The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

THE AMAZING RACE ETHICS THREAD

<< < (8/15) > >>

Declive:
It was wrong and made them BEG in a poor country.

RachelLeVega:
Remembering back to all-stars, a couple teams were ignored and helpless in Poland for some reason, mentionably Charla & Mirna to the point of Mirna tearing up. I believe this is to be answered in the ethics area since this is the race's past controversy I need help on:

"Do you think the Polish locals should have helped Charla & Mirna with directions and simple questions than just ignoring, "no"ing, and giggling at them?"

Bwils927:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on March 23, 2013, 01:36:21 PM ---Remembering back to all-stars, a couple teams were ignored and helpless in Poland for some reason, mentionably Charla & Mirna to the point of Mirna tearing up. I believe this is to be answered in the ethics area since this is the race's past controversy I need help on:

"Do you think the Polish locals should have helped Charla & Mirna with directions and simple questions than just ignoring, "no"ing, and giggling at them?"

--- End quote ---
No because Mirna was hyperventilating and they were afraid of her

Dånooky:
If we're talking within the show: if the rules allow it, go for it. Teams should be allowed to pick their own morality as long as they remain lawful.

Example:
Boston Rob bribing the bus driver not to open the back door of the bus (allowed by the rules) vs. Mark & Michael hiding the tools for a task (against the rules)

While I'm certainly not a Rob 'n Ambuh fan, it was a tactic. As far as the twinnies go. James & Abba dropped the money, there was no way to mark it as theirs (as if it had been say, inside their fanny pack). While the Twinnies could have returned the money, they had no moral obligation, specially since they cleared it with production.

Jobby:

--- Quote ---While the Twinnies could have returned the money, they had no moral obligation, specially since they cleared it with production.
--- End quote ---

:jam: We have a winner. Morally wrong of Nadiya and Natalie, but nothing wrong with them taking the money since they cleared it with production.

ALTHOUGH I still disapprove them for it. :lol3:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version