Archive > The Amazing Race 22

TAR 22 Ep 5 "Your Tan IS Totally Cool"

<< < (47/50) > >>

David:
Maybe WRP just wanted to show that there is still some remembrances of the B-52, and it is just there. I don't think there has to be any further thought about it. It may not be a place that inspires happiness or joy, but not all the destinations are required to, at all. I don't see it should affect that much.

I am not from the US, and maybe get a wrong impression about the feelings American people have. Just my 2 cents.

georgiapeach:
Oh wow, WP, I did not know what the plaque said...  something that glorifies our guys being shot down does burn me... NOT a good choice for TAR. :(

Dånooky:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on March 21, 2013, 07:51:07 PM ---Oh wow, WP, I did not know what the plaque said...  something that glorifies our guys being shot down does burn me... NOT a good choice for TAR. :(

--- End quote ---
Still, it's a matter of perspective. Would it make you feel any different had it been an airplane form say...the UK or France?

georgiapeach:
No actually it wouldnt. :)

apskip:
I think that a B-52 in a lake is a fitting representation of what happened to Vietnam for nearly 10 years. U.S. bombing was intense. The fact that the Vietnamese people had made a memorial out of it is appropriate. I think World Race Productions was OK in using that in AR22. If some in the U.S. don't like it, so be it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version