Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 4 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 28718 times)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
John couldn't recognize the surfboard... He goes back to Jessica. Jessica knows they're last. John decides to keep going. He has a night light on.

Phil rejects him. Jessica is bummed that they had an EP that they didn't use. John doesn't think the EP will benefit him. It's been 1 hour 15 minutes... John picks the right surfboard. They've been eliminated. They're the first team ever to be eliminated with the EP. John doesn't think he should look back and think about it with regret... YOU HAD AN EP THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE USED TO NOT BE ELIMINATED. HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM ABOUT IT. Jessica thinks they should have used the EP, lol.

Phil looks at the camera... and says something while shrugging? Confused music going on. I'm confused. :lol3:

Pit stop:
1st - Dave & Connor
2nd - Pam & Winnie
3rd - Max & Katie
4th - Caroline & Jennifer
5th - Joey & Meghan
6th - Mona & Beth
7th - Bates & Anthony
8th - Chuck & Wynona
9th - Jessica & John (ELIMINATED)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
John is so stubborn, holy moly.

Online Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
 :lol3: :lol3: This episode is just what-in-the-world-is-going-on!

:lol3: :lol3: at Phil's comment.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The first team ever to be eliminated with an Express Pass in its pocket.

John: "I don't need a million dollars." Good, give it to me.

Oy vey is right, Phil.
Just here to visit.

MrDeerShank

Oh my god @ new look Double U-Turn <3

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Will Dave & Connor's improbable streak continue? Dave thinks that they could win the race.

DOUBLE U-TURN! Seems like there's some dramaaa.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
And the Good Wife begins...

Overall, this episode felt lackluster in my opinion.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Back at the detour... Jessica says to switch. John tells her to slow down, or something like that. They switch detours. John says he's not thinking about the EP right now... He's thinking about slow and steady lol.

LOL think twice.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Will Dave & Connor's improbable streak continue? Dave thinks that they could win the race.

DOUBLE U-TURN! Seems like there's some dramaaa.
Well, obviously Dave & Connor reached the next Pit Stop from the preview... :)
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline sapphirepit

• RFF Jr. Member
John clearly had some kind of mental breakdown on this leg.

Not upset they were eliminated though. Wonder what'll happen to their relationship though. Wish we still had elimination station!!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
:lol3: :lol3: at Phil's comment.

Phil is quite amazed as how John made as if nothing bad happened to them.

NoluckBoston

I loved this episode. One of the best.

Man that John looked real crazy at the end. It does look like he has a problem with admitting he was wrong.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Idk about this episode..

Maybe because the leg was completely spoiled so there wasn't much suspense to it :LOL:

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
John, are you sick? Why you not use your express pass?
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Interesting episode, and I do think some teams were affected in Bali from the pair of long connections out of Bora Bora to Bali with the quick intermediate leg in New Zealand.

At least a few of the teams did recognize the priest from Bora Bora on the surfboards without help, so all hope isn't lost; but that is where the KF comes into play so early in this Race.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
What an episode. Foreshadowing throughout with the XP comment in the cab in New Zealand, to the "We're both detail oriented" comments. This year the men in the two couples are way too analytical of everything, and the girls end up being right on everything with little to no thinking  :lol3: I just can't believe they didn't use the express pass. She said it twice at the fruit detour, once on the way to the coal detour, once at the coal detour, and once at the roadblock, and he still didn't listen. Stubborn as hell!
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
Luckily, this season there is no Double Your Money. You'll know why.
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
What an episode. Foreshadowing throughout with the XP comment in the cab in New Zealand, to the "We're both detail oriented" comments. This year the men in the two couples are way too analytical of everything, and the girls end up being right on everything with little to no thinking  :lol3: I just can't believe they didn't use the express pass. She said it twice at the fruit detour, once on the way to the coal detour, once at the coal detour, and once at the roadblock, and he still didn't listen. Stubborn as hell!

Wasn't it John at the Detour who wanted to use the Pass?

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
I don't think so I just remember Jess insisting on it all episode.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
well i'm not shocked at all. i knew John was the last person at he roadblock, but what's wrong with you John??? Dumbest move ever, eliminated with an Express Pass. it's just like voted off on Survivor with an idol in your pocket. I feel bad for Jessica. Are they still together now?  :bounce

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
Probably. They never fought, although they argued about the XP but they weren't vicious about it or anything. i'd be surprised to find out if they broke up.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
In their team intro, they said they were planning on getting married, but haven't been engaged yet.

I also find it ironic that in their intro picture they were standing next to surfboards. :lol3:

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
In their team intro, they said they were planning on getting married, but haven't been engaged yet.

I also find it ironic that in their intro picture they were standing next to surfboards. :lol3:
its really because they're surfers, but I guarantee that production wanted an emphasis on that  :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Their elimination was more of because of the Detour I think. Even if John used his EP immediately at the Roadblock, I think they would have been eliminated anyway.

Connor <//////////3 cheaters never win, not the entire race. DISLIKE. :lol3:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
For one instante, I thought they would do the same as Davechel in Asunción.   Fail attempting to perform one Detour and skip the other one with the EP.   :groan:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez