The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Countries/Continents that made the worst/best legs : AFRICA

<< < (7/8) > >>

Daniel:
I actually love the Madagascar leg in Season 10. The cow lips FF, the first intersection ever, taxis without gases, D/K beating the FF :hrt:

starrynight:
Africa has been poor recently, I guess because of budget cuts and the producers wanting to play things a lot more safe than they did at the beginning.  Now we see them guiding contestants from one task to another or giving them the direct route to the pitstop, and the legs seem short generally too.  The days when a team could get lost for ages driving in the desert as in season one seem long gone.

Zack.:
Worst: TAR 20 in Tanzania (both legs) They could've had one decent leg (tent task, safari, the Speed Bump converted into a RB, the second Detour minus a U-Turn) but instead chose to have two lame ones (yes, Nary and Jamie falling five days behind hurt things but...*shrugs*)

Best: TAR 5 in Egypt (1st) - THE SPHINX THE SPHINX THE SPHINX. TAR 6 in Ethiopia - Surprisingly pretty leg, decent tasks and an overdue elimination. What's not to love? TAR 17 in Ghana (2nd) - This is the standard for what all linear legs should be. BOTH a Detour and an RB, transportation less of a factor, and additional tasks to shuffle the team order.

Jimmer:
Having seen Season 12 onwards,

My favorites were the first Burkina Faso leg is S12, the Seychelles in S16, both Ghana legs in S17, and the 2nd Botswana leg in S22.

I didn't like the first Tanzania leg in S20.

Bwils927:
I forgot about TAR 5 Egypt. That leg was amazing. That season was amazing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version