Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 7 "Be Safe and Don't Hit a Cow"  (Read 71265 times)

laimis

Re: TAR 22 Ep 7 "Be Safe and Don't Hit a Cow"
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2013, 08:27:11 AM »
It's pretty clear that Joey & Meghan will be eliminated next  :'(  they are one of my fav teams this season

why? it could be Chuck & Wynona or Caroline & Jennifer too xp :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2013, 08:32:22 AM »
I agree with what the edit is suggesting.

"It all comes down to this":

:donkey: :donkey:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2013, 09:20:13 AM »
It's pretty clear that Joey & Meghan will be eliminated next  :'(  they are one of my fav teams this season

I read a comment from a guy in a article (unfortunately i forget the link) and he said Joey/Meghan will be the next to go. He also know who won the race. Well.. he has no proof, but in the preview, Phil's waiting at the pit stop, and the last 2 teams are Joey/Meghan & Max/Katie. We all know that Max and Katie are in the top 3.

laimis

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2013, 09:23:36 AM »

I read a comment from a guy in a article (unfortunately i forget the link) and he said Joey/Meghan will be the next to go. He also know who won the race. Well.. he has no proof, but in the preview, Phil's waiting at the pit stop, and the last 2 teams are Joey/Meghan & Max/Katie. We all know that Max and Katie are in the top 3.

oh well :( But I don't understand how do we know that they will be in the final?

Offline doremon.0504

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race Forever
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »
I don't want to see Max&Katie in final episode.  :nut:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2013, 09:40:47 AM »

oh well :( But I don't understand how do we know that they will be in the final?

You read the SPOILERS.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
Back to this episode please?

Discussion of future spoilers goes here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28046.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2013, 02:12:07 PM »
Y'all aren't helping me... 

CAP 12. Who is just before or after Mona/Beth?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »
Looks like Pamela and Winnie, IMO.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2013, 02:25:30 PM »
Seeing the FF this leg, makes me really very angry. I don't know why. But if a producer is reading this, they need to stop putting FF on the second leg in the same country. It's irritating and anti-climax and unfair as hell for a viewer like me to watch the show and know who wins the leg in about 10 minutes into the show. It's HORRIBLE. The winner of the previous leg, just have to retrieve the next clue in first place and attempt the FF to win it. What the hell.

Kthxbye, just ranting.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2013, 02:34:08 PM »
I don't like the FF in a linear leg either. It needs to be after a bunch so anyone has a chance.

And of course....when was the last time a team didn't get a FF? :res: Jersey Shore?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2013, 02:37:18 PM »
Still finding CBS a bit odd. They have been spoiling the FF episodes for a few season's now...but giving us WHO takes it? ??? odd...

Of course, it isn't clear if their attempt is successful...or not!! :lol:
However, it might be instructive to check out what percentage of completed Fast Forwards have gone unchallenged. The only easy way I know to do this is a historical analysis for the entirety of Amazing Race seasons to develop the data from scratch for seasons 15 to 21 but use as a database for seasons 1 to 14 a favorite Amazing Race reference book "Circumnavigating the Globe: Amazing Race 10 - 14 and Amazing Race Asia 1 - 3" pp. 261-265:

CHALLENGED COMPLETED FAST FORWARDS
AR1 ep. 1 - Rob/Brennan beat Dave/Margheretta to Boiling Pot
AR1 ep. 9 - Joe/Bill vs. Nancy/Emily at Buddhist monastery
AR2 ep. 2 - Shola/Doyin beat Gary/Dave and Peggy/Claire withdrew on beach volleyball vs. Brazilian  team Copacabana Beach
AR2 ep. 7 - Gary/Dave beat Mary/Peach to fortune teller in Hong Kong
AR2 ep. 9 - Chris/Alex beat Blake/Paige at eating meat pie at Harry de Wheel's
AR10 ep. 10 - Blake/Paige beat Wil/Tara in Queenstown Shotover River Jet Boat ride
AR3 ep. 1 - Ken/Gerard beat Derek/Drew in search for Mexico City street typist
AR3 ep. 6 - Ian/Teri beat John Vito/Jill and Flo/Zach dropped out in Marrakesh search for Oriental rug with logo
AR4 ep. 9 - Chip/Reichen beat Jon/Kelly to Sepilok Orangutan Rehab Sanctuary
AR7 ep. 5 - Ray/Deena beat Rob/Amber to Soweto Orlando Cooling tower rope bridge walk
AR8 ep. 5 - Paolo family beat Gaghan family to Panama City Power Station Tandem Bungee Jump
AR9 ep. 6 - Eric/Jeremy beat Monica/Joseph in Stamatopolous Tavern plate breaking
AR9 ep. 12 - BJ/Tyler beat Ray/Yolanda in Lopburi cricket eating contest
AR13 ep. 8 - Nick/Starr beat Terence/Sarah in eating a Kazakh specialty with sheep's butt in Almaty

AR17 ep. 5 - Nat/Kat beat I believe Nick/Vicki (not quite sure) to cabin with eating boiled sheep's head in Narvik
AR20 ep. 6 - Rachel/Dave beat Danny/Joey at Stack Hay on truck outside Baku

Total - 16

UNCHALLENGED COMPLETED FAST FORWARDS
AR1 ep. 2 - Pat/Brenda white water rafting on Zambezi River
AR1 ep. 3 - Kevin/Drew find Mariage Freres Tea Shop in Paris 
AR1 ep. 7 - Frank/Margarita search Estense Castle moat in Ferara
AR2 ep. 4 - Oswald/Danny - search Swapkopmund Hotel moat for flag in Windhoek
AR2 ep. 11 - Wil/Tara - Mt. Tarawera scree run 
AR3 ep. 2 - Derek/Drew fly with voladores at National Museum of Anthropolgy in Mexico City
AR3 ep. 3  - Andrew/Dennis operate a tank at Duxford Imperial War Museum in Cambridge
AR3 ep. 7 - Flo/Zach got the attention of a surfer in the Inn River at Innsbruck
AR3 ep. 9 - John Vito/Jill eat cheese cubes to uncover clue in Kanderstag
AR4 ep. 1 - Monica/Sheree did showshoeing up hill in Alps above Cortina
AR4 ep. 2 - Steve/Dave  performed street theater with Commedia del Arte in Venice
AR4 ep. 3 - Steve/Josh waltzed trays of champagne at Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna
AR4 ep. 4 - Tian/Jaree assemble a puzzle at Musee des Patisseries near Marseille
AR4 ep. 6 - Millie/Chuck ride on windmill vane at Molen van Sloten Windmill, Holland
AR4 ep. 11 - Dave/Jeff safe water rescue on Sunshine Coast of Australia
AR5 ep. 5 - Colin/Christie move a sarcophagus at Pharaonic temple near Cairo
AR6 ep. 7 - Bolo/Lori drink a goblet of pig's blood at Budavari Larinitus cave in Budapest
AR6 ep. 8 - Adam/Rebecca walk on ocean floor in antique diving suit at Ajaccio
AR7 ep. 9 - Uchenna/Joyce head shaving at Hindu temple in Jodhpur
AR10 ep. 6 - David/Mary with assistance from Erwin/Godwin put out oilwell fire in Kuwait City
AR10 ep. 8 - intersected Rob/Kimberly and Tyler/James ate cows' lips in Antananarivo
AR11 ep. 8 - intersected Danny/Oswald and Uchenna/Joyce count steps for Town Hall and St. Mary's Basilica in Krakow     
AR11 ep. 10 - Oswald/Danny in high speed stunt sequence at Hong Kong Kai Tak airport
AR12 ep. 7 - get a tattoo at Fabio's studio in Empoli
AR13 ep. 4 - climb mast of Sky Tower to retrieve gnome in Auckland

AR15 ep. 5 - Cheyne/Meghan to the Autodrome for taking a McLaren F3 racing car for one lap in 45 seconds or less, Dubai
AR16 ep. 7 - Dan/Jordan to the Singapore Flyer ferris wheel to go from observation pod on top out and cross to adjacent one
AR20 ep. 4 - Art/JJ piloted a toy helicopter in Lingoto building in Turin
AR20 ep. 10 - Mark/Bopper got their heads shaved at Chartala Buddhist temple 
AR21 ep. 4 - James/Abba collect and deliver rats
AR21 ep. 9 - Natalie/Nadiya were first to Flying Dutchman amphibious and eat 5 herring each during its route in Amsterdam (note my non-consideration of Jaymes/James contesting it is because they arrived at the start point as Natalie/Nadiya finished)

Total - 30

My conclusion is that 35% of all historical FAST FORWARDs have been contested and 65% uncontested. Which one will AR22 ep. 7 be? Available history cannot answer that yet.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:11:43 AM by apskip »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »
I don't like the FF in a linear leg either. It needs to be after a bunch so anyone has a chance.

And of course....when was the last time a team didn't get a FF? :res: Jersey Shore?

Yeap, Azerbaijan.  Hay stack, Joey Fitness & Danny vs. Davechel.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2013, 02:39:01 PM »
SO if it is P/W, then Mona/Beth and Pam/Winnie may be  bunched>>>down to Donkey Luck.

We already know Max/Katie and YouTube are bunched as well>>down to Donkey Luck.

I would have picked by the CARROT. :lol3:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2013, 02:41:25 PM »

Yeap, Azerbaijan.  Hay stack, Joey Fitness & Danny vs. Davechel.

Yeah...and this is a LINEAR FF too! No way they can side-by-side be having a water skiing race. :groan:

NOT GOOD LEG PLANNING. This would be MINUS points in the Design Challenge.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2013, 02:44:15 PM »
Apskip, don't forget the UNAIRED because went UNUSED FF's too.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »
Apskip, don't forget the UNAIRED because went UNUSED FF's too.
Peach,

I am not spending the extra time to find and include in my analysis unaired and unused FAST FORWARDs. They are irrelevant for my purpose in the analysis of COMPLETED FAST FORWARDs since we do not know who competed and who won on unaired FAST FORWARDs and unused FAST FORWARDs speak for themselves. Anyone interested in doing that may with my blessing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2013, 04:29:13 PM »
Okay, nvm...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2013, 06:05:14 PM »
Y'all aren't helping me... 

CAP 12. Who is just before or after Mona/Beth?

I think thats Bates and Anthony. One of them always wears a red shirt, the other wears a grey shirt.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2013, 06:22:33 PM »
If it's a team, the only team it can be based on what everyone is wearing during the leg is Bates and Anthony, purely on the basis that they're the only team not shown with what they are already wearing!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2013, 06:30:23 PM »
Fr me that is not a team, really. I do not think the Hockeys will make it to this point, if we see the went for the FF, and there will not be the donkey task before the FF. It is quite ridiculous...

What we were talking before is tht the donkey cannot be a roadblock because we have seen some teams doing it (both members)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »

How do we know that it's a race for last place between Max & Katie and Joey & Meghan? It could easily be misleading editing. I don't see Phil in the same shot as the teams.

For all we know, it's a race for first place! Or, considering the Fast Forward, perhaps second and third.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2013, 09:08:22 PM »
Phil uploaded a pic in his Twitter account:

Phil Keoghan ‏@PhilKeoghan
Loving #Botswana thank you for the warm welcome @BotswanaTourism @NoOppWasted #AmazingRace

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2013, 09:09:59 PM »

How do we know that it's a race for last place between Max & Katie and Joey & Meghan? It could easily be misleading editing. I don't see Phil in the same shot as the teams.

For all we know, it's a race for first place! Or, considering the Fast Forward, perhaps second and third.

What you doing in the spoilers?? :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2013, 09:55:14 PM »

Hooky rulez. But Page 1 of timeline thread will tell you everything, Hooky.

The last time somebody didn't get an FF is... Jaymes and James if you consider somebody who went to the location and wanted to get it.

The last time somebody didn't get an FF even after trying the task would be Joey and Danny. There are not a lot of instances of teams who tried the FF and didn't win it.

Can more ppl talk about their hate for linear legs FF here, or as a whole without bunching? Try to make the leg designer guilty or the producers reading this feel our pain as viewers as we watch...