Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 4 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 28821 times)

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Well Joey share it with Mona because he wanted to and there is no rule against it, but Connor just peeked for himself to Winnie's board, when she didn't want to. So Connor was defenetly not nice at this point ;)

i agree with this. i like Dave/Connor from the beginning but after what Connor did, i don't know... :( 
Pam & Winnie deserved the 1st place

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
The point is that Connor stole an answer for the actual task when Winnie specifically stated beforehand she wasn't willing to show him it. John wasn't able to see the surfboards teams who had previous checked in used - Phil outright denied him. So how is Connor's move any different?

Stealing a cab is fine - it's not the team's property, it's the cab driver's car and it's up to them on who they choose to take. The surfboard was Winnie's answer, she was in possession of it and chose not to share it. It's something that she owned and it was stolen from her, hence Connor and Dave ripped the girls off first place.

Don't blame taxi drivers for that. They drive for money. That's thier job. So when you come to to them and say you'll pay more extra we all know what will happen next.

How about follow other teams? That's the kind of stealing information too when they don't want you follow them on the race and many teams did that include some winning teams but you guys still like them. It's a part of the game so live with it.

Even when Connor take the answer form Winnie, he still don't know pit stop yet and Winnie's still ahead of him. Pam & Winnie lose first place because Winnie lost her way to pit stop so don't blame all to Connor. It's very low of you guys to do that.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:24:02 PM by alecbaldwin »

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
A taxi driver's job is to serve their customers as well.  If a taxi wasted my time I certainly wouldn't use that company again, and that ultimately hurts the employers of the taxi driver.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
So what is being said here is that what Connor did is not ethically correct... much like the Twinnies' move last year to claim James & Abba's money is incorrect. I support Kiwi in saying that if you're in the middle of the race you WOULDN'T peek at that? I think that each and every one of you would, sorry. Connor did what he had to do to win the leg, which was bending the rules but not breaking them. So he did what he had to do to advance his team in the Race, and the Race is cutthroat, as we have seen in recent seasons.

But I still don't like them for doing it, ugh.

Pam & Winnie love <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Dave and Connor <3333333
(I haven't loved any Father/Son team since... liek... Nick and Don (and they aren't even father/son :lol:) forever? )
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Dave and Connor <3333333
(I haven't loved any Father/Son team since... liek... Nick and Don (and they aren't even father/son :lol:) forever? )
You didn't like Mel & Mike? :o
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Dave and Connor <3333333
You didn't like Mel & Mike? :o

Oh, yes. Mel and Mike! Yes yes (the TAR14 version of themselves, though)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Glad to have Indonesia broke another record/history  :hrt:

S19 : Double Elimination
S21 : Double Blind U-Turn
S22 : First team to be Eliminated with an Express Pass in their pocket :P

Want some more record breaking and history making episode? Visit Indonesia  ;)

There are still heaps of islands and cultures to be explored!

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!

Also, Indonesia is the first foreign country visited in TARAustralia!  TARAsia also featured their first Fast Forward in Jakarta.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster

hahaha... everyone will upset if they come to Indonesia again next season. We need a break Zouly. Yes, we have more than 17000 islands, so many ethnics & cultures.  i'm sure they'll be back, maybe season 25 (All stars edition) *finger crossed*

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
The point is that Connor stole an answer for the actual task when Winnie specifically stated beforehand she wasn't willing to show him it. John wasn't able to see the surfboards teams who had previous checked in used - Phil outright denied him. So how is Connor's move any different?

Stealing a cab is fine - it's not the team's property, it's the cab driver's car and it's up to them on who they choose to take. The surfboard was Winnie's answer, she was in possession of it and chose not to share it. It's something that she owned and it was stolen from her, hence Connor and Dave ripped the girls off first place.

Don't blame taxi drivers for that. They drive for money. That's thier job. So when you come to to them and say you'll pay more extra we all know what will happen next.

How about follow other teams? That's the kind of stealing information too when they don't want you follow them on the race and many teams did that include some winning teams but you guys still like them. It's a part of the game so live with it.

Even when Connor take the answer form Winnie, he still don't know pit stop yet and Winnie's still ahead of him. Pam & Winnie lose first place because Winnie lost her way to pit stop so don't blame all to Connor. It's very low of you guys to do that.

