Author Topic: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"  (Read 66899 times)

Offline Stylemikro

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 07:04:54 AM »
From what I see in the pictures, I think all teams will have an equalizer somewhere else and the "3 hours" that J/M and M/B have on the preview won't mean what they are supposed to mean. If this was recorded in November-December, Scotland is a Northern Hemisphere country and I think daylight only exists until 5:30-6:00 pm at most. And I am not seeing that happening in the images (or else it is a pretty quick race), its seems that everyone will be on the same plane or in planes that land really lose to each other. Having said that, unless they spend the night in some place, I believe that teams will be all in the same air flight. So, I think we are again somehow "blind" in who is u-turning who. Well, maybe we have a clue that Max and Katie got U-turned, due to the "tears speaking by Max" (or they are just as lost). This leg will really define if the further spoils are correct or not, it seems the biggest gap to understand the full picture.

Stylenko,
You will be very surprised to learn that due to the "high northern latitude" effect and exacerbated by the fact that it is at the eastern end of the GMT time zone, Edinburgh sunset for Dec. 3 was 342pm.

Thanks for the info, only proves that those 3 hours means nothing. They will be equalized. (I live in Portugal, with is a little bit to the southwest of scotland, was using my time :/ But thanks :) )

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 10:32:41 AM »
THE FINAL FIVE TEAMS RACE THROUGH SCOTLAND WHERE THEY ENCOUNTER A DOUBLE U-TURN, PUTTING TWO TEAMS IN JEOPARDY OF ELIMINATION, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, APRIL 28

“Working Our Barrels Off” – With a chance to compete in the finale on the line, the final five teams race through Scotland, where they encounter a double U-turn that puts two teams in jeopardy of elimination, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

Offline ruadhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 10:51:07 AM »
Had we decided that the roadblock at Gosford House is likely the last task before the pitstop?? Because we see clearly roller derby and youtube are there together (and possibly the blondes as well though that could just be editing),  which would make it seem like either both of them were uturned or neither of them were. Or possibly one of them was and the other was just having a bad leg.

But also considering the speed bump clue is visible in pics as well, it seems like max and katie and the hockey players are ahead of the moms earlier in the leg so it seems possible to me that joey and meghan and mona/beth are the ones uturned...

But then again youtube and roller derby dont seem ridiculously worried waiting at the roadblock so I dunno maybe somehow youtube was ahead and managed to uturn hockey players who in turn got max and katie.... Anway its all sooo confusing until we get more details.. :umn:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »
Two details about the pic number 7:

First, it's clear that Max has a Detour clue in his hand (and Katie the instructions):

What infers that the SB is before the Detour.

And the second... surprise! Look in the background of the pic:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
They spent the whole day in the Sheep Heid (pronunciation heed) Inn, where they did the Haggis stuffing as well as barrel rolling and the skittles (pics to come).

They were there until 7-8pm at night waiting for teams to arrive, so expect a few teams to be checking in late.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »
Yes, it seems as if the very first clue after the possible bunch is the RB, teams are seen quite fresher and not even worried about being last, it seems. I would say all the teams start performing the RB at the same time, early morning??

And, about the Speed Bump thing. There is still a clue when Hockeys get there. Has there ever been more than one clue in the Speed Bump sign in case they lose it or something?? That could be something to determine the placings up in that point.

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 02:58:55 PM »
Photos from Duddingston:

The Bank Hotel

Through one of the gates at the top of the lane

Two barrels that they may have had to roll/carry

View from the top of the lane

The Skittle Alley in The Sheep Heid Inn

Where they made Haggis, this is actually part of the main bar.

The garden at the top of the lane, where I think the hockey players are entering in 34-38.

The view of the Sheep Heid Inn from the lane (33)

A clear part of the Community Garden at the top of the lane

Not having access to the images I couldn't get proper angles for comparison, and I'm not convinced if they went through the gate at the top or at the left, but there was a sign saying the gate to the left was a private garden, so pretty sure that it was the top gate.

Also the LMA is no longer there, and the distance from Duddingston to Craigmillar Castle is 1 mile according to the road sign at Duddingston.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:11:00 PM by Mattjimf »

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 03:06:58 PM »
 :gj:  with the pics, Mattjimf!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 03:15:35 PM »
Oh thank you, Matt!! These are wonderful!! Fabulous job!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 07:36:52 PM »

What is in the background? I can't see things clearly.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline NickNaTaw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2013, 07:41:47 PM »
Two details about the pic number 7:

First, it's clear that Max has a Detour clue in his hand (and Katie the instructions):

What infers that the SB is before the Detour.

I'm confused as to who is in the background. Mona and Beth?

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »
We can only see her back, cause is leaving the place. If you check on cap 6, you can see it's closer to the gate:

Offline qola

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2013, 09:00:01 PM »
I strongly believe Max & Katie are one of the teams U-turned. Max looks really upset in the preview where he says "I'm not shedding any tears". They're probably driving back to the detour after seeing they were U-turned at this point. All the tasks seem close together and I don't think it would be very hard to navigate Scotland, so I don't think it's because their lost. Plus we see them at the speed bump at the same time as Mona/Beth.

Joey & Meghan appear to be one of the later teams (or second) to get to the RB/detour since we can see them getting out of their car in #20, and there's already another team parked.

Mona & Beth also don't seem that far behind by looking at the above pictures. The speed bump is at most going to be a 20min diversion. I feel like there's been so much foreshadowing (especially at the end of last week's episode) for them to U-turn the hockey players. I think the two teams that end up getting U-turned are Max/Katie & Bates/Anthony.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2013, 09:29:15 PM »
Welcome to RFF!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline NickNaTaw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »
We can only see her back, cause is leaving the place. If you check on cap 6, you can see it's closer to the gate:

So could this mean that M/B finished their speedbump before Max and Katie got to the detour?

MrDeerShank

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2013, 12:53:31 AM »

So could this mean that M/B finished their speedbump before Max and Katie got to the detour?

You can see the Speed Bump clue in the sign still so no

Offline NickNaTaw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2013, 01:14:44 AM »
I strongly believe Max & Katie are one of the teams U-turned. Max looks really upset in the preview where he says "I'm not shedding any tears". They're probably driving back to the detour after seeing they were U-turned at this point. All the tasks seem close together and I don't think it would be very hard to navigate Scotland, so I don't think it's because their lost. Plus we see them at the speed bump at the same time as Mona/Beth.

Joey & Meghan appear to be one of the later teams (or second) to get to the RB/detour since we can see them getting out of their car in #20, and there's already another team parked.

Mona & Beth also don't seem that far behind by looking at the above pictures. The speed bump is at most going to be a 20min diversion. I feel like there's been so much foreshadowing (especially at the end of last week's episode) for them to U-turn the hockey players. I think the two teams that end up getting U-turned are Max/Katie & Bates/Anthony.

I think you're spot on. When you compare both promos, we can tell that Joey/Meghan, Beth/Mona, and Carol/Jen (speculation) are at the roadblock with the bagpipes at the same time in the 2nd promo. In the first promo, they show Max and Bates playing the bagpipes. I don't want to jump to any hasty conclusions, but I too think Maxie and the hockey team are U-turned. If this is true, we can assume the hockey brothers are sent home (as long as the sightings of Maxie in DC are still true).  Plus, the editors have foreshadowed this U-turn for the hockey brothers for a couple of episodes now. The waiting is going to be torture for this episode!  :tantrum

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2013, 01:31:58 AM »
I would suggest that everyone go back and re-read the LIVE sightings. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2013, 05:18:37 AM »

Best advice heard all year! Don't think the timing of the teams seen at the RB is enough to conclude their surviving placement, but we'll see.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2013, 05:58:04 AM »
I think that figure in the background in the Speed Bump gate pic is not a racer. They would be running, most possibly. Maybe some camera, shooting their exit or even a shepherd. lol

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2013, 11:13:04 AM »
Bear in mind that while the pub was closed all day when filming took place, the Castle was still open to the public (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186525-d213425-r147142721-Craigmillar_Castle-Edinburgh_Scotland.html), so it is entirely possible that the figure is just a normal punter arriving/leaving the Castle.

Offline doedoe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2013, 11:49:49 AM »

Where is the post of Live Sightings?  Maybe I am being blonde but I can't find them?

ok found them....daaaaaa

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2013, 12:47:27 PM »

I think you're spot on. When you compare both promos, we can tell that Joey/Meghan, Beth/Mona, and Carol/Jen (speculation) are at the roadblock with the bagpipes at the same time in the 2nd promo. In the first promo, they show Max and Bates playing the bagpipes. I don't want to jump to any hasty conclusions, but I too think Maxie and the hockey team are U-turned. If this is true, we can assume the hockey brothers are sent home (as long as the sightings of Maxie in DC are still true).  Plus, the editors have foreshadowed this U-turn for the hockey brothers for a couple of episodes now. The waiting is going to be torture for this episode!  :tantrum

uumm... actually both Max&Katie and Bates&Anthony were spotted in DC so...   :crazy:
we don't know though whether they were both decoys or just one of'em was or even they were both actually racing as final three

Unless the promo isn't misleading, then probably Max&Katie and Anthony&Bates were in fact, U-TURNED. When we see Anthony&Bates got their DT clue, Mona&Beth's speed bump clue were actually still there. So we know that they were ahead of Mona&Beth. Isn't it more logical for them to  U-TURN Mona&Beth instead of Max&Katie. Mona and Beth already had a speed bump to begin with.

Well unless Mona&Beth somehow passed'em at either DT, then I guess It makes sense to U-TURN another team.
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »
-
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:03:51 PM by BuuYaa »
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2013, 01:23:39 PM »
We had 14 RB in last season, with the first and last leg with double RBs (ping-pong/fallopian tubes and houdini escape/memory task); what means a 7-7 count for the F3 teams. We probably will have the same scheme this season.