Author Topic: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"  (Read 66747 times)

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2013, 09:39:01 PM »

Pic of Meghan just getting her route info clue after the roadblock, seems like its night there... do we agree?
According to a post somewhere in this forum (I can't remember), the sunset in Edinburgh on Dec. 3 was I think 3:42 p.m. So this doesn't entirely say that Joey/Meghan fell behind due to Meghan's incapability to the RB.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
They were 3 hours ahead and the Roadblock penalty is like 4 hours...?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »
What are you all talking about?

I see ZERO evidence that Meghan could not do the RB or that they fall behind in the caps.  Feel free to SHOW me some if there is any? ???

Also, my Pitstop run comment is only SPEC, they could just as easily be running into the house, we do see them leaving their car somewhere....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2013, 10:03:30 PM »
What are you all talking about?

I see ZERO evidence that Meghan could not do the RB or that they fall behind in the caps.  Feel free to SHOW me some if there is any? ???

Also, my Pitstop run comment is only SPEC, they could just as easily be running into the house, we do see them leaving their car somewhere....

Oh , ok than. Thanks Peach!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2013, 10:03:39 PM »

:welcome: to RFF WInTAR!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2013, 10:15:52 PM »
Thanks peach!  :<3

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2013, 03:06:56 AM »

Pic of Meghan just getting her route info clue after the roadblock, seems like its night there... do we agree?
Could just be the lighting in the area of the house they are reading the clue.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2013, 05:34:55 AM »
Could just be the lighting in the area of the house they are reading the clue.

:tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2013, 06:00:15 AM »
The tartan Meghan is wearing is Gordon - http://www.tartanregister.gov.uk/tartanDetails.aspx?ref=1452

jiajia12

« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2013, 07:57:11 AM »
It's all specs, like Peach is just speculating like us

Offline ruadhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2013, 08:31:36 AM »
I don't see why everyone sees joey and meghan as such a weak team comparatively to the others.. If you actually pay attention there has yet to be a task that they have struggled to complete so far in the race, in contrast with some of the other teams who have struggled multiple times.. They were quite afwul at directions however but have seemingly gotten better at it in Berlin. Botswana taught us that in a race to the finish, they may pull through... I really dont feel like they were eliminated this leg.

But for people who just get annoyed by them, fair enough, joey shouts a lot..........

Offline bsuerr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2013, 08:52:29 AM »
I don't think Meghan will have a ton of trouble with the bagpiping.. at least not any more than others, she actually does sing as well for youtube videos her voice isn't as strong as the country girls but she probably has good lung capacity. But in order to play bagpipes you also need strong stomach muscles to really shoot the air out of your mouth into the instrument with enough force to play the notes (I was asking my friend in school who plays the bagpipes what is necessary to play them.) Meghan is very active and an extremely healthy eater and I'm sure Joey trained her like crazy (as he is an extreme gym buff) before the race, so I think she has a very slight edge over the country girls. In my opinion the hockey boys will be best at them just due to strength in the abs, then roller derby moms, then Meghan and joey/country girls, and last Max (I don't think he sings or is very strong judging from how youtube beat them in unloading the wood at the donkey race). Don't underestimate the youtube team they've been portrayed as weak and I'm not sure why because except for getting lost they have done very well at the tasks. One thing is certain I can't wait for tonight!!  :hoot:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2013, 09:35:53 AM »
Interesting........I have always thought one would have to have a very strong left arm to play the bagpipes........to squeze that bag.
Matthew 7:15

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2013, 10:11:45 AM »
And this one looks like a happy face PitStop run to me....

Just speculation, but I also agree this looks like a pitstop run as they do not have any clue on hand and not look like trying to find a clue.

Another speculation is that why it seems no one is thinking Caroline/Jennifer may u-turn Bates/Anthony? It seems foreshadowing last leg that they realise it's time for them to break the alliance with the hockey players when it's almost to the final. I would not be surprised if it turns out that C/J u-turn B/A and then J/M may have a chance to u-turn M/K to save M/B.

Offline Stylemikro

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2013, 10:26:07 AM »
Just speculation, but I also agree this looks like a pitstop run as they do not have any clue on hand and not look like trying to find a clue.

Another speculation is that why it seems no one is thinking Caroline/Jennifer may u-turn Bates/Anthony? It seems foreshadowing last leg that they realise it's time for them to break the alliance with the hockey players when it's almost to the final. I would not be surprised if it turns out that C/J u-turn B/A and then J/M may have a chance to u-turn M/K to save M/B.

Yea, I agree, most of the people are more concerned with the breaking of the J/M and M/B alliance, but both scenarios are possible. But today (or tomorrow for me) we will figure it out everything. The only thing I want to add is: If teams have the possibility, they should U-Turn their main threat, B/A. Let's see if they use the U-Turn smartly!

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »
From the press picture it shows Caroline/Jennifer are doing the detour at the second table from the window, while from pic 27-29 it shows Max/Katie doing that at the third table from the window, and the table next to them seems not yet used by another, can we assume at this point M/K are ahead of C/J?

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2013, 01:31:16 PM »
I just hope they feature the Edinburg Castle, Grayfriers Bobby, Artuhur's Seat and Scottish Parliament. But it does not looks like it. :'( :'( :'( :'(
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline bsuerr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2013, 01:38:39 PM »
I tried to take a look at the clock behind the Country Girls in an HD video and it seems to me the hands are around the 10 and the 3 so its most likely 2:50 since there is still light outside... so I'm almost sure there is some kind of equalizer since according to Joey "They aren't getting there until 4 pm" but still its not that great quality even in HD

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2013, 01:42:01 PM »
"They aren't getting there until 4 pm" for me means that J/M and M/B get their flights first and start being happy about that fact. After that, I assume ALL teams will be able to get in the same exact flight and will get there before, and that's how they can be performing the RB at around 3pm. Previews are always trying to make us feel confused. Joey & MEghan and Mona & Beth will not get a flight advantage, I expect.

Offline NickNaTaw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »
Another speculation is that why it seems no one is thinking Caroline/Jennifer may u-turn Bates/Anthony? It seems foreshadowing last leg that they realize it's time for them to break the alliance with the hockey players when it's almost to the final. I would not be surprised if it turns out that C/J u-turn B/A and then J/M may have a chance to u-turn M/K to save M/B.

I wouldn't be surprised if C/J U-turned B/A if it came down to the wire.

Also, has anyone thought of a scenario where some teams didn't use the U-turn?

And another thing I've noticed: Is it strange that there are no press pics of J/M? There is a picture of every team doing a detour except for them. I don't know if that means something, but it could be that the producers didn't want to give away who got U-turned.

Another thing I was thinking about was Mona and Beth's detour decision. Aren't they normally wanting to do more physical detours? Could it be that they had originally did the "barrel rolling" detour and got U-turned which forced them to do the "haggis" detour?

If we speculate that J/M and M/B both got U-turned, this would put both teams at the roadblock at the same time (as seen in the promos).

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2013, 02:00:02 PM »
What if the RB is first task?
Matthew 7:15

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »
What if the RB is first task?

It isn't ? I do think it is the first task.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2013, 02:20:02 PM »
It's possible but the way in which the route is laid out, they'd be going back on themselves to get to Duddingston :/

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2013, 02:21:32 PM »
I just hope they feature the Edinburg Castle, Grayfriers Bobby, Artuhur's Seat and Scottish Parliament. But it does not looks like it. :'( :'( :'( :'(
You'll get the backside of Arthur's Seat as Duddingston is at the bottom, and they may drive past the Parliment.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2013, 02:26:52 PM »
It's all specs, like Peach is just speculating like us

I am SO glad you think you can speak for me! :res:

Please don't try THAT anymore, thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule: