Author Topic: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"  (Read 66750 times)

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 03:36:02 PM »

Speed bump  :wohoo:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »
<a href="http://youtube.com/v/PSH0eRKq1lE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/PSH0eRKq1lE</a>

Pretty certain Scotland the Brave is the bagpipe tune in at least the preview, although I'm not sure about the show preview - whether this will hold any significance later remains to be seen

Also, haggis is a Scottish delicacy which involves wrapping potato, meat, onions and other spices/ingredients in a sheep's stomach (which is what teams are stuffing all those ingredients into) - its usually eaten as a New Years' thing but can be eaten at any time of the year, and it's also incredibly unhealthy!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 03:56:02 PM »
Mona and Beth receive their Speed Bump clue at Craigmillar Castle:

All other teams receive what looks to be a Detour clue (?) at that point

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 04:07:54 PM »
I think the barrels thing may be connected to the Living Memory Association (LMA) which has a project about Brewing and drinking - http://www.livingmemory.org.uk/heres_tae_us.html

The map below shows where the LMA is in relation to the Sheeps Heid Inn:

Given the direction they are going I think they may be heading up this lane:

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 04:17:29 PM »
<a href="http://youtube.com/v/PSH0eRKq1lE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/PSH0eRKq1lE</a>

Pretty certain Scotland the Brave is the bagpipe tune in at least the preview, although I'm not sure about the show preview - whether this will hold any significance later remains to be seen

Also, haggis is a Scottish delicacy which involves wrapping potato, meat, onions and other spices/ingredients in a sheep's stomach (which is what teams are stuffing all those ingredients into) - its usually eaten as a New Years' thing but can be eaten at any time of the year, and it's also incredibly unhealthy!

Scotland the Brave is the official anthem of Scotland, by the sounds of the preview they are playing the Sky Boat Song on the bagpipes in the big HOUSE (not CASTLE!!!):
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i05k9p_MMBg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i05k9p_MMBg</a>

MrDeerShank

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 04:22:30 PM »
Okay I'm gonna speculate (which isn't good on a spoiling thread I know) but I think the haggis making could be in The Sheep Heid Inn too, to conform with keeping the Detours close together with the impending Double U-Turn (I can't find a decent picture of the inn's kitchen :()

So with that....

RI (Car Pick-Up) - The Royal Mile (a live sighting stated that there was some sort of clue tag there)/Airport
Speed Bump/DT Decision Point (?) - Craigmillar Castle
DT (?) - Barrels (Streets of Duddingston to LMA (?)) or Haggis (The Sheep Heid Inn Kitchen (?))
Speed Bump - The Sheep Heid Inn
U-Turn - Duddingston Kirk (similar situation with the pub kitchen) (?)
RB - Gosford House
Pit Stop - ?/Gosford House (entirely possible)

Just summarising all locations so far :)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 04:33:24 PM »
I don't think the Speed Bump is in the same place as a Detour choice. Speed Bumps are (almost) always in the same exact point where the sign is.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »
I don't think the Speed Bump is in the same place as a Detour choice. Speed Bumps are (almost) always in the same exact point where the sign is.

But that can't be true since the Speed Bump sign is at Craigmillar Castle whereas the actual Speed Bump is at The Sheep Heid Inn :/

MrDeerShank

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 04:42:01 PM »
Map from Craigmillar Castle (A) to The Sheep Heid Inn (B)

1.4 mi, 4 mins

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 04:43:52 PM »

But that can't be true since the Speed Bump sign is at Craigmillar Castle whereas the actual Speed Bump is at The Sheep Heid Inn :/

I must have missed the caps of the Speed Bump task itself. Sry.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 05:09:53 PM »
Y'all are doing awesome! I'll get you a friendly vid and some caps later on tonight!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 05:17:32 PM »
Already working on  it.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »
Caps from the promo:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 05:44:40 PM »
More caps.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:49:30 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 05:45:22 PM »
And more caps!

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:54:25 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 05:46:13 PM »
Last group of caps.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:58:44 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 07:44:50 PM »
OMG BOWLING SPEED BUMB? <3333
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline ruadhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 08:03:15 PM »
In caps 6/7 with max and katie and cap 10 with hockey players, it looks like a clue is still attached to the speed bump sign!! Does this mean Beth/Mona are at best behind both of them at that point? Would mean that they didnt actually get a lead with team youtube and most likely means these 2 are fighting for bottom maybe???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 08:09:01 PM »
Thanks for the caps!! Video is up in post 2!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 08:11:34 PM »
Another self-driving leg! :hearts:

Offline MichaelFarrell

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 08:41:51 PM »
I'm confused on the U-Turn situation with Joey and Meghan. It was a blind U-Turn in Hanoi but they did use it. Do they get to U-Turn another team if they are given the option?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 08:55:57 PM »
Discussed several places in the thread, but yes, according to former racers, blind U-Turns apparently don't count.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 02:11:42 AM »
In pic 52 the Hockey Players are on the Royal Mile by Bank Hotel:

Offline Stylemikro

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 06:04:39 AM »
From what I see in the pictures, I think all teams will have an equalizer somewhere else and the "3 hours" that J/M and M/B have on the preview won't mean what they are supposed to mean. If this was recorded in November-December, Scotland is a Northern Hemisphere country and I think daylight only exists until 5:30-6:00 pm at most. And I am not seeing that happening in the images (or else it is a pretty quick race), its seems that everyone will be on the same plane or in planes that land really lose to each other. Having said that, unless they spend the night in some place, I believe that teams will be all in the same air flight. So, I think we are again somehow "blind" in who is u-turning who. Well, maybe we have a clue that Max and Katie got U-turned, due to the "tears speaking by Max" (or they are just as lost). This leg will really define if the further spoils are correct or not, it seems the biggest gap to understand the full picture.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 06:10:21 AM »
From what I see in the pictures, I think all teams will have an equalizer somewhere else and the "3 hours" that J/M and M/B have on the preview won't mean what they are supposed to mean. If this was recorded in November-December, Scotland is a Northern Hemisphere country and I think daylight only exists until 5:30-6:00 pm at most. And I am not seeing that happening in the images (or else it is a pretty quick race), its seems that everyone will be on the same plane or in planes that land really lose to each other. Having said that, unless they spend the night in some place, I believe that teams will be all in the same air flight. So, I think we are again somehow "blind" in who is u-turning who. Well, maybe we have a clue that Max and Katie got U-turned, due to the "tears speaking by Max" (or they are just as lost). This leg will really define if the further spoils are correct or not, it seems the biggest gap to understand the full picture.

Stylenko,
You will be very surprised to learn that due to the "high northern latitude" effect and exacerbated by the fact that it is at the eastern end of the GMT time zone, Edinburgh sunset for Dec. 3 was 342pm.