Archive > The Amazing Race 22

TAR 22 Ep 7 "Be Safe and Don't Hit a Cow"

<< < (37/39) > >>

TARFansurvivor:
Great leg  :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

Hooky:

--- Quote from: Dånooky on April 01, 2013, 11:38:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: apskip on April 01, 2013, 10:38:47 AM ---I see the issue as World Race Productions not having a first task near the AR22 start line to "separate the wheat from the chaff" as Phil has said earlier. If they had, probably the composition of the first flight would have been closer to the teams now remaining.

--- End quote ---
I disagree. The way I see it, most of the teams eliminated so far weren't inept continuously, they were pretty competitive people who ran into just one inconvenience that sealed their fate:
* The twins are done by facing the one challenge they were not ready to deal with
* Jessica & John were done for their bad luck and lack of judgment, after they had been racing consistently well
* Dave & Connor were leading the pack in spite of their injury and only had to withdraw out of medical concern
* Pam & Winnie were also leading in later legs but were done by what could only be considered a "brain fart"

I believe these four teams wold have had a chance at the million had they not tripped.

--- End quote ---

I agree with Dan on this one. Many of the teams that have been eliminated so far were potentially the strongest teams in the race, and the factors leading to their respective eliminations were rather unlikely, at least on paper. What we are left with is a race that allows the former "bottom-feeding" or "average" teams (Bates & Anthony are the only frontrunners left) a chance to shine.

That being said, I miss Dave & Connor and am sad about Pam & Winnie... :(

RaceUntilWeDie:
That's why I love this season.

We could say it's "unpredictable" (only if we don't have spoilers :lol: ) but still, when was the last time we've had all frontrunners in the first quarter/half of the race eliminated?

Jobby:

--- Quote from: RaceUntilWeDie on April 04, 2013, 08:52:16 PM ---That's why I love this season.

We could say it's "unpredictable" (only if we don't have spoilers :lol: ) but still, when was the last time we've had all frontrunners in the first quarter/half of the race eliminated?

--- End quote ---

NONE. NONE. NONE.

Shelact:
Maybe one of you great spoilers can clear up something that has been bothering me about this episode.  I've discussed this with some friends who also love The Amazing Race and no is remembering what I think I remember.

It seems to be that many seasons ago a team got a penalty when they checked in for speeding on the race.  Does anyone remember that or am I imagining it?   :rules: :driveby

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version