Author Topic: WAREHOUSE 13 on SyFy Channel  (Read 10912 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
WAREHOUSE 13 on SyFy Channel
« on: July 08, 2009, 08:10:16 AM »
 ;D  Warehouse 13 premiered last night on the SyFy Channel (formerly the SciFi Channel), Tuesdays, 9PM, and it was pretty good.  Take a lot of the Nicolas Cage "National Treasure" movies, sprinkle in a little bit of "Raiders of the Lost Ark", a pinch or Dr. Who, and just enough historical "techno-speak" and you get an entertaining original sci-fi series, IMO.

The two lead characters are enjoyable enough, but sprinkle in a little humor and it's sure to entertain.  I personally like how they weave just enough historical technology into the plot, along with the supernatural phenomenom.  Hope they can keep it up for the remainder of the series.  :snicker:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: WAREHOUSE 13 on SyFy Channel
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 05:36:06 PM »
 :jam:  Episode 2 last night continued on in the same manner as the premiere.  Good mix of comedy and suspense.  Looks like there will be some running gags working their way through future episodes.  One small criticism might be the choice of "supernatural" items by the producers, namely the hair comb and 45 record.  hmmmm... not exactly scary but taken together with the sub plots still makes for good TV.  I wonder when they will finally explain the "football" gag?  We've seen it used in the first two episodes without a proper explanation as to it's "supernatural" powers.   :lol:  Next weeks previews suggests they use the so-called "Flash Gordon" ray-gun again....  :funny:

BTW, this week's "Kodak moment" line was priceless!   :snicker:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 11:35:59 AM »
This is sounding good.. and in the vast  wasteland of summer TV I'll give it a shot! Thanks Boingo!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
 :lol:  Episode 3 - this weeks scary paranormal item was .... are you ready?....  wait for it.... a chair.   :ascared   bwahahahahahha!   :funny:   

Looks like whoever was trying to hack into the Warehouse 13 computer finally succeeds next week.

*cue scary music*  :snicker:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:37:47 PM »
 :lol: Episode 4 - It's all about teleportation.  Interesting new characters which we may be seeing again in a future episode.  Oh yeah, the special item this week was ..... a compass.   :snicker:  The plot thickens, with more character development. 

Offline Samson.Real5

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 04:43:17 PM »
I'm an ass
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:03:05 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 02:06:49 AM »
^^ ...yes you are!  :res:

OK, back to business.... tonights mystery object was a "magic overcoat".. or some such thing... allows the wearer to walk through walls..   :lol:  and then there were 4 something-or-other artsy thingies.. with magic powers... very spooky...  :colors  and then the show was over...  :yess:  looks like "psycho girl" gets recruited as a regular warehouse team member for future shows...  B:) B:) B:) 

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 09:02:22 PM »
Episode 6 - tonights show was quite shocking...get it...shocking...  ;)  ...oh, I crack myself up sometimes...   :lol:   the mystery artifact was some silly electric spine or some such nonsense... I guess the writers ran out of good ideas...  :groan:

Anyway, we get a little bit of foreboding when elderly retired warehouse agent lady tells young upstart agent lady to "get out while you can"... *cue foreboding music*   :res:
...won't even mention how annoying "psycho girl" was back at the warehouse...  (:;)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 02:31:19 PM »
Episode 7 - tonight's secret artifact was the magic "Samurai sword of invisibility".  Not a bad story line with the addition of a new "villan" (which may be returning in future episodes) and his "implosion grenades".   :lol:

Agent woman starts having second thoughts about staying with Warehouse 13 (subtle "red shirt" reference), and we learn of Arite's checkered past, while "psycho girl" was nowhere to be found (thank you lord).  :funny:

According to the SyFy schedule (and a few quick calculations), I figure the final episode of this season will be on-or-about 9/22.  ;D

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 12:31:27 AM »
Episode 8 - Tonight's mystery artifact was the Studio 54 disco ball   :colors   :lol:  ... OK, not really, it was some lame magic poker chip or some such nonsense which allows the owner to see the future.   :snicker:  Then there was some mirror and dico ball sub plot... yada yada yada...  which got resolved 2 minutes before the end of the show.   :funny:  Not much plot but enough eye candy to keep the show interesting.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 09:47:12 AM »
Episode 9 -  :groan: Tonights episode was a real snoozer, with the whole prison, lightning, and mystery artifact of... wait for it....  the mineral quartz.   :res:  Totally lame, except for the adventures of our trusty sidekick "psycho girl" in a humorous sub plot.  When we last left "psycho girl", she had transformed herself into a "human magnet" with the aide of Volta's supernatural labcoat.   :lol:  The girl sure can attract attention (not to mention anything made of iron)  :funny: and it's up to Artie to save the day.   :jumpy:  Meanwhile, back at the prison, our intrepid duo see ghosts, and say stupid things, and .... oh! who am I kidding... this show sucked big time.   (:;)

Now let's look at the bright side, only three more epiosodes reamain till the end of the series.   :yess:  Hopefully the writers can redeem themselves.   :(
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:51:33 AM by Boingo »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 12:58:58 AM »
Episode 10 - Tonight's epiosde didn't really have a single artifact, but rather a warehouse full of artifacts... let me explain.   :snicker:  "Psycho girl" fixes the Hoover, which in turn causes the zip-line to break, sending "psycho girl" hurling into the warehouse somewhere.... meanwhile, the Hoover causes some "sticky string" artifact to get lodged in the "Neutralization" machinery gears, causing a potential meltdown of the warehouse...  B:) B:) B:)  you get the picture... 