But it could've taken Connor a while to search for the right board.  :( I don't know. I think we're all just sad that Pam and Winnie were so close to getting first. I really think they deserved to get first this leg. They did everything without any help and completed all the tasks efficiently.
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
So what is being said here is that what Connor did is not ethically correct... much like the Twinnies' move last year to claim James & Abba's money is incorrect. I support Kiwi in saying that if you're in the middle of the race you WOULDN'T peek at that? I think that each and every one of you would, sorry. Connor did what he had to do to win the leg, which was bending the rules but not breaking them. So he did what he had to do to advance his team in the Race, and the Race is cutthroat, as we have seen in recent seasons.

But I still don't like them for doing it, ugh.

Pam & Winnie love <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Taking any part of somebody's possessions is far far worse.

I know in the past sabotaging another team in a detour or RB wasn't allowed (I remember the stuntmen being penalised for hiding a bicycle pump) but I wonder if the rules might change on that.  Similarly moving someone's bag has been penalised in the past but if people are allowed to take someone's money then I think it's virtually anything goes now.  Though with some of the backlash the producers got for the money taking last season I wonder if they might have second thoughts about that approach.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:53:35 PM by starrynight »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Looking at another teams efforts has been a long established fair tactic...

Teams check out each other's building (watermelon stacks, tents, scales etc) efforts, follow others to get a clue (abbaccus) even  those flags that Jet/Cord had trouble with.

I don't think sneaking a peek at what another team is doing is any way out of order. If some team wants to prevent that, seems like it is up to them. And I am kind of persnickety about ethics.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I thought it was kind of dumb for Winnie to stop and ask Connor for directions to the pit stop. "Hi, I know we're both competing for 1st place and a big prize, but please help me out and tell me where to go to find Phil." If Winnie had just kept going and didn't ask for directions, Connor wouldn't have been able to peek at her surfboard and chances are very good that Pam and Winnie would have arrived first. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:20:58 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Or even in a strategic play she could have traded information with Connor and then, with Pam, easily out race him and Dave to the mat. 
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Mak

• RFF Not So Newbie
If I'm not mistaken, Winnie did say to Connor she would show him the board she chose if he let her and Pam go on the mat first, but Connor declined this offer.  I think that's what made it worse for me when Connor then sneaked a look a which board she had chosen and then beat them to first place.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I don't think sneaking a peek at what another team is doing is any way out of order. If some team wants to prevent that, seems like it is up to them. And I am kind of persnickety about ethics.

Don't compare it to other tasks such as checking the progress of other teams. Ultimately, you can check out what other teams are doing, but you still have to DO IT YOURSELF.

Connor didn't DO IT HIMSELF. He STOLE an ANSWER which Pam DIDN'T WANT TO GIVE HIM.

Yes, Pamela and Winnie may have agree to work with Connor and Dave and then beat them to the pitstop since Dave can't walk properly. But seriously, you think if a team already said (Connor) did they don't want to work with you, you'll want to linger around and talk to them further?

Connor is sneaky and that's how I see it. He cheated and stole $10,000 from Pamela and Winnie. It's a sin and it's a HORRIBLE SIN.

Kthxbye.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
With that said, I already said before I will give Dave and Connor the benefit of the doubt that I'll probably sneak a peak if I were in his situation too.

Then I thought again and I take back what I say. I saw the episode and if I were in that circumstance, I would work with her for an answer, then go to the pitstop with them in 2nd place, since Pamela and Winnie helped with the clue too.

I'm sorry, it's just against my morals and ethics. You may not buy it but I'm serious, I was pointing my middle finger at Connor and Dave (literally at the screen) while watching the show.

That was how mad I was. When people say they don't want to show you the answer, you don't CHEAT.

Cheaters never win. I hope Dave and Connor get eliminated soon. (HEHEHEHEHEHE) :lol3:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
So weird. I didn't saw a "No Peeking" sign at the end of the Roadblock.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Declive, you are talking rules of the Amazing Race and Joab is talking the ethics of normal human interactions. I side with Joab on this one.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Declive, you are talking rules of the Amazing Race and Joab is talking the ethics of normal human interactions. I side with Joab on this one.

<3 apskip we are finally in the same tune.

Nobody says no robbery in a jewellery store too, you wanna rob it Declive? :lol3:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
IMO the best episode this season so far. Ew at Dave & Connor, Pam & Winnie didn't win a leg.

Pam & Winnie and Supertan were STARS this leg and well <3

Flight drama <3

Caroline getting it perpetually wrong </3

I don't think the Country Singers will last the race, unfortunately. :( (NOT A SPOILER)

Wow John is stupid. Just use the EP for goodness' sakes. :res:

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster

unfortunately CBS cut this scene, where teams got their first clue here before they headed to monkey forest. Kecak dance is the most famous dance in Bali, plus the rice field view would be great to the viewers. it's all because of duration :(