Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 4 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 28709 times)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Can I just say how much I LOVED the coconut clue at the monkey sanctuary? Very creative touch producers - nice one!  :hearts:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG LAUGHING SO HARD AND JJ AT THAT RANDOM GUY'S HOUSE DOING THE 'DETOUR'

Love the Detour options as well! This episode is off to a good start!

Pam & Winnie got robbed of 1st place. Not happy!

Poor Jessica.. she really looked liked she wanted to continue on! I am annoyed at John for not playing the EP, but then again, good on him for not giving up!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:37:16 AM by supah »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Their elimination was more of because of the Detour I think. Even if John used his EP immediately at the Roadblock, I think they would have been eliminated anyway.

No? He was clearly at the roadblock at the same time as Chuck. They easily could have used the Express pass and survived. John's ego got in the way... I still can't believe he continued to be a douche and deny Jessica's suggestion of using the express Pass even when they were last.

Even if he wasn't in last, it was clear he didn't recognise the picture, why the hell did he continue going and not use the Express Pass? Remember, a saved express pass doesn't help you later on if you're eliminated :lol:

Their whole elimination made me laugh, I really felt like John got what he deserved. Such a shame Jessica actually wanted to play it smart because she seemed like a good and nice competitor :(

Also ew at the fact that Connor cheated off Winnie. Seriously, how did he not get a penalty for it? There's a difference between sharing answers and stealing them off someone else. He cleared looked at her answer when she didn't want him to.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
And stole their first place.

Oval, I haven't watch the episode yet. But I think you are right, John = stupidity at its best.

Not that it matters. CHUCK AND WYNONA SURVIVED <3

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Well that was the best leg in this season, and it was better than any leg last season, so  The Amazing Race might be back on track again.  That's a relief as the previous season really disappointed me.

Felt sorry for the woman who got eliminated, but the guy she was with seemed like a jerk so I guess that's on her.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Their elimination was more of because of the Detour I think. Even if John used his EP immediately at the Roadblock, I think they would have been eliminated anyway.

No? He was clearly at the roadblock at the same time as Chuck. They easily could have used the Express pass and survived. John's ego got in the way... I still can't believe he continued to be a douche and deny Jessica's suggestion of using the express Pass even when they were last.

Even if he wasn't in last, it was clear he didn't recognise the picture, why the hell did he continue going and not use the Express Pass? Remember, a saved express pass doesn't help you later on if you're eliminated :lol:

Their whole elimination made me laugh, I really felt like John got what he deserved. Such a shame Jessica actually wanted to play it smart because she seemed like a good and nice competitor :(

Also ew at the fact that Connor cheated off Winnie. Seriously, how did he not get a penalty for it? There's a difference between sharing answers and stealing them off someone else. He cleared looked at her answer when she didn't want him to.

So what is the differ between stealing a cab and that? No penalty was absolutely right.

A smart team would do anything to win even lie and cheat. Did you remember?!  :lol3:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:41:38 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member

So what is the differ between stealing a cab and that? No penalty was absolutely right.

A smart team would do anything to win even lie and cheat. Did you remember?  :lol3:

At least  he cheated but didn't lie.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member

A smart team would do anything to win even lie and cheat. Did you remember?  :lol3:

At least  he cheated but didn't lie.  :lol3:

Stealing cab slow other team down but what he done doesn't.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:13:43 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The point is that Connor stole an answer for the actual task when Winnie specifically stated beforehand she wasn't willing to show him it. John wasn't able to see the surfboards teams who had previous checked in used - Phil outright denied him. So how is Connor's move any different?

Stealing a cab is fine - it's not the team's property, it's the cab driver's car and it's up to them on who they choose to take. The surfboard was Winnie's answer, she was in possession of it and chose not to share it. It's something that she owned and it was stolen from her, hence Connor and Dave ripped the girls off first place.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
Well that was the best leg in this season, and it was better than any leg last season, so  The Amazing Race might be back on track again.  That's a relief as the previous season really disappointed me.

Really? Well I live in Indonesia but I still prefer legs in Bora-Bora because it's so beautiful there. But Bali is excellent  :wohoo:
and yeah like last season why on earth they went to Surabaya  (:;) (:;) (:;) instead of Bali

Yogyakarta I get it, they're so cultured there, but Surabaya?  :crazy:

It's like the production wanted to have a leg in Jakarta but it was too large of a city with traffics everywhere all the time that they were just like "let's move to the another large city", which is Surabaya.

At least  he cheated but didn't lie.  :lol3:

Stealing cab slow other team down but what he done doesn't.

As soon as John saw Chuck at the RB, he could easily just took a random surfboard, find Jessica, and run to the pit-stop. they will then used the express pass there

John was not in the same place as Jessica doing the RB

only Jessica knew they were last because Wynona told her. Remember that Chuck&Wynona checked in with Mona&Beth, Mona&Beth got 6th, and they may have bumped into Bates&Antohony somewhere or while running back to the RB location. Bates&Anthony never seemed to return so Wynona knew she and Chuck were second to last as soon as JJ arrived

John may assume that they were not last, because he saw Chuck, not knowing that he already checked in once and knew where he stood. and I think Chuck kept John in the dark saying that Bates&Anthony or one other team were still behind so John didn't use the EP and that allowed him and Wynona to check in before JJ decided to utilize their EP

wait...

nah! it's just John's ridiculous principal

(although if Chuck actually did what I thought, HATS OFF!!!!)  :bounce
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
The point is that Connor stole an answer for the actual task when Winnie specifically stated beforehand she wasn't willing to show him it. John wasn't able to see the surfboards teams who had previous checked in used - Phil outright denied him. So how is Connor's move any different?

Stealing a cab is fine - it's not the team's property, it's the cab driver's car and it's up to them on who they choose to take. The surfboard was Winnie's answer, she was in possession of it and chose not to share it. It's something that she owned and it was stolen from her, hence Connor and Dave ripped the girls off first place.

But the surfboards in the pit-stop were already checked in, meaning they were the correct ones. Pam&Winnie hasn't checked in. So assuming  that Phil still didn't know that Winnie's pick was correct or not. Had she picked the wrong one, Connor's would also be wrong. That's why Connor were not penalized and John were not allowed to see the surfboards at the pit stop. Fair enough actually, for me. I don't know though maybe people here have different opinions

I never really liked Dave&Connor in the first place though. I always knew they were one of those "sneaky-let's-try-screw-another-teams" teams.turned out I am right

Don't you worry they'll get BOOTED somewhere, hopefully in Botswana, even better in Vietnam  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Please Bring'em back:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
She should have put her hand over the image so they couldn't see it.

And the Bora Bora leg may have been a nice location, but I need more than that to enjoy this program as it's meant to be a race.  This leg was the best so far as it had race excitement.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Connor <//////////3 cheaters never win, not the entire race. DISLIKE. :lol3:
The issue was not using the Express Pass at the beginning of the ROADBLOCK. It was too late then. However, it should have been used instead of switching to the Sandy bottom DETOUR, as that took unnecessary time. John would certainly have been ahead of Bates/Anthony at that time and maybe also some other teams. There would have been more correct surfboards to find, so he would have done so much earlier and saved his team from elimination.

Why didn't Jessica and John do that? We will have to read the interviews coming out this week to find out.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
Oh good no more Meghan & Cheyne TAR22 version (they're not really like them, they just reminded me of them). I honestly couldn't tell if John was stating that principle of his because he fully believes in it or he's first being positive and then when Jessica told him they were last he started saying things like 'I'm not gonna give up' and not show any frustration and keep forcing a smile all the way to the end. I mean, it's just hard to watch because I do respect them as racers but John, as the one visibly dominating the team's decisions, wasn't being realistic/strategic enough.