The other sub-plot involves Artie, and the "higher authorities" of the warehouse, meeting in a diner....  B:) B:) B:)  silly stuff indeed.  OK, back to the warehouse meltdown... some supernatural dodgeballs get loose, but are quickly neutralized by our intrepid duo.  Not so with "psycho girl" who ends up in a house which she cannot escape.   B:) B:)  B:)  our intrepid duo join her in the house, figure out a plan, and escape. 

Off they go to save the warehouse from destruction, but get sidetracked by a silly supernatural typewriter ???  ummm.... whatever....   B:) B:) B:)  they escape the typewriter with the aide of a "broom"...  I kid you not.   :funny:   OK, with 2 minutes till total destruction, "psycho girl" gets wrapped up in the "sticky string"... so does lady agent, and it's up to guy agent  to save us all, with only 50 seconds to spare.   :groan:  Just another day at the office.   :res:

Not a bad episode, but the villain from the "samurai sword of invisibility" episode is lurking in the background, waiting to pounce in a future episode.   :meow:  Can we stand the suspense....  :neener:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 10:35:54 AM »
Episode 11 - Think of this as the build-up to the season finale epiosde next week where strange things happen, no one can trust anyone, etc...  B:) B:) B:)

The artifact(s) were a notebook and pen owned by Edgar Allan Poe.  The pen has the power to cause thing to happen when written by the pen (cool), and the notebook...errr....ummmm.... well it does some weird stuff.  The problem is that they cannot be neutralized alone, but rather when combined as a pair.  So, our intrepid duo race to save the day, along with their trusty sidekick "psycho girl".  Oh wait, did I tell you that all this happens because of the super villain from the "samurai sword of invisibility" episode.  Seems he wants the warehouse gang to pair the two artifacts for him.  Which they do, and he makes his escape (along with the pen & book) to meet again in the final epic battle we expect in the season finale next week.   :res:  Oh the tension, oh the suspense, oh I think my leg fell asleep watching this stuff.   :funny:   :neener:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 12:29:42 AM »
Episode 12 - (Season finale)  Well the hype about things not being what they seem was right... it's all about misdirection.  We last left our intrepid duo chasing after super villain (and ex-warehouse agent) McPhearson as he attempts to sell warehouse artifacts to the highest bidder.

Artie joins in the hunt, while "psycho girl" and psychic black lady stay behind at the warehouse.  The hunt leads them to the Phoenix artifact which thay claim still exists in the warehouse, BUT, NO, it's missing... BUT who took it....  OH NO, all clues suggest that "psycho girl" is McPhearson's accomplice.   (:;)  But I digress, the intrepid duo (or now, trio) track McPhearson to an auction site, where the "magic thimble" ...  B:) B:) B:)  you get the picture.... oh, you don't?  nevermind, it's too silly to explain.... but I digress,  the intrepid trio capture McPhearson with the aide of the "Goblet of something-or-other" and head back to the warehouse to freeze dry the super villain (in a not so subtle reference to Star Wars).   :snicker:  Oh, yeah, there was another cool Goldfinger line, but I digress...  Just when we think that McPhearson is a frozen popsicle, the psychic black chick (disguised as "psycho gir", via the "magic thimble")... whew, that was a mouthful.... defrosts the bad guy who then sets his plan in motion to take over the warehouse.  

Artie is on to them, and appears to be blasted to bits while McPhearson escapes, leaving the interpid duo caught in the warehouse without an escape.... a giant cliffhanger to be resolved in Season 2 in January 2010.   :groan:  

Not a bad conclusion, but leaves everything up in the air for months and months...  :res:  guess that's one way to ensure a returning audience....   :lol:  
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:45:30 AM by Boingo »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 02:25:03 PM »
 :ascared Programming Update!

I'm hearing rumors (OK, more than just rumors), that the second season of Warehouse 13 will not happen till the summer of 2010.  Given it's success last summer on the SyFy Channel, TPTB has signed on for another season of Warehouse 13, to return in it's original summer timeslot.  I guess they don't want to mess with success, as it proved to be a big summer hit.  Looks like we all have to wait just a bit longer before "Psycho Girl" and the rest of the ensemble cast returns to the small screen.  BTW, I did notice that "warehouse agent guy" (sorry, never did learn his name) is currently cast in another TV show for one of the "big four" networks.  Guess he needed to keep busy in the mean time.  ;) 

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 01:36:23 PM »
UPDATE:  An abbreviated Season 5 will be the final season.  Boy, I really lost interest after the second season.  It's been on a downhill slope for a while.  Nothing can top the first season.  :groan:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:27:24 PM by Boingo »