Author Topic: TAR 22 EP 6 "Scorpion King Hunter"  (Read 54558 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 22 EP 6 "Scorpion King Hunter"
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 11:53:08 PM »
And doesn't "The race continues in Botswana" count for something?

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 12:00:44 AM »
And doesn't "The race continues in Botswana" count for something?

I don't think so double legs usually have the word continue. I remember Moscow did for last season.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 12:07:43 AM »
So you're saying that "The race continues in Botswana" means they go to Namibia?

I think they stay in Botswana, no Namibia.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 01:42:11 AM »
Well, I figure there's a 99.8% chance they won't go to Namibia and both legs will be in Botswana. I was just mentioning the very remote possibility of a trip to Namibia based on the one vague sighting. Since TAR Norway is expected to run two legs in Namibia, I probably never should have even brought it up.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 08:47:23 AM »
Some extra caps from the episode's preview:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 09:11:44 AM »
Botswana is soooo TAR7-ish.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2013, 09:12:39 AM »
BTW, Pam & Winnie holding the Detour clue inside the envelope? They seem to be doing something different to Bates & Anthony?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:18:13 AM by David. »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2013, 09:24:10 AM »
BTW, Pam & Winnie holding the Detour clue inside the envelope? They seem to be doing something different to Bates & Anthony?

Yes, it's a Detour clue.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2013, 10:44:44 AM »
Now all we really need is a coca cola bottle!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2013, 11:25:57 AM »
Now all we really need is a coca cola bottle!!!

Well, if the Gods are crazy, we might get it! LOL

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2013, 01:12:53 PM »
 Press Pics:

"Scorpion King Hunter"--In this Route Marker, Newlyweds Max (left) and Katie (right) make their was to the Hair of the Dog bar where a dancer will give them their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Scorpion King Hunter"--In Detour B, Roller Derby moms Mona (left) and Beth (right) must construct and set a snare to catch a guinea fowl in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Scorpion King Hunter"--At the Detour Decision Point, Married couple Chuck (left) and Wynona (right) must choose between Detour A "Fire" or Detour B "Fowl" in the Kalahari Desert on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Scorpion King Hunter"--In Detour B, Country singers Jennifer (left) and Caroline (right) must construct and set a snare to catch a guinea fowl in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Scorpion King Hunter"--In this Road Block, Best friends Winnie (left) and Pam (center) follow the Bushmen through the Kalahari Desert in search of a scorpion and the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:37:40 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »
<Thumbnail, click to enlarge

A2 MEG is a Cessna 208B Grand Caravan

Registered to Mack Air (Pty) Ltd im Maun. This company does air charters, scenic flights over the Okavango Delta, supply runs to and from game lodges, medical evacuations when needed, game lodge transfers for tourists and aerial photography and videography.

Trying to see if this cap is at the Maun airport or elsewhere. What do y'all think?

photo credit for the firetower to Noel Jones: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zk-ngj/8220319038/in/photostream/

Bumping this because this location is important. Maun...or somewhere else?

I would like a GE person to see if the fire tower is in the right place...

Attaching a pic of Royal Lodge airstrip, seems too small.

In this vid of a landing at Maun, the fire tower is visible on the Right. Would a takeoff be in the opposite direction with the tower on the Left??

http://ekatibah.smugmug.com/keyword/landing%20at%20maun%20international%20airport#!i=1976718880&k=dJ9GVLJ

Here is a better one:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/50XH4-alN38" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/50XH4-alN38</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 EP 6 (Really? STILL no TITLE?)
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2013, 02:31:51 PM »
Full Preview CAPS!

In pic 12 from the full preview it shows an aircraft A2-MBA flying... I think this is the plane the teams are on - or they may be split between A2-MEG and A2-MBA.
Anyways..
"A2-MBA","Cessna Aircraft","U208B","208B2136","Major Blue Air"," 30-Nov-09"," 8-Dec-10"
"A2-MEG","Cessna Aircraft","C208B","208B0944","Mack Air (Pty) Ltd"," 07-May-02"," 21-Feb-11" (Peach already identified this one...)

http://www.majorblueair.com/fleet.html

In pic # 20 it shows a "crew person" that looks like Koos Delport - (http://www.majorblueair.com/crew.html). Looks like he is wearing a Major Blue Air flightsuit.

Interesting - they are associated with Mapula Lodge. http://www.mapula-lodge.com/gal.html Which has an airstrip nearby (Xarakai pronounced Kari-ki), - but it doesn't look like it has a control tower. Its about 90 miles from Maun.
"Mapula Lodge is nestled into the northern reaches of the Okavango Delta – a sprawling mass of land and water, rich in animal and birdlife. An up-market safari lodge, Mapula places great value in its excellent service and wide range of safari offerings. From tranquil mokoro trips to guided walks and game drives, Mapula is the perfect place to experience the wonders of the Okavango Delta. "

On another note about aircraft - A2-AKS - shown beside the aircraft the teams are in pic 20 - I can't find the registration info for this one - but it could help us figure out where they are flying from.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2013, 03:09:43 PM »
OH wow!! That is a definite match! Even the pocket logos match, and the staff too.

Wonder if the AKS plane is new, it is not showing up on the Botswana registry I found either...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2013, 04:16:51 PM »
Thanks to the LOVE BOTSWANA MISSION's facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/LoveBotswana#!/LoveBotswana

Please LIKE their page!  :hrt:

We can tour the Okavango Delta with Google Street View http://bit.ly/UsYPWK
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2013, 05:26:15 PM »
This is the air field they are taking off from:  probably Maun

This is the airstrip they are landing at: 

It is Mapula:  here, shown in GE tilt view

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:30:45 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2013, 06:15:33 PM »
Wonderful!!!! Then Royal Lodge could be a production/staff  spot only...or not. :lol:

Sounds as though the challenges will be at Mapula.

restart, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2013, 06:32:03 PM »
Another pic from Caroline at the RB:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2013, 07:27:02 PM »
Teams find their next clue taped to the wheel of their Ford Escape? (I don't know whether this has already been posted or not)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2013, 08:01:28 PM »
Teams find their next clue taped to the wheel of their Ford Escape? (I don't know whether this has already been posted or not)

Source?
RFF's Golden Rule:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2013, 02:42:23 AM »

Source?

I'll get a cap when I'm next on my laptop - you can see something is taped to the steering wheel of Mona and Beth's car in the promo :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2013, 02:50:50 AM »
I have it now, thanks for pointing that out!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2013, 02:56:30 AM »
Here we go, I cant get a clear shot...

Points from Slowhatch:

Why a right hand drive vehicle? (Botswana is left). Were the Fords brought in from So Africa for the publicity?? ???

Still would like something more for Mapula to convince me that's where tasks are...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2013, 09:20:05 AM »
Here we go, I cant get a clear shot...

Points from Slowhatch:

Why a right hand drive vehicle? (Botswana is left). Were the Fords brought in from So Africa for the publicity?? ???

Still would like something more for Mapula to convince me that's where tasks are...

Because Botswana is a former British colony and drives at the left side of the road and was influenced during the British colonial rule.

One-thirds of the African continent drives at the left side of the road, while the rest are driven at the right side of the road. Some former British colonies in Africa switched to the right side of the road being shared with the former French colonial borders in that continent.

Peach, that is not Ford Escape, its Ford Everest and is slightly cheaper than Escape. In regarding on Ford Everests in Botswana were actually exported from Ford South Africa. With a Botswana license plate attached below the front grill of Ford Everest. But the license plate is blurry and see below for rationale.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:57:15 AM by ApprenticeFan »