Other Great Reality Shows > Other Reality TV Shows & News

Hell's Kitchen 11

<< < (3/7) > >>

apskip:
It looks like TexasLady's prediction has been set up very nicely.

apskip:
HK11, Ep. 7

The resolution of the ending of the prior episode was that Mary, Nedra, Ray and Dan were all put on probation, lost their jackets and had one episode to win them back. The Challenge started with 6 Chinese dishes which had to be cooked from 5 ingredients each. Ingredient names were inside very large fortune cookies and carried to a board with chopsticks. Those 6 dishes were Chow Mein, Spring Roll, Dumplings, Soup, Fried Rice and Stir Fry. The “placers” on the board were Ja’nel and Jacqueline for Red and Ray and Dan for Blue. One individual from each team then had 40 minutes to cook one of the dishes.  Anthony was shown having visible problems with his Chow Mein. The very special judge for this challenge was Martin Yan from “Yan Can Cook.”  He was a bit hammy but entertaining. You got the idea that he would follow Ramsay’s Rules in assuring that the score would be tied going into the last item.

Those results were:
Fried Rice –     Dan 0 (despite his claim to fame as from living there) Jacqueline 1 
Stir Fry –         Jon