Connor lost a bit of respect for me, maybe he wanted to win a bit too much, but maybe that's just the heat of the moment.

I'm just wondering why the preview for next eppy show Mona & Beth and Joey & Meghan as targets.  :(

On the whole, Bora Bora and then Bali? <333
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
But a team was still at the roadblock when they arrived, so they could still have used the EP if they had done so straight away and saved themselves?

Do they have to have each teammate do an equal amount of roadblocks now (which I think is the better rules)?  I suspect not, which means the father and son could survive longer than you might expect.

Also it seemed to me that they were given alot of info as to which detour to choose, but very little information as to what the roadblock entailed.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:04:41 AM by starrynight »

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
But a team was still at the roadblock when they arrived, so they could still have used the EP if they had done so straight away and saved themselves?

maybe Chuck told John something like "Hey John you know Bates&Anthony haven't arrived yet."
LOL That would be so epic should've made the cut had it happened

I adore Chuck&Wynona
but technically, only Jessica knew they were the last two because Wynona told her. And she was not at the same place with John. John didn't know and Chuck did. he screwed him a little telling John there's one team that hasn't arrived to make sure JJ not using the EP until he&Wynona checked in.
Well I didn't think Chuck will do something like that but if he did,  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

When John first went back to Jessica, he did think and say that there's one team behind them (and that was after Chuck&Wynona already checked in). I mean who would've told him that if it wasn't Chuck? The only other teams JJ encountered at the RB was Chuck&Wynona

What JJ should've done was actually Expresspassing the Detour as Jessica wished. They would've gotten 5th place. They would BE with Joey&Meghan in the RB who would most likely help them.

Connor lost a bit of respect for me, maybe he wanted to win a bit too much, but maybe that's just the heat of the moment.

I'm just wondering why the preview for next eppy show Mona & Beth and Joey & Meghan as targets.  :(

I think the alliance is noticed by the other teams...
Or maybe Mona&Beth-Joey&Meghan antagonizing themselves with every other teams ala Nick&Starr-Ken&Tina. They would ONLY help each other, even screw another teams

At least the alliance of Trey&Lexi-Natalie&Nadiya only antagonizing Abby&Ryan LOL

Or maybe Mona&Beth-Joey&Meghan want to use the U-turn but they're not telling on whom. The other teams heard them. So that's why Jennifer said "We just have to get there before Joey&Meghan and RollerDerbies"

Please Bring'em back:

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member

Do they have to have each teammate do an equal amount of roadblocks now (which I think is the better rules)?  I suspect not, which means the father and son could survive longer than you might expect.

Yup they possibly could.
Connor already done 4 RBs. By the time they reached Leg 7, Dave would have to do the rest of the RBs. Unless they're having a Detour-Only-leg somewhere, or another Double-RBs-No-Detour-leg, meaning Connor will be eligible to perform another RB even if he already done 6.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:10:11 AM by BuuYaa »
Please Bring'em back:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
No spoilers on future locations please.

I had no idea what Phil said at the end, but looked it up on the internet.  Apparently most Americans know what it means as I don't see many people asking on the internet.

Offline lmkpickle

• RFF Newbie
Long time reader, New Poster.

So I COMPLETELY agree that Connor was wrong for cheating. I would even say he stole information.  However, last season the twins stole money, a physical thing, from James/Abba, and got no penalty, so if they gave Dave/Connor a penalty, that would make no sense.  Besides, teams look at other teams' work or progress frequently, so that penalty would have to be given out every leg.  I do not think it was fair for them to win the leg by cheating though.  I agree, it knocked them down a bit on my teams I like list.

I also think that switching detours was not a stupid move for John/Jessica.  If they used the express pass without even trying the second detour, it would've been stupid.  However, they DEFINITELY should've used it at the road block, especially once John had a hard time.  After he looked through and said "I don't get this," Chuck and Wynonna were still there, they could've won.  In the end, I was sad for Jess and happy for John to go. John just lost his mind at the end.

As far as Dave/Connor with road blocks...They're screwed.  Do we know when they are eliminated? Because Connor has done almost all of his, and Dave is not going to miraculously recover in the next two legs to be able to complete his six.  So they dug their own grave.

Wonder what will happen with the Double U Turn.  And the wasted express pass.  Maybe it'll just be wasted, but it'd be interesting if they gave it to the next first place team...

Just some thoughts...

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member

So I COMPLETELY agree that Connor was wrong for cheating. I would even say he stole information.  However, last season the twins stole money, a physical thing, from James/Abba, and got no penalty, so if they gave Dave/Connor a penalty, that would make no sense.  Besides, teams look at other teams' work or progress frequently, so that penalty would have to be given out every leg.  I do not think it was fair for them to win the leg by cheating though.  I agree, it knocked them down a bit on my teams I like list.

I also think that switching detours was not a stupid move for John/Jessica.  If they used the express pass without even trying the second detour, it would've been stupid.  However, they DEFINITELY should've used it at the road block, especially once John had a hard time.  After he looked through and said "I don't get this," Chuck and Wynonna were still there, they could've won.  In the end, I was sad for Jess and happy for John to go. John just lost his mind at the end.

As far as Dave/Connor with road blocks...They're screwed.  Do we know when they are eliminated? Because Connor has done almost all of his, and Dave is not going to miraculously recover in the next two legs to be able to complete his six.  So they dug their own grave.

Wonder what will happen with the Double U Turn.  And the wasted express pass.  Maybe it'll just be wasted, but it'd be interesting if they gave it to the next first place team...

Just some thoughts...

Dave&Connor didn't have to be penalized. I wish they were. It's just what they did was really low, regards on the image that they're trying to make to us viewers think on how they survived cancer, they're nice, sweet... meh!

On the Detour, yeah maybe it was good for JJ to switch. But evidently, switching Detours was what put them in Last Place to begin with. Then they got to the RB, which is the MOST CRUCIAL time for them to use the EP.They did see another team but John never really intended using the EP. I don't know why. Could be Chuck lying to John that there's still another team behind, could be the principal of John, I don't know.

If they had used the EP on the Detour, they could do the RB without being so hasty. Joey&Meghan, Chuck&Wynona, Mona&Beth, Anthony&Bates would be all behind them. and Since when JJ decided to switch they have to use a cab to get the other detour, if it were me, I'd just express pass the damn detour and save more money for cabs. I don't know though LOL

In addition, to get to the RB from detour location is actually quite far. 2-3 hours by cab if traffics are good.

Well maybe we would have one of those not so physically challenging RB like eating fallopian tubes in Shanghai or unlocking trees of love or selling stuffs that Dave could do.
But with their 3rd,2nd,1st,1st + CAUTION : Double U-Turn ahead, OMG dude!!!  :gaah:''

It's being proven that for the last  couple legs, every time they encounter the detour, one detour was always not even an option for them.
If same goes for another legs, and they got U-turned,pheeww... I wonder if Dave would still yell out"" YEEHAAAA""

Please Bring'em back:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Teams have taken the opportunity to see what other teams were doing/did in the past, so Connor taking a peek at Winnie's surfboard before Phil checked either team at the mat was not an issue. He still had to check in behind Winnie and Pam, so it did not give him a benefit at that point. And it did not impede any other team still out on the race course. That, to me, made that a non-issue. (This is where the TAR 14 penalty is distinguishable.)

As to John and the EP, the odd thing is that teams did not have a clue giver at the roadblock, they were instructed to take the surfboard to Phil. I note people are assuming that the EP would have to be presented to Phil, but I have to admit it was a bit ambiguous, and I have to wonder if John's thinking in part might have had something to do with that issue.

-- theschnauzers

Offline lmkpickle

• RFF Newbie

Just some thoughts...

Dave&Connor didn't have to be penalized. I wish they were. It's just what they did was really low, regards on the image that they're trying to make to us viewers think on how they survived cancer, they're nice, sweet... meh!

On the Detour, yeah maybe it was good for JJ to switch. But evidently, switching Detours was what put them in Last Place to begin with. Then they got to the RB, which is the MOST CRUCIAL time for them to use the EP.They did see another team but John never really intended using the EP. I don't know why. Could be Chuck lying to John that there's still another team behind, could be the principal of John, I don't know.

If they had used the EP on the Detour, they could do the RB without being so hasty. Joey&Meghan, Chuck&Wynona, Mona&Beth, Anthony&Bates would be all behind them. and Since when JJ decided to switch they have to use a cab to get the other detour, if it were me, I'd just express pass the damn detour and save more money for cabs. I don't know though LOL

In addition, to get to the RB from detour location is actually quite far. 2-3 hours by cab if traffics are good.

Well maybe we would have one of those not so physically challenging RB like eating fallopian tubes in Shanghai or unlocking trees of love or selling stuffs that Dave could do.
But with their 3rd,2nd,1st,1st + CAUTION : Double U-Turn ahead, OMG dude!!!  :gaah:''

It's being proven that for the last  couple legs, every time they encounter the detour, one detour was always not even an option for them.
If same goes for another legs, and they got U-turned,pheeww... I wonder if Dave would still yell out"" YEEHAAAA""

Yeah, I do wish they were able to be penalized.  Or maybe just karma. Like Connor hurt his ankle on the way in. Imagine??!?
And yeah, in hindsight I totally agree that they should've used the EP at the detour.  However, I know myself in that moment, and I would want to go check out the other side.  Keep in mind that they hadn't seen Roller Derby moms at all, so they assumed they were still behind them.  So I totally understand them not passing on the detour in the moment.  I even see them not immediately passing on the road block because they all thought it was surfing, and let's be real, in a surfing challenge, John would've finished in a fraction of the time that they other teams would.  But once he tried once, that was their ideal moment.

In the end, what's done is done. They didn't use it, and I feel bad for Jess.

Hope Dave/Connor go home now. I'm glad people agree that even with their story they were wrong.  They deserve to lose popularity because that was lame.

Unfolding to be an interesting season. Can't wait for next week  :)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Joey has the right surfboard. They're team #5. Mona & Beth have the wrong surfboard. They have to go back. Joey tells Mona which surfboard it is. :hrt:

Pit stop:
1st - Dave & Connor
2nd - Pam & Winnie
3rd - Max & Katie
4th - Caroline & Jennifer
5th - Joey & Meghan

Interesting that many are upset that Connor "stole" a peek of the surfboard logo while Joey told Mona the correct information. In front of Phil no less.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Exactly my thought. What Connor did was NOT wrong , people.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Teams have taken the opportunity to see what other teams were doing/did in the past, so Connor taking a peek at Winnie's surfboard before Phil checked either team at the mat was not an issue. He still had to check in behind Winnie and Pam, so it did not give him a benefit at that point. And it did not impede any other team still out on the race course. That, to me, made that a non-issue. (This is where the TAR 14 penalty is distinguishable.)

As to John and the EP, the odd thing is that teams did not have a clue giver at the roadblock, they were instructed to take the surfboard to Phil. I note people are assuming that the EP would have to be presented to Phil, but I have to admit it was a bit ambiguous, and I have to wonder if John's thinking in part might have had something to do with that issue.

I guess there was someone at the surf boards they could have given the express pass to, or they could have given it to Phil.  I'm sure they would have been advised who they should give it to had they said they wanted to use it.

I didn't have much of an issue with Connor, I suspect most don't.  However there is a limit to peeking, I'm pretty sure it isn't allowed on the final memory task.  But here when things are out in the open and people have to protect the information they have then they had best do that. 

laimis

Well Joey share it with Mona because he wanted to and there is no rule against it, but Connor just peeked for himself to Winnie's board, when she didn't want to. So Connor was defenetly not nice at this point ;)