid of Dawn. She's the one who's keeps telling on everyone, which makes people skeptical to turn on SR Us. In the next round, we already know Erik would vote for Phillip, and the 3 (plus Erik) would still have a good shot at persuading Sherri or Brenda to vote out Phillip or Andrea, without someone like Dawn there to tell Phillip about this.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 05:08:24 AM »

I don't think that is remotely close to true. Andrea is obviously running things - or you could perhaps argue Cochran. Phillip thought he was running the show but I don't actually think that is the case. Phillip was running things on nuBikal when Andrea was nowhere to be found, but that was only for a 2-episode period.

"Andrea is obviously running things..." hmm, I don't remember you being in the show.

Remember edit plays a big part in the things you PERCEIVE and SEE. Ultimately, when it comes to needing to vote out somebody suddenly at last TC, Andrea's name was the first one thrown out (by Philip and almost Brenda agreed immediately, look at the power he holds). Nobody wants to play with her and smart Malcolm would have figured out Andrea might become the target soon. And since she has a loose r/s with Eddie, her chances of flipping is so much more than people like Dawn and Cochran, which they have tried to get but to no avail.

We don't exactly know who's running the show, but clearly it was either Philip or Andrea... and Philip is obviously the better choice here. Obnoxious, loud, rude... they even managed to turn Erik around to vote with them.

If you don't call that a smart move, I don't know what is. :)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 10:00:34 AM »

"Andrea is obviously running things..." hmm, I don't remember you being in the show.

Remember edit plays a big part in the things you PERCEIVE and SEE. Ultimately, when it comes to needing to vote out somebody suddenly at last TC, Andrea's name was the first one thrown out (by Philip and almost Brenda agreed immediately, look at the power he holds). Nobody wants to play with her and smart Malcolm would have figured out Andrea might become the target soon. And since she has a loose r/s with Eddie, her chances of flipping is so much more than people like Dawn and Cochran, which they have tried to get but to no avail.

We don't exactly know who's running the show, but clearly it was either Philip or Andrea... and Philip is obviously the better choice here. Obnoxious, loud, rude... they even managed to turn Erik around to vote with them.

If you don't call that a smart move, I don't know what is. :)

You're right, we can only judge based on what we see. We see three or more days condensed into an hour. But from what we have seen, it is not possible to draw a different conclusion. And I don't think she would flip, to be honest. It's possible, but unlikely, considering she is in control or at the very least, in semi-control of that alliance.

Last TC, they targeted Andrea, which was smart from their point of view. I don't understand why they flipped on that philosophy?

I don't think voting out somebody who would get 0-1 votes at the end is a smart move, over somebody who could get all the votes like Andrea, Dawn or Cochran. But I am happy that Andrea is safe, that's for sure.

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 10:24:05 AM »
 :stare The awkward moment when everyone has a favourite and you don't have one.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 11:09:07 AM »
Actually... I'm not in particular <3 to anyone right now. I'm okay with everyone except Erik and the fans minus Sherri winning this season. :lol3:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 10:08:54 PM »
I really love Andrea and Brenda. Dawn is now my third favourite. Cochran and Sherri are just OK, but I like them. Erik is a boring waste of a Favorites slot. Eddie I don't mind too much. Really don't like Reynold or Malcolm.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2013, 06:32:37 AM »
Erik and Francesca were both waste of Favourites space. There were a whole load of great people after HvV like Jill, Colton and Alicia/Christina who had more fans and were at least more exciting than these two. Well, I'm being biased here about Christina... but she was such a shocker on her season. :lol3:

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2013, 06:34:55 AM »
I've watched the episode a couple times over the past few days and I don't think Malcolm was being arrogant.  I really think it was a mind game that he was playing with the other alliance.  IMO it was more of a "so you think you've got all the power, now what...."  It may have also been his first attempt to see if anyone would flip over to their side.  Once they got Erik to jump onto their side voting for "Fill up"  lol, they went from 7-3 underdogs to 5-4 (presuming Erik doesn't go back to the other side).  All they need now is to convince someone in the other alliance that their alliance is going to turn on them and they will be in the majority.  Whether it was arrogance or a strategic mind game will depend on what he does tonight and going forward.  If he's a cocky punk back at camp; then, I read him wrong but I really think he was just doing it to mess with their minds and really throw the other side off their games.

Whether or not Phillip really was the mastermind or it's Andrea doesn't matter if everyone thought it was Phillip (including most of his own alliance); then, that's who had to go.  Now if it really has been Andrea calling the shots all along she's in a tough spot.

I'm glad Phillip is gone.  He was rude, delusional and just plain annoying to watch.  I really don't know how he managed to stay as long as he did other than these players aren't that bright.  The first time he "decided" unilaterally to "throw the challenge" in the middle of it should have been when he was voted out. 

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2013, 06:47:21 AM »
I think the others treated him as a joke and too be fair, Philip is really loyal. He says he wants to keep Laura around or keep an eye for her, but the moment he heard about her scrambling, she's gone. I think Philip just wanted to have safety nets but ultimately, he's loyal to the favourites. :)

Maybe they think bringing him to the F3 again, will be an easy win. Just like Boston Rob did.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2013, 07:11:23 AM »
I think the others treated him as a joke and too be fair, Philip is really loyal. He says he wants to keep Laura around or keep an eye for her, but the moment he heard about her scrambling, she's gone. I think Philip just wanted to have safety nets but ultimately, he's loyal to the favourites. :)

Maybe they think bringing him to the F3 again, will be an easy win. Just like Boston Rob did.

That's really the only reason I could see for keeping him around, but if you keep losing and your tribe gets decimated before the merge your chances of making final 3 are slim.  The way he was playing, he was just lucky that the favorites kept winning before they split up the tribes; otherwise, I think he would have been out pre-merge.  I know it's purely speculation at this point because we'll never know what might have been, but had the fans gotten rid of the dead weight when they first started losing they most likely would have won a few more challenges.  The only one who really hasn't had to worry about going home is Sherri. 

I'll be the first to admit that I can't remember most of what happened in past seasons, but it seems like there are a lot more weak players still in the game than at this point in past seasons.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2013, 07:39:24 AM »
I thought the only "weak" player at this point is Sherri.

Watch Nicaragua. :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2013, 07:51:56 AM »
:welcome: to RFF Leilani!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2013, 09:46:20 AM »
I don't think there are many weak players left. Andrea & Brenda have clearly shown they can go up against the guys and come out on top, especially with the IC that Brenda won. Cochran isn't strong, but he would be good at puzzle (and eating :P) type challenges. Dawn isn't bad at challenges. I agree with Joab that Sherri is probably the only weak one/

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2013, 09:50:30 AM »
And I think it's about edit too. Sherri has got her fair share of LOL edits at the beginning of the season too.

I love the merge cast this season. Except they need to get Corinne on the jury. :res: