Author Topic: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"  (Read 66925 times)

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2013, 03:08:32 PM »
J/M made it to the detour, one of the guys I was talking to was talking to said that there were two really annoying people, male/female so that accounts for them. He also said one of the girls got hit in the face with a melon, but whether that was him taking the piss or not I don't know.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2013, 03:10:01 PM »
J/M made it to the detour, one of the guys I was talking to was talking to said that there were two really annoying people, male/female so that accounts for them. He also said one of the girls got hit in the face with a melon, but whether that was him taking the piss or not I don't know.

Maybe he's watched TAR17? :lol:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2013, 03:19:21 PM »
A melon? Where do we have that...?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2013, 05:26:53 PM »

(That "clue" in the Speed Bump is killing my predictions)

What clue in the speedbump? ???

Max already has a clue in his hand.

I am not clear on what you mean, can you show me please?

I'm fairy certain they're referring to this cap where the speedbump clue is clearly visible. Is it possible that it's just an extra clue? Do they normally put an extra one with speedbumps like they do in the regular clue boxes?

Teams of course get a clue, it gives them their instructions for the SpeedBump.

Here is another SB for comparison:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bsuerr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2013, 05:27:45 PM »
Hey guys first post but long time reader and felt the need to put my opinion on here... J/M M/B do look wayy to happy to be in last so I think that they made it to the RB first/second.. but I re watched the episode where M/K get there speed bump and it doesn't have 2 clues just one...  :gaah:  I'm not sure maybe they put two because Scotland is less isolated than a desert in Africa... this preview has given a ton away but  :gaah: again hahaha can't wait for sunday!! But also a question do you know if they restrict competitiors to tweet/instagram until the race is over even if they are eliminated? Many don't have a twitter but Joeys first tweet and instagram was late at night on dec 7 in the gray shirt he wears a lot on the show... and his first vlog (youtube video) wasn't put up until dec 9 meaning he filmed it at home on the 8th (there is a day delay between filming and uploading due to the editing process) and if we look at the timeline for this race the last leg was filmed dec 7th. (He had people put up pre-filmed vids on his channel and tweet things so his absence wouldn't be obvious)  Unless they have a restriction not to tweet until after the whole show is filmed we may have just missed J/M in DC.  :groan: so much speculation haha we will just have to see but I can't wait.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »
:welcome: to RFF bsuerr!

As far as I know, teams just cannot tweet during the race.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2013, 05:32:59 PM »
I am still not getting this...where are you all seeing TWO clues?

Or are you just spec'ing that someone should have gotten their's already??

If so, my advice would be to use the FACT that there is ONE SpeedBump clue and then re-evaluate your assumptions!! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2013, 05:35:13 PM »
Peach, I think everyone's assumptions of the two "Speed Bump" clues are coming from the fact that Mona & Beth / Joey & Meghan were supposedly ahead of those like Max & Katie and Bates & Anthony.. who were shown in the location of the Speed Bump sign with a Speed Bump clue still in the little box-thing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2013, 05:38:03 PM »
Thanks.Then my rec stands. If the clue is there, then Mona/Beth have not yet done the task, right?

So that means.....      :crazy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline bsuerr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2013, 05:39:28 PM »

If so, my advice would be to use the FACT that there is ONE SpeedBump clue and then re-evaluate your assumptions!! :tup:
No i wasn't seeing two clues I only see one i went back to check and see if they put two clues for speed bumps (on the ep where maxie got speedbumped) but they didn't. I was just thinking why would they give this much away in a commercial so maybe they placed two on the speedbump and B/M had already gotten one of them leaving the other... but I have no idea it's just a guess haha. And about the tweeting I mean after they are eliminated but before the race is over... like say J/M got eliminated in the beginning could they tweet when they got home even though the race was still going for the racers still in it or do they have to wait until all filming is done? (This sounds really complicated sorry)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »
Here is a question?

In previous legs with both a SpeedBump and a U-Turn...did the SpeedBump always come first? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2013, 05:41:42 PM »
No!

Nary and Jaime did it after the Double U-Turn.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2013, 05:42:53 PM »
And about the tweeting I mean after they are eliminated but before the race is over... like say J/M got eliminated in the beginning could they tweet when they got home even though the race was still going for the racers still in it or do they have to wait until all filming is done? (This sounds really complicated sorry)

I see now (and my previous comment was NOT addressed to you :kuss: )

Racers who get elim'd do not go home until the race is over, they are sequestered. And no, no contact with family/friends allowed by any means.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:55:48 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline bsuerr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »
And about the tweeting I mean after they are eliminated but before the race is over... like say J/M got eliminated in the beginning could they tweet when they got home even though the race was still going for the racers still in it or do they have to wait until all filming is done? (This sounds really complicated sorry)

I see now (and my previous comment was NOT addressed to you :kuss )

Racers who get elim'd do not go home until the race is over, they are sequestered. And no, no contact with family/friends allowed by any means.
Okay so that throws that theory out the window  :lol3: the two teams we see passing the SB are Maxie and Hockeys (the two we think are UT most) so maybe this leg had a really strange order or something and B/M hadn't gotten to the SB yet but were still in front of the UT teams? All very confusing but J/M B/M never look stressed in the clips so it would be strange to think they are behind. Can't wait for this ep have to go study for a chem test now lol  :groan: but glad to be able to comment now thank you for answering my questions!

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2013, 06:02:22 PM »
Here's my thinking:

Arrive at airport > travel to city centre to get clue to go to Gosford House
Road block at Gosford House > travel to Craigmillar Castle for next clue
Speed bump at gate > bowling at Sheep Heid Inn > Pick up next clue at Craigmillar Castle
Detour and U-turn at Sheep Heid Inn > Pit-stop Dr Neil's Garden - Interviews in Duddingston Kirk

We know the road block is the piping task, we know the detour/speed bump is at the sheep heid inn, we don't really know where they get the cars from, but considering they are building a tramway from the airport right into the city centre it would be madness to get them to drive into the city for a clue (I've been living here for almost a year now and have to drive all over the city and it's a mess anywhere near the tramway route) and in cap 52 of the first promo the roller girls are running through a car park that has distinctive yellow no parking cones in the background and the hockey boys are running down the Royal Mile, which I think they are running towards the cars, in pics 17-19 and 30-31 it looks to be interviews given after the pitstop in a stone building, the only place that it could be, unless they drive somewhere else is the Kirk.

Offline Stylemikro

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »

I am just struggling with the fact that M/B and J/M are too happy in the pictures. Well, we know that producers like to confuse us. So, we have images of J/M arriving to the castle with Sun, and then we have the hockey brothers and Max and Katie running towards the SB with already no Sun in the air...this is really confusing for me to assemble a whole theory. Too much variables :P Have to wait until Sunday to figure it out.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2013, 06:07:45 PM »
Holy moly where y'all came from?

Welcome to RFF , guys!

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »

I am just struggling with the fact that M/B and J/M are too happy in the pictures. Well, we know that producers like to confuse us. So, we have images of J/M arriving to the castle with Sun, and then we have the hockey brothers and Max and Katie running towards the SB with already no Sun in the air...this is really confusing for me to assemble a whole theory. Too much variables :P Have to wait until Sunday to figure it out.

If you have a look at this photo set the guy took photo's from about 12pm through to about 5pm so it'll give you a better idea of the light through the afternoon on the day.

As for M/B and J/M looking so happy, it may be that they are laughing at the attempts of their partners trying to play the bagpipes, bearing in mind that there are only two of them shown.

Offline Stylemikro

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2013, 06:24:14 PM »

If you have a look at this photo set the guy took photo's from about 12pm through to about 5pm so it'll give you a better idea of the light through the afternoon on the day.

As for M/B and J/M looking so happy, it may be that they are laughing at the attempts of their partners trying to play the bagpipes, bearing in mind that there are only two of them shown.

Yeah, you are possibly right. :)

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »

Yeah, you are possibly right. :)

Also J/M are running at the house NOT the castle (really don't understand why they labelled the house as the castle in the promo's).

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2013, 06:42:37 PM »
I hate the U-Turn and Pitstop back-to-back thing. U-Turned teams have no chance to recover. <////////////333

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2013, 07:11:54 PM »
I just hate the U-turn, period.
Matthew 7:15

Offline NickNaTaw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2013, 07:39:07 PM »
This is how I think the episode will go.
Flight to Scotland>Some sort of equalizer>Speedbump>Detours>U-turn board>Roadblock>Pitstop

In Botswana, Max/Katie's speedbump was the very first task they had to do. If that's the case for Mona/Beth, maybe they get there and have to do the speedbump first whilst the other teams go to the detours. I think the U-turns could be right after the detours like in past seasons. From here, I think few different scenarios could play out.

The first: Joey/Meghan finish the detour first and U-turn Bates/Anthony, the second team to finish is Carol/Jen and they U-turn Max/Katie. This would put J/M, C/J, and rollerderby (depending on when they finish the detour/speedbump) at the roadblock close to the same time.
The second: Max/Katie are the first team out of the detour and U-turn Joey/Meghan or Mona/Beth. Whoever the second team is would U-turn the one Max/Katie didn't.
The third: Max/Katie are the first team out and FINALLY realize the threat of the hockey bros and U-turn them. But this is extremely unlikely. haha

Basically, I think the first and second scenario are both very possible. And I strongly believe that Max/Katie get U-turned solely based on the promos and how he said "I'm not shedding any tears". Why else would Max say that?

As for the spoiled Joey/Meghan elimination. It could be that both U-turned teams surpass J/M (granted they don't get U-turned themselves) at the roadblock due to Meghan not being able to play the bagpipe.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2013, 08:46:30 PM »
Here is what I think:

He might have also said it : I'm not shedding any tears over UTURNING so & so.
I think it could go either way?

I like how you are thinking things through.

But... spoiled Joey/Meghan elimination?? Hmmmm. ???

And for all our new RFFers:
:2cents:
There is a LOT of speculation around here that could be less than accurate...so reader beware. 

My quote of the day seems to be:

oh please. Doesn't anyone around here READ THE SPOILERS??  :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ruadhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »
The only situation that seems to make sense to me is all teams arriving at the same time, bates/anthony and maxie arrive at detour clue before beth and mona but somehow in the detour joey and meghan finish first ( maybe they arrived quite high up at detour clue as well) and then they uturn bates and anthony cos their alliance with beth/mona cos beth/mona were slightly annoyed at them from last leg. Then  Bates/anthony uturn maxie maybe and this leaves beth/mona, youtube and maybe blondes at the roadblock. I would say the three girls struggle at the roadblock and so the uturned teams catch up and blondes or youtube end up last... so confusing..