Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 8 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 18095 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Anyone noted that the Roadblock Bungee Jump is the same of the TAR 16 intersection?

Even the sponsor bar is the same!

You're right!  :ascared

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Chuck & Wynona :torche

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
They've been showing a ton of scenery this season. I loved the snowy mountains!

Overall... really boring episode for me unfortunately :'(

Sucks to see Chuck & Wynona go out like that. They really struggled!

Team-by-team review:

Anthony & Bates - I never like dominating teams... but I don't hate them.
Mona & Beth - NOTHING. They've done NOTHING (at least based on their edits).. besides the canoe-war last leg :lol:
Max & Katie - Win a leg alreadyyyyyyyy!!
Caroline & Jennifer - They continue to somehow still be there :lol: Is it me or did they not get as much screentime as usual?
Joey & Meghan - We've barely seen them until they struggled to get to the Pit Stop... nothing much else to say..
Chuck & Wynona - Oh.. this is where most of the screentime went... as I said sucks to see them go.

Was that Switchback slightly underwhelming or...?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
And another train ride!!!! ;no
And another train ride... :yess:

I lovvvve trains. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks Magnus!

And Poloroid, I hope you feel better soon! As you can see, we missed you!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Anyone noted that the Roadblock Bungee Jump is the same of the TAR 16 intersection?

Even the sponsor bar is the same!

Except it isnt a bungy jump.
Matthew 7:15

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
It kind a killed me that Chuck&Wynoan actually could have survived...

Well good though now we're left with all the teams from the second flight to Bora-Bora ... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
For once, it was more than just 4-5 clues in a leg :hearts:. This is actually only the 2nd time in 8 legs that has happend this season. (Not that I didn't like those legs, it just got repetetive.)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And another train ride!!!! ;no

It is impossible to get to Kleine Scheidegg or to Junfraujoch or to Eigerwand except on a train. There are no roads going up there. You must park your car in Grindelwald or Lauterbrennen and take the same trains that the AR22 teams did. That was the way it was when I visited decades ago and it is still true today.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:19:44 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Didn't a team go out (Kent & Vyxsin) because of a penalty the last time they went to Switzerland?
Yes, you're right. Kent and Vyxsin took a taxi when they were directed to walk to the pit stop at the Wood Cabin in Zermatt. The 30 minute penalty was decisive and caused their elimination in AR18, episode 10.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It was a fun episode...but it made me feel like Bates & Anthony don't have much competition now that the other frontrunners are gone.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
WHUUUUUUUUUUT? Chynona is invincible!

Ooops maybe not, Joey/Meghan are the luckiest team ever

Hardly.  This leg design stank.  Chuck and Wynona only beat Joey and Meghan in being lucky enough to either have a taxi just there for them or getting better directions to a taxi.  Also on the mountain they delayed Joey and Meghan stopping them from getting with the other teams in what was already a processional roadblock.  The leg design pretty much stank really, too much bunching and challenges that allowed no changes of position.  Even the switchback wasn't as good as before, the rolling out of control cheeses were a big part of the original.  The best part this time round was the climbing up the hill, however they couldn't overtake which meant that wasn't as good as it could have been.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I'd never thought I'd say this, but all the other legs were better than this one. Even the controversial Vietnam leg was more enjoyable than this, and I'm not saying this just because of train mania. :lol3:

The dog transporting was rather pointless after looking back as that didn't even separate teams. I'm starting to think that may have been a Detour like that season 19 bodybuilding posing "choice". I thought CLIMBING Eiger would be an amazing Roadblock, but they only had to jiggle their feet across a balance beam to retrieve a gnome. :'( The cheese task was the only fun and deeper struggle task.

Chynona rolling the cheese down the hill was smart, not stupid. :crazy:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Yeh there was no climbing, physically it wasn't a test really.  It was more about the scenery, as in so much of this race.  I know some complained in the last race about it being in ugly poor countries, but I thought the problem was more the tasks and cast.  In this one the cast has been patchy again for me, the tasks a bit better but not as good as the locations have promised.  I don't know how after all these seasons they can do bad leg designs, maybe they design it in a certain way because it is cheaper and more convenient for them (teams all together, more predictable, less risk).

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Teams must now travel by train with their new BFF <3

Phil is hilarious <3