Author Topic: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"  (Read 66758 times)

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2013, 02:27:36 PM »
It's possible but the way in which the route is laid out, they'd be going back on themselves to get to Duddingston :/
It would be possible to loop round without going back on yourself to get from Gosford House to Craigmillar.
Also they were in the pub with contestants until 8pm, which is why I think the pits top is in Duddingston kirk.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2013, 02:31:19 PM »
It's possible but the way in which the route is laid out, they'd be going back on themselves to get to Duddingston :/
It would be possible to loop round without going back on yourself to get from Gosford House to Craigmillar.
Also they were in the pub with contestants until 8pm, which is why I think the pits top is in Duddingston kirk.

Could it be that the U-Turn is inside Duddingston Kirk and the Pit Stop is in some sort of underground section of the graveyard?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2013, 02:40:14 PM »

Great observation, and if that is correct, then "happy face Pitstop run" would be run to RB instead, right?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »

Great observation, and if that is correct, then "happy face Pitstop run" would be run to RB instead, right?

Yup! :tup: Could that also follow suit with the whole, "grand entrance to Scotland," stuff as well?

MrDeerShank

« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »
FINALLY! I believe that this is above our Double U-Turn Board:

This is The Shepherd's Cross, located inside Duddingston Kirk!

Using for a comparison:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2013, 06:15:21 PM »
FINALLY! I believe that this is above our Double U-Turn Board:

This is The Shepherd's Cross, located inside Duddingston Kirk!

Using for a comparison:

You really need that TAR Detectives by now. :D

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »
Match. :tup:

Offline briangwen7

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I Love The Amazing Race!!!!
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »
Wow! Lol I'm excited for tonight's episode. I'll be sad if Joey is Eliminated. 
 :gaah:

Future Amazing Race 26 Contestant

Offline MichaelFarrell

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »
Here we go!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2013, 01:29:59 AM »
The Buddy Bear (and the big I on the door  :)) confirms what Xarles found all the way back in December: teams started out at the Intercontinental.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2013, 02:31:40 PM »
Cool tasks they had, the only thing i was missing was landmarks like the Edinburg Castle, Grayfriers Bobby and Arthur's Seat!!!! But they can always go back in another season!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2013, 03:29:55 PM »
So everyone thought Max and Katie and Bates and Anthony would be u-turned, yet......  :lol3:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2013, 04:21:41 PM »
by the way, did you notice during Mona & Beth for Haggis with Clue but you see back boys crew stuff trying give a clue?

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2013, 05:06:21 PM »
So everyone thought Max and Katie and Bates and Anthony would be u-turned, yet......  :lol3:

Or they would u-turn each other. :lol: 
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2013, 07:13:36 PM »
I found what appears to be one of the CBS press pictures from last night's episode and it has me a bit puzzled.

At the Detour Decision Point, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must search the fireplaces at Craigmillar Castle to find the next clue during 'The Amazing Race,' televised on Sunday, April 28, 2013. (CBS)

It's a route info clue, supposedly after the bagpiping and before they go Craigmillar Castle. Why is Caroline holding a $1 bill? Have they ever given teams money in the middle of the leg before? Or was this really from back in Berlin at the start of the leg?

I don't think we ever posted all the CBS press pictures. You can see all 17 at http://photos.mercurynews.com/2013/04/29/amazing-race-whiskey-haggis-and-bagpipes/. It might be good for future TAR researchers to upload them, but I can't do it right now.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:25:01 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2013, 07:15:22 PM »
Looks like a mis-label of some sort...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
Looks like a mis-label of some sort...

Definitely:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2013, 07:22:23 PM »
That's what I figured. A page or so back we have a picture of Joey/Meghan with the route info after the bagpiping and they are indoors, while Caroline and Jennifer are outdoors, so it must be mislabeled and from the start in Berlin.

Sloppy, webmonkeys!  (:;)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2013, 07:25:54 PM »
Or maybe they are just testing diversion tactics.  :lol3:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2013, 10:12:05 PM »
It confirms a $1 leg is still used, since we rarely hear how much money the teams are getting for a leg these days, and it makes it more difficult to judge how teams' cash situation may affect decisions they make on spending their cash.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2013, 02:36:56 AM »
What did they need money for on that leg? All transportation was provided. And meals too!!!!

I recently saw Craig Ferguson on Tonight Show. As one would think, Jay Leno bought up haggis. Ferguson got a smile on his face and started on describing it. He said it was really now a holiday dish. Christmas or New Years, I dont remember which. He pretty much described what we saw on the episode. At the end, he said that haggis was one of the most popular foods in America too. The look on Leno's face was priceless. Ferguson said we didnt call it haggis though. Leno asked what it was called in America.

Ferguson smiled and just said.................HOT DOGS
Matthew 7:15

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2013, 03:10:04 AM »
It did occur to me after I posted the above that there was really nothing that they needed to spend money on that leg except maybe some food or drink at the airport while they waited. I imagine a meal was provided before they left Berlin so they probably didn't even need that. At this point, the teams should have a stash of money saved up past legs for a few snacks or other necessities, except for maybe Caroline/Jennifer and Max/Katie since they had to pay traffic fines.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2013, 05:03:09 AM »
What did they need money for on that leg? All transportation was provided. And meals too!!!!

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/asia/travel-tips-and-articles/76028

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2013, 10:50:53 AM »

I recently saw Craig Ferguson on Tonight Show. As one would think, Jay Leno bought up haggis. Ferguson got a smile on his face and started on describing it. He said it was really now a holiday dish. Christmas or New Years, I dont remember which. He pretty much described what we saw on the episode. At the end, he said that haggis was one of the most popular foods in America too. The look on Leno's face was priceless. Ferguson said we didnt call it haggis though. Leno asked what it was called in America.

Ferguson smiled and just said.................HOT DOGS
Haggis is typically eaten on the 25th of January, or Burns Night. If you have a look online, you will probably find a Burns supper being held near you round the 25th of January, I would reconmend going as you'll get the full Scottish experience of Haggis, neeps (turnip) and tatties (potatoes) in a whisky sauce, whisky to drink and all the fun of a ceilidh, plus you'll get to hear and see the address to the haggis.