Author Topic: TAR 22 EP 9 "The Ultimate Fun House"  (Read 45531 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 EP 9 "The Ultimate Fun House"
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2013, 06:19:15 PM »
My guess is : Leg 9 and 10 will have one a NEL and one a Double U-Turn. We just don't know which is which.

I think this leg has the U-Turn, Joey/Meghan eliminated, then Caroline/Jennifer last in an NEL. It could also be the opposite.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2013, 06:26:58 PM »
Using DrRox info about the brothers location, here's a comparison of Park Inn and the TV Tower from the Prenzlauer Allee point of view:

Actually no info from me. I just used your identification from upthread (post 34). In the screen caps with Max and Katie, you can see the Park Inn but not the TV Tower and I agree with your locations for them. They are right under the TV Tower.

But with Bates and Anthony.......you identified both the Park Inn and the TV Tower, with the Park Inn in the foreground and the TV Tower in the background. That only leaves one place for Bates and Anthony......far east of the Park Inn.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:38:21 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2013, 06:30:22 PM »
What if there was a U-Turn? The bungee base jump and carrying letters were both done by Max and Katie, so it's possible.

Fixed that for you. There is no evidence of a bungee cord, so no bungee jump. Also a bungee jump would be horrendously dangerous right next to a building. It is a contolled base jump.

Now as to teams doing both the jump and letters. It could be a W-Turn........but they also could have just switched from letters to jumping, if letters task was to hard.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:42:52 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2013, 07:59:53 PM »
What if there was a U-Turn? The bungee base jump and carrying letters were both done by Max and Katie, so it's possible.

Fixed that for you. There is no evidence of a bungee cord, so no bungee jump. Also a bungee jump would be horrendously dangerous right next to a building. It is a contolled base jump.

Now as to teams doing both the jump and letters. It could be a W-Turn........but they also could have just switched from letters to jumping, if letters task was to hard.

i don't think that there's gonna be a W-Turn on this leg. CBS was always exposed the U-Turn in the preview, right? (Like U-Turn is a really hell-ish thing on the race  :groan: )
I think it's likely to be a NEL

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2013, 07:58:31 AM »

i don't think that there's gonna be a W-Turn on this leg. CBS was always exposed the U-Turn in the preview, right? (Like U-Turn is a really hell-ish thing on the race  :groan: )
I think it's likely to be a NEL

I agree.

My gut is telling me that this is a NEL. Two legs in UK are both ELs.
And there'll be no more U-TURN to be encountered (hint,hint, TAR 20 had a double U-TURN  appearing only in 1 leg)
Besides, a U-TURN appears in Leg 10, isn't it like too late for seasons in nowadays?

Although if there's a Double U-TURN, and Max&Katie is confirmed to be U-TURN-ed, the only possible scenario would be
> Mona&Beth U-TURN Max&Katie
> Max&Katie U-TURN Joey&Meghan
(>> Caroline&Jennifer;Anthony&Bates;Max&Katie are not u-turning each other, neither will Mona&Beth and Joey&Meghan.)
(>> Joey&Meghan already used their U-TURN power in Vietnam, so they can't U-TURN anymore. The only team left that would U-TURN Max&Katie is Mona&Beth)

hence, this leg would be an obvious "Elimination Leg", which everyone speculates to be the end of Joey&Meghan.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:04:01 AM by BuuYaa »
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2013, 10:27:20 AM »

Although if there's a Double U-TURN, and Max&Katie is confirmed to be U-TURN-ed, the only possible scenario would be
(>> Caroline&Jennifer;Anthony&Bates;Max&Katie are not u-turning each other, neither will Mona&Beth and Joey&Meghan.)
(>> Joey&Meghan already used their U-TURN power in Vietnam, so they can't U-TURN anymore. The only team left that would U-TURN Max&Katie is Mona&Beth)[/size]

i didn't know that a team only has one chance to use the U-turn :o     poor Joey & Meghan. If the rest of the teams are smart, they should U-Turn the strongest team, which is the hockey brothers. this is Amazing Race, not Amazing friends (Katie & Rachel quotes, S17) :)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »

(>> Joey&Meghan already used their U-TURN power in Vietnam, so they can't U-TURN anymore. The only team left that would U-TURN Max&Katie is Mona&Beth)[/size]

i didn't know that a team only has one chance to use the U-turn :o     poor Joey & Meghan. If the rest of the teams are smart, they should U-Turn the strongest team, which is the hockey brothers. this is Amazing Race, not Amazing friends (Katie & Rachel quotes, S17) :)

They might, unless the hockey brothers are ahead, which is probably the case.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2013, 11:19:55 AM »
Wasn't the U-Turn last time Blind? That wouldn't leave Joey & Meghan without chances. I don't really remember. lol.

Edit: According to Polaroid on the Live comments of Leg 05, they can use it. It was Blind, indeed.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:23:13 AM by David. »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2013, 01:07:03 PM »
Of course, at the moment, there is ZERO evidence of ANY sort of U-Turn this leg.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2013, 01:03:56 AM »
Not to mention aren't U-Turns usually advertised?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2013, 03:22:07 PM »
Letters in the preview caps: SAERBNVKOZ - anybody good at anagrams? :lol:
If it's incomplete, I'm guessing it could be one of these:
ROSENKAVALIERPLATZ or
ROSENKRANZ (in case the V is a decoy)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »
oooh. nice. In spoilers I think we had racers carrying a P and a B... ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »
ROSENKRANZ (in case the V is a decoy)

Admittedly totally off topic, but I had to comment that there is a second living schnauzer in my family these days -- which had belonged to my late sister, and has been with my niece since my sister passed 8 years ago. This schnauzer's formal name is Rosenkranz, and is called Rose. :) Rose is 13 years old this spring.
(We like having formal names from which an everyday name is derived.)
-- theschnauzers

MrDeerShank

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2013, 04:05:16 PM »
oooh. nice. In spoilers I think we had racers carrying a P and a B... ???

I think it was p/b, as in they didn't know if it was a p or a b, similarly with the n/u situation :)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »
Ok. Here's the press pics in bigger size:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2013, 05:32:54 PM »
Can't the Bungee be the Side A of the Detour?

I think Katie (?) was seen doing the bungee jumping in the previews, so I don't think it can be a Detour, otherwise, they just seem really unbalanced

EDIT: Jennifer from the country singers is seen doing the free fall in the promo

Katie is doing the jumping. She's wearing grey trousers and Jennifer black ones. Also the shoes design doesn't match.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
It's one of my wild specs, but looking again at this:

And seeing this pic where Max and Katie seems to been looking for something (maybe in a plan): 

Could it be the phrase this one?:

PARK INN BY RADDISSON. 

The complete name of the hotel where they did the jumping. That would explain why we have sightings of all the teams doing the jumping and carrying the letters.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »
Check this pic: look at the logo behind Joey.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »
Joey stated in one of his latest videos that he jumped out of a building, rather than jumped off of a building - whether this is true or he had a memory lapse, well, we shall see...

Offline ruadhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2013, 07:33:18 PM »
I am pretty sure Joey and meghan dont get eliminated in Berlin, in fact I have a feeling they might do very well in the leg. In joeys last 2 videos he has mentioned how much he loved Berlin and how it was one of his favourite cities etc etc all very positive and it gives me the impression that its not a place he has bad memories in..

Offline NickNaTaw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2013, 07:42:14 PM »
(first time poster, long time reader)
Does anybody else have the feeling this could be a Non-elimination leg? Both legs, 11 and 12, air on the same day (May 5th), with leg 9 being this Sunday and leg 10 being next Sunday. If you do the math, 3 teams will be in leg 12, 4 teams in leg 11, and 5 teams in leg 10, which is in Scotland. So, wouldn't it make sense if Berlin was an NEL and the next team eliminated was in Scotland? Or the next NEL is in Scotland rather than Berlin, meaning a team will be eliminated in Germany.

Also, can anyone explain to me how the decoys work in the final cities? For example, when do they assume they'll need to start having decoys, and how many teams do they use as decoys? Like will the next two teams eliminated be decoys in the finale? ...just curious if anybody knows. 

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2013, 02:43:27 AM »
Does anybody else have the feeling this could be a Non-elimination leg? Both legs, 11 and 12, air on the same day (May 5th), with leg 9 being this Sunday and leg 10 being next Sunday. If you do the math, 3 teams will be in leg 12, 4 teams in leg 11, and 5 teams in leg 10, which is in Scotland. So, wouldn't it make sense if Berlin was an NEL and the next team eliminated was in Scotland? Or the next NEL is in Scotland rather than Berlin, meaning a team will be eliminated in Germany.

Also, can anyone explain to me how the decoys work in the final cities? For example, when do they assume they'll need to start having decoys, and how many teams do they use as decoys? Like will the next two teams eliminated be decoys in the finale? ...just curious if anybody knows.

Welcome to RFF...!!!  :bigwelcome
i have the same feeling that Germany could be a Non-elimination leg. but still, we don't have any proofs

About the decoys, maybe the senior members here can give explanation  :)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:29:24 AM by nyoman_sb1 »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2013, 05:41:24 AM »

Usually the Final 6 or so are decoys, (during TAR 16, a friend of mine spotted Steve & Allie racing in the Singapore leg), they race the course with the other teams to try to fool those who like to spoil.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2013, 12:17:53 PM »
I would say it sometimes depends on where the teams are when they are eliminated...are they closer to the finish site or to sequester?

Most commonly, it is the 4th and 5th elim'd who get to run decoy.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2013, 05:45:18 PM »
Missing.... the Friday "Sneak Peek". :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule: