Other Great Reality Shows > American Idol

Top 20 Semifinalists!

<< < (4/9) > >>

TexasLady:
I have enjoyed Zoanette but this latest performance, if you can call it that, was a disaster for her.  There was hardly any semblance of the original song.  It was the wrong song and her lack of ability to actually sing just proved how much she relies on performance and theatrics to excite the audience. I will be shocked if she is one of the top five girls.  The judges all criticized her song choice. None liked what she did.

I see VoteForTheWorst is pulling for her... What does that tell us?  :groan:

Jobby:
Noooooo Zoanette cannot make it. :(

TexasLady:
Tonight the semi-finalist competition for the boys. We'll see:

Curtis Finch
Elijah Liu
Paul Jolley
Charlie Askew
Devin Velez
Burnell Taylor
Cortez Shaw
Lazaro Arbos
Nick Boddington
Vincent Powell

I predict that the judges will have 2 wildcard choices to bring the numbers up to 12. Randy mentioned it last night and I think it will happen.

Jobby:
I was actually hoping for this structure:

TOP 4 GIRL VOTES MOVE ON, TOP 4 BOY VOTES MOVE ON.

4 WILDCARD, EACH JUDGE GETS TO CHOOSE ONE PERSON.

And since there is always a TOP 13 :res:, the person with the next most votes but not the TOP 4 BOY/GIRL moves on.

I trust the judges more than America, sadly.

Jobby:
Kree Harrison: Her voice... her voice <333 She's a tone lighter than Carrie Underwood but when she belts out high notes she's going places (RANDY IS RIGHT!)... LOL! Great song choice, I can imagine Carrie singing that song and getting a standing ovation from all the judges as well.
Grade: A

Amber Holcomb: Her voice sent chills down my spine. Goosebumps. LOVE IT. Love her voice, love the sincerity of the performance and loved how she controlled her vocals. Great song choice which showcased her vocals well and just realized she sound as if she was recording and not singing live as well! <3

Angela Miller: I haven't heard this song before. The fact that she made me fell in love with the song and want to buy it on iTunes means that she has got a successful rendition of it, sounds current and belted out a song that was soulful and touching. I like the inclusion of the band and drums at the back as well. + she's getting votes from all the hardcore Christian fans and Colton Dixon fans as well. SMART SONG CHOICE. Oh did I mention everytime she's on the piano, I just want to stop everything I was doing and watch her perform? :<3

Aubrey Cleland: Wow, this song really showcased her voice and I actually like the performance so much more than Candice's one, even if it wasn't the best vocals or what. She performed a pop song, sound recent, contemporary and really good. + she has the package, that's enough for another +.
Grade: B+

Candice Glover: She sang a really old school; fashioned style song and she won't appeal to the female voters, but definitely the older generation. Look if Tate Stevens can win X Factor, nothing is impossible. I like her vocals, her jazzy, smoothness in her voice. But I didn't like the song choice.
Grade: B+

Adriana Latonio: What a nice tone and voice quality, only to be hindered by a bad song choice which overpowered her voice. At some parts of her song, her pronunciation didn't even go through or she wasn't even heard. But she can sing, she really can sing and I like her voice! Her last note was amazing!
Grade: B

Brenna Steer: Good vocals, nice voice, snooze fest. I slept throughout. Nuff said.
Grade: B

Tenna Torres: She sang a nice and great song, but the number one thing you must do as a singer is you must be able to belt out all your lyrics, she literally muttered/mumbled out some of them and besides Janelle, she was the only one whom I heard flat notes. Sigh.
Grade: B-

Janelle Authur: Her voice reminds me of Kristy Lee Cook, but... she's obviously being outshined by Kree in the genre of country music. No matter how pleseant she sounds, her voice still sounds unstable and shaky at times. And not a really good song choice, really boring and may I say that she has the package and everything and it's such a pity.
Grade: B-

Zoanette Johnson: Too much rasp, it's not a raspberry competition. But she's going to be voted in anyway, sigh.
Grade: C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version