Archive > The Amazing Race 22

TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"

<< < (40/40)

DrRox:
What did they need money for on that leg? All transportation was provided. And meals too!!!!

I recently saw Craig Ferguson on Tonight Show. As one would think, Jay Leno bought up haggis. Ferguson got a smile on his face and started on describing it. He said it was really now a holiday dish. Christmas or New Years, I dont remember which. He pretty much described what we saw on the episode. At the end, he said that haggis was one of the most popular foods in America too. The look on Leno's face was priceless. Ferguson said we didnt call it haggis though. Leno asked what it was called in America.

Ferguson smiled and just said.................HOT DOGS

Plaidmoon:
It did occur to me after I posted the above that there was really nothing that they needed to spend money on that leg except maybe some food or drink at the airport while they waited. I imagine a meal was provided before they left Berlin so they probably didn't even need that. At this point, the teams should have a stash of money saved up past legs for a few snacks or other necessities, except for maybe Caroline/Jennifer and Max/Katie since they had to pay traffic fines.

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: DrRox on May 01, 2013, 02:36:56 AM ---What did they need money for on that leg? All transportation was provided. And meals too!!!!

--- End quote ---

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/asia/travel-tips-and-articles/76028

Mattjimf:

--- Quote from: DrRox on May 01, 2013, 02:36:56 AM ---What did they need money for on that leg? All transportation was provided. And meals too!!!!

I recently saw Craig Ferguson on Tonight Show. As one would think, Jay Leno bought up haggis. Ferguson got a smile on his face and started on describing it. He said it was really now a holiday dish. Christmas or New Years, I dont remember which. He pretty much described what we saw on the episode. At the end, he said that haggis was one of the most popular foods in America too. The look on Leno's face was priceless. Ferguson said we didnt call it haggis though. Leno asked what it was called in America.

Ferguson smiled and just said.................HOT DOGS

--- End quote ---
Haggis is typically eaten on the 25th of January, or Burns Night. If you have a look online, you will probably find a Burns supper being held near you round the 25th of January, I would reconmend going as you'll get the full Scottish experience of Haggis, neeps (turnip) and tatties (potatoes) in a whisky sauce, whisky to drink and all the fun of a ceilidh, plus you'll get to hear and see the address to the haggis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version