Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 5 "Your Tan IS Totally Cool"  (Read 69787 times)

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 Ep 5 "Your Tan IS Totally Cool"
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2013, 03:14:37 AM »
since i was new in this forum...  :hello2:

somehow i think that the human chess thing is a FF since it's kinda hard and imbalanced with the other option
( i mean playing chess is already hard, but plus real people, and in vietnam? i don't think it would be easy  :ascared)
what do you guys think?

and i'm sorry for my english, i'm still trying to be good at it  ;)

Selamat datang Raynald... :wel2  Welcome to RFF...!!!
I think your English is better than mine   :)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2013, 03:43:28 AM »
Do you think Dave & Connor will do a Summer & Eachen, or will they be eliminated the normal style?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2013, 03:47:23 AM »
I don't think Human Chess is FF because both of Derby Moms and Country Singers was seen to do it, right?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2013, 04:06:23 AM »
So weird with the list of ingredient because in Hanoi, Pho doesn't have something like bean sprouts :))

I think they were getting bean sprouts because that is how it is usually served in the United States. I've almost always gotten a plate with bean sprouts, basil and sliced jalapeno peppers along with the bowl of Pho. I expect that's the style in the southern part of Vietnam since that's where most of the Vietnamese immigrants to this country came from. That's just a guess though. It certainly wouldn't be the first dish to be changed when it was introduced to the United States.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2013, 04:25:48 AM »
I don't think Human Chess is FF because both of Derby Moms and Country Singers was seen to do it, right?

Right.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2013, 06:32:05 AM »
since i was new in this forum...  :hello2:

somehow i think that the human chess thing is a FF since it's kinda hard and imbalanced with the other option
( i mean playing chess is already hard, but plus real people, and in vietnam? i don't think it would be easy  :ascared)
what do you guys think?

and i'm sorry for my english, i'm still trying to be good at it  ;)

raynaldsantika,
My thoughts are that it would be very easy to develop a version of human chess that could be completed in perhaps 15 minutes. Moving people around on a large chess board could take little more time than moving the pieces on a real chessboard. It's all in the rules for this game. Speed chess can be completed very fast if you have a maximum amount of time on a timer.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:54:02 AM by apskip »

laimis

« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »

Yup, they were u-turned for sure

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2013, 01:57:23 PM »

OMG They WERE u-turned... they did the pho chick and this
but by whom? Hopefully it's not Maxie I don't want'em to use their U-TURN power so early

if this is a Double Elimination Leg
There's going to be 6 teams left with 7 legs to go
So,
Leg 6 = NEL/KOR
Leg 7 = EL (5 remain)
Leg 8 = NEL/KOR
Leg 9 = EL (4 remain)
Leg 10 = NEL/KOR
Leg 11 = EL (final three)
unless they put 2 NE/.KORs in a row. Is that allowed nowadays? I think last time it happened was in AllStars and it was just because the leg that Uchenna&Joyce were eliminated was a NEL but they've fallen too far behind the production made it an EL just  to eliminate them, meaning one of an EL in next Legs had to be a NEL
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

laimis

« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2013, 02:05:56 PM »
I don't think it will be a double elimination, because there is 12 Legs??

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »

OMG They WERE u-turned... they did the pho chick and this
but by whom? Hopefully it's not Maxie I don't want'em to use their U-TURN power so early

if this is a Double Elimination Leg
There's going to be 6 teams left with 7 legs to go
So,
Leg 6 = NEL/KOR
Leg 7 = EL (5 remain)
Leg 8 = NEL/KOR
Leg 9 = EL (4 remain)
Leg 10 = NEL/KOR
Leg 11 = EL (final three)
unless they put 2 NE/.KORs in a row. Is that allowed nowadays? I think last time it happened was in AllStars and it was just because the leg that Uchenna&Joyce were eliminated was a NEL but they've fallen too far behind the production made it an EL just  to eliminate them, meaning one of an EL in next Legs had to be a NEL

There are 12 legs, not 11. so the next leg is not double elimination.
WOW... I bet Max & Katie U-turned them, damn...  (:;)

MrDeerShank

« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2013, 03:21:01 PM »
I can't see the leg being DEL unless it was advertised to death - if it was, then the two U-Turned teams would just be eliminated, and as the U-Turn is blind, Maxie won't lose the CoP to use later on for a second Double U-Turn (if they need to use it)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »
Dave & Connor somehow get U-Turned and they quit?

The other U-Turned team (Joey & Meghan) probably arrive 7th at the Pit Stop (which is last because D/C maybe quit) and are eliminated.

They've never done a NEL on a U-Turn leg, soo

laimis

« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2013, 05:14:41 PM »
Dave & Connor somehow get U-Turned and they quit?

The other U-Turned team (Joey & Meghan) probably arrive 7th at the Pit Stop (which is last because D/C maybe quit) and are eliminated.

They've never done a NEL on a U-Turn leg, soo

it's NOT a DOUBLE elimination leg GAAWD -__-

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »
Perhaps Joey and Meghan u-turn David and Connor because they were the only team the knew were behind them

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2013, 05:23:23 PM »
Based on caps, my guess is M/J and Roller Derby Mom's get U-Turned.... :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2013, 05:36:36 PM »
Based on caps, my guess is M/J and Roller Derby Mom's get U-Turned.... :duno:

Right! Forgot about that, lol

MrDeerShank

« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2013, 06:56:04 PM »
Meghan (from Joey/Meghan) posted a new video with another exclusive clip and it looks like teams have to go to several stalls to collect the Pho Ga ingredients, and they collect the basket from the lake in the intro (by the looks of it)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2013, 11:03:22 AM »
Are they waiting for this Gallery 42 to open? I see an opening hours: 9am - 6pm in this picture. :)

Yay! I was right after all! :hearts:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2013, 01:00:52 PM »
I think Wynona missed a golden opportunity to step up in the Hanoi ROADBLOCK. The word memorization was a major challenge, but why should Chuck be forced to do it when he should be reserved for major physical challenges. I think we were seeing why Wynona deserves her self-imposed label of the worst individual performer left in AR22. Wait until Chuck maxes out of ROADBLOCKs and Wynona has to do all of them to stay in the race. That are toast at that point.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:45:41 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2013, 01:54:57 PM »
I think there was something in the RB instructions about RUN TO...that threw her off. She assumed that running meant Chuck should do this one. Chuck did well, but she could have done it too, she seems very observent.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Smugleaf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2013, 04:52:59 PM »
I think there was something in the RB instructions about RUN TO...that threw her off. She assumed that running meant Chuck should do this one. Chuck did well, but she could have done it too, she seems very observent.

Didn't Wynona explicitly say "I'm afraid to run" when she and Chuck read the clue? :lol3: I really do hope they stay in the race for at least two more legs, just to have Wynona actually do something, lest they decide on taking a penalty xD

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2013, 05:01:49 PM »

Didn't Wynona explicitly say "I'm afraid to run" when she and Chuck read the clue? :lol3: I really do hope they stay in the race for at least two more legs, just to have Wynona actually do something, lest they decide on taking a penalty xD

:hello2: and  :welcome2: to the R.F.F., Smugleaf.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2013, 06:15:50 PM »

:bigwelcome to RFF, Smugleaf!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2013, 06:21:25 PM »

I don't believe it would directly involve taking a penalty. It would involve Wynona having to do a ROADBLOCK that she is unqualified for. That will either result in a lengthy task performance or a 4 hour penalty, which would almost certainly mean elimination.

Offline Smugleaf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2013, 07:51:46 PM »
I don't believe it would directly involve taking a penalty. It would involve Wynona having to do a ROADBLOCK that she is unqualified for. That will either result in a lengthy task performance or a 4 hour penalty, which would almost certainly mean elimination.

Exactly, this bodes for an exciting second half of the race, regardless of Wynona stepping up to the plate or not^^

Oh and thank you for welcoming me :D