Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 5 "Your Tan IS Totally Cool"  (Read 69779 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 22 Ep 5 "Your Tan IS Totally Cool"
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2013, 01:25:16 AM »
That actually looks yummy!!

Doremon...what does this mean?
hien tai la nguyen khi quoc gia
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2013, 01:26:24 AM »
Thank you Doremon and  :welcome2: to RFF!

I was thinking the phở making would be ridiculously easy, but I suppose the challenge is in finding the shops with the ingredients and taking them back to the food stand. I'd still likely choose this over the human chess (if that's the other side of the detour). Unless it has 15 ingredients like Kamineko's version.  :whoa

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2013, 01:33:03 AM »
:tu doramon and paradoxinee for helping us!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2013, 01:33:48 AM »
Thank you Doremon and  :welcome2: to RFF!

I was thinking the phở making would be ridiculously easy, but I suppose the challenge is in finding the shops with the ingredients and taking them back to the food stand. I'd still likely choose this over the human chess (if that's the other side of the detour). Unless it has 15 ingredients like Kamineko's version.  :whoa
Well, it's not MY version, I just took it from other website. :lol:

Anyway, I think that maybe some shops have more than one ingredient to be taken. Maybe they collect all the herbs from one shop, and then find the chicken in other shop, and so on. However, in the website, it said that the cooking time is 3 hours (which is too long, imo). So, maybe some of the ingredients are already given (the broth, for example), so they just find all the ingredients, go back to the stand, put all of them to the bowl, and pour the broth? :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2013, 01:45:38 AM »
THERE IS NO WAY that D and C could do this:

"Your Tan is Totally Cool--At the Detour Decision Point, Roller Derby moms Beth (left) and Mona (right) must perform the Mua Sapa, the Vietnamese bamboo dance, in order to receive the next clue on, THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline doremon.0504

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race Forever
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2013, 01:58:58 AM »
That actually looks yummy!!

Doremon...what does this mean?
hien tai la nguyen khi quoc gia
Google translate: "The talent is foundation of the nation"
It is relatively true.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2013, 02:27:59 AM »
"Hiền tài là nguyên khí quốc gia" can be translated as "The talents are national resources".

For Phở Gà challenge, I think they have a list of ingredient (in Vietnamese) and they must find all of them in many different streets. Actually, you can get lost in Hanoi because in that area of Hanoi, the names of streets are very confusing for foreigner (most of streets start with "Hàng" sush as Hàng Đào, Hàng Gà, Hàng Bạc... Also, they must serve Phở Gà to some customers, maybe.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2013, 02:33:33 AM »
THERE IS NO WAY that D and C could do this:

"Your Tan is Totally Cool--At the Detour Decision Point, Roller Derby moms Beth (left) and Mona (right) must perform the Mua Sapa, the Vietnamese bamboo dance, in order to receive the next clue on, THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Actually, it's Múa Sạp, not Mua Sapa (Sapa is a famous sightseeing city in the north of Vietnam). It's very easy dance routines. You only need to do with rhythm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJs7nV01dU4

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2013, 02:37:17 AM »
I have heard from some Vietnamese friends that in Hanoi there are streets called Fish Street, Beans Street, etc because fish or beans or whatever was sold there. Maybe this would tie into the Pho Detour?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2013, 02:42:26 AM »
I have heard from some Vietnamese friends that in Hanoi there are streets called Fish Street, Beans Street, etc because fish or beans or whatever was sold there. Maybe this would tie into the Pho Detour?

Yes, it's true but only in the past. Like Hàng Gà - Chicken Street, in the past, all the streets sold chicken but now, they don't.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2013, 02:48:32 AM »

"Your Tan is Totally Cool--In this Road Block, Married couple Wynona (left) and Chuck (right) must search through hundreds of posters to find one with the quote "Glory to the Younger Generation" in order to receive the next clue on, THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

For this task, as I see, all the poster have the phrase "Vinh quang thay thế hệ thanh niên chúng ta" ("Glory to the younger generation". So I think most of poster will have typo. They must remember exactly the words in flowers to find the right one.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2013, 03:01:50 AM »
Mua Sap challenge takes place in Công viên Thống Nhất (Thong Nhat Park). I can't find a photo of that place but I found this photo. It is the yellow part behind Derby Moms.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2013, 03:06:34 AM »
One more thing, checking mat for this leg is the same place which was used as checking mat for The Amazing race Vietnam 1 leg 1.

Offline doremon.0504

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race Forever
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2013, 03:26:29 AM »
Pit stop: National Museum of Vietnamese History

jiajia12

« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2013, 04:55:31 AM »
I think its safe to say Dave/Connor will quit here
Joey/Mehgan/Mona/Beth will be last but non elimination

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2013, 04:58:05 AM »
I found Joey & Meghan video interview here http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8399731  in this video (01:50) they are talking about hunting scorpions, which is one of the challenges in Botswana. It means they are safe in Vietnam

jiajia12

« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2013, 05:38:33 AM »
Yes, this leg is non elimination . Dave/Connor will quit

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2013, 05:50:16 AM »
What is meaning of U-turn when it's a NEL @_@

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2013, 05:52:17 AM »
What is meaning of U-turn when it's a NEL @_@

It's an elimination leg, but considering Dave/Connor quit and surely will be eliminated, the 7 remaining teams will be safe through this leg.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2013, 06:00:19 AM »
So maybe Dave & Conner will be first for three times in a row. They satisfied and decided to quit.

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2013, 06:09:02 AM »
So maybe Dave & Conner will be first for three times in a row. They satisfied and decided to quit.

There's no way Dave could do bamboo dance. I think they just hit the pitstop to be eliminated.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2013, 08:26:20 AM »
the "crushing" news might be a reference to Dave's worsening feet, I guess? :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2013, 08:44:01 AM »
It says ROADBLOCK, but it show a route info clue and the caption says they are both doing it.  :crazy:

"Your Tan is Totally Cool--In this Road Block, Married couple Wynona (left) and Chuck (right) must search through hundreds of posters to find one with the quote "Glory to the Younger Generation" in order to receive the next clue on, THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2013, 08:52:49 AM »
It says ROADBLOCK, but it show a route info clue and the caption says they are both doing it.  :crazy:

It could be the RI given after completing the RB.

"Your Tan is Totally Cool--In this Road Block, Roller Derby moms Mona (left) and Beth (right) must search through hundreds of posters to find one with the quote "Glory to the Younger Generation" in order to receive the next clue on, THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

jiajia12

« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2013, 11:09:20 AM »

Making pou,carrying things,find the right phase,jumping on sticks,human chess

How many tasks is there?