Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 5 "Your Tan IS Totally Cool"  (Read 69623 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 22 Ep 5 "Your Tan IS Totally Cool"
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2013, 10:48:26 PM »
I think there are more than three words in "flowers". Those words are "Niên" and "Chúng Ta", I guess. "Niên" means "Year" and "Chúng ta" means we or us. Thus, it makes nonsense if there are only those three words.
:hello2:! :welcome: to RFF, paradoxinee! :hearts:

Thanks for your input. I think it might be a slogan for a local festival though as it all translates into "Our year". The closest I can actually get to is unscrambling the nonsense "phrase" to "Ta Niėn" which is an area in Hanoi. You might be correct on more words.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2013, 11:01:46 PM »
I think there are more than three words in "flowers". Those words are "Niên" and "Chúng Ta", I guess. "Niên" means "Year" and "Chúng ta" means we or us. Thus, it makes nonsense if there are only those three words.
:hello2:! :welcome: to RFF, paradoxinee! :hearts:

Thanks for your input. I think it might be a slogan for a local festival though as it all translates into "Our year". The closest I can actually get to is unscrambling the nonsense "phrase" to "Ta Niėn" which is an area in Hanoi. You might be correct on more words.

:hello2:

Or maybe they will be the name of Detour: Niên or Chúng ta :)) I'm from Vietnam (Hanoi, actually) but I can't connect those words with anything.  :'(

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2013, 11:08:01 PM »

And this photo, it looks like a bar or something and I dont think it's in Hanoi. Maybe it's a night before when teams are waiting for flight. That's why Derby Moms have different outfits compared to their outfits in Hanoi.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2013, 11:13:07 PM »
Thanks Zouly!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, paradoxinee!! Wish we had found you sooner! :lol:

Could you look at all the flower pics here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28580.msg852653.html#msg852653

and see if anything jumps out at you?? Thanks so much!

And always possible that teams have to do/go one more place in Bali...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2013, 11:22:22 PM »

And this photo, it looks like a bar or something and I dont think it's in Hanoi. Maybe it's a night before when teams are waiting for flight. That's why Derby Moms have different outfits compared to their outfits in Hanoi.

Yupz... It looks like a place where teams gather on their way to Hanoi... And maybe they surprised/shocked of someone's flight got behind or something... Or knowing that JJ was eliminated with an express pass... Wynona could be the story-teller as she was the only one who waiting with Jessica last leg...

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2013, 11:26:08 PM »

Yupz... It looks like a place where teams gather on their way to Hanoi... And maybe they surprised/shocked of someone's flight got behind or something... Or knowing that JJ was eliminated with an express pass... Wynona could be the story-teller as she was the only one who waiting with Jessica last leg...

Oh that's maybe because they have alliance with YouTube and JJ. I think this is why Max & Katie target YouTube because they want that alliance got eliminated
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2013, 11:28:29 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, paradoxinee!! Wish we had found you sooner! :lol:

Could you look at all the flower pics here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28580.msg852653.html#msg852653

and see if anything jumps out at you?? Thanks so much!

And always possible that teams have to do/go one more place in Bali...

I saw all of them but I could not figure it out. We only saw a part of the stage and there are more words in other corners of the stage, I think.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2013, 11:41:33 PM »

I saw all of them but I could not figure it out. We only saw a part of the stage and there are more words in other corners of the stage, I think.

What about this one?!

Hope this could help... This was placed exactly in front of Temple of Literature on the exact same day of filming... (21 Nov)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2013, 11:49:39 PM »
Flower power!! Awesome Zouly!!

That could be...what does it mean please paradoxinee??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2013, 12:00:10 AM »
 ??? "Natural" gas day ???

:lol3:

My google translate just :fart
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2013, 12:09:13 AM »
I stumbled across some pictures from the Hanoi leg at http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-First-Look-at-This-Weeks-Episode-of-THE-AMAZING-RACE-20130312. They say they got them from CBS, but I can't find them at cbs.com. There's lots of new details in these, especially in the captions. I don't think we knew about the bamboo dance or making Pho Ga or the art gallery search.  I think it'll help clear up the words on the flowers too.

"Your Tan is Totally Cool--In Detour B, Married couple Chuck (center) and Wynona (right) must gather the ingredients and then make a Vietnamese soup called Pho Ga in order to receive the next clue on, THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Your Tan is Totally Cool--In this Road Block, Married couple Wynona (left) and Chuck (right) must search through hundreds of posters to find one with the quote "Glory to the Younger Generation" in order to receive the next clue on, THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Your Tan is Totally Cool--Hockey brothers Bates (left) and Anthony (right) learn about the anonymous Double U-Turn on, THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Your Tan is Totally Cool--At the Detour Decision Point, Roller Derby moms Beth (left) and Mona (right) must perform the Mua Sapa, the Vietnamese bamboo dance, in order to receive the next clue on, THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Your Tan is Totally Cool--In this Road Block, Roller Derby moms Mona (left) and Beth (right) must search through hundreds of posters to find one with the quote "Glory to the Younger Generation" in order to receive the next clue on, THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Your Tan is Totally Cool--In Detour B, Newlyweds Katie (center) and Max (right) must gather the ingredients and then make a Vietnamese soup called Pho Ga in order to receive the next clue on, THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:13:59 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2013, 12:21:28 AM »

Look at the words in the red circles:  Niên Chúng Ta   :yess: .
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2013, 12:22:46 AM »
Pretty sure chuck/wynona, joey/meghan and max/katie are on Old Quarter Streets, Hanoi...

Will further look and match the details..

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2013, 12:23:53 AM »
Google translates "Glory to the younger generation" into Vietnamese as "Vinh quang cho thế hệ trẻ" for what it's worth.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2013, 12:36:32 AM »
Yay for Plaidmoon! Those are the newest press pics, and they weren't there this afternoon! :lol:

And LOOK!! BLIND U-TURN!!

Hockey brothers Bates (left) and Anthony (right) learn about the anonymous Double U-Turn on, THE AMAZING RACE
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2013, 12:37:36 AM »
A DOUBLE U-TURN AWAITS THE TEAMS IN HANOI, VIETNAM AND ONE TEAM RECEIVES CRUSHING NEWS, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, MARCH 17

“Your Tan is Totally Cool”– The game gets personal as Teams face a Double U-Turn in Hanoi, Vietnam, and one Team faces crushing news, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

CHEAT TWEET: Would you U-Turn your fellow Racer for $1 million dollars? Find out Sunday, 3/17 in Vietnam #AmazingRace 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/14Tt23Z   

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline doremon.0504

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race Forever
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2013, 12:50:30 AM »
"Hiền tài" --> Cleverness
"Nguyên khí" --> basis, foundation,...
" của quốc gia" --> National

Offline doremon.0504

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2013, 01:00:27 AM »
Who can speak Vietnamese?  :hello2:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2013, 01:00:43 AM »
Thanks doremon! YIPPEE!

And :bigwelcome to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2013, 01:03:54 AM »
Even though it now appears irrelevant, can you please translate Zouly's flower sign for my peace of mind??

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28580.msg852951.html#msg852951r
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2013, 01:05:44 AM »
Detour B (the one that Max & Katie, Chuck & Wynona completed) seems to be a shameless revival of Maria and Tiffany's speedbump in Vietnam. :P

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2013, 01:13:09 AM »
Detour B (the one that Max & Katie, Chuck & Wynona completed) seems to be a shameless revival of Maria and Tiffany's speedbump in Vietnam. :P

Good Memory!

from wiki:

For this leg's Speed Bump, Maria and Tiffany had to prepare a serving of the Vietnamese soup phở for the Bến Tàu Du Lịch dockmaster by collecting the ingredients at a soup stand and then combining and serving him the completed phở -- In Cái Bè
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline doremon.0504

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2013, 01:19:03 AM »
Even though it now appears irrelevant, can you please translate Zouly's flower sign for my peace of mind??

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28580.msg852951.html#msg852951r
Word in "flower" : "Niên" = "Năm" = Year  ,  "Chúng ta" = We or us

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2013, 01:20:55 AM »
This task almost the same as in my TAR: CK! :lol:

Anyway, based on this link, here are the ingredients to make Pho Ga.

1 stewing hen, about 5 pounds
2 pounds chicken bones or chicken necks
4 quarts cold water
1 ounce fresh ginger, crushed
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 pound rice vermicelli (bun)
1 whole cooked chicken breast (2 halves), thinly sliced
8 to 12 fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnishing soup
4 to 8 fresh basil sprigs, for garnishing soup
4 fresh mint sprigs, for garnishing soup
2 cups fresh bean sprouts, for garnishing soup
2 limes, cut into wedges, for garnishing soup
2 to 3 sliced fresh jalapeno, Serrano, or Thai chile peppers, for garnishing soup
Sriracha chili sauce, for serving
Fish sauce, for serving

The ingredients are many.. :ascared
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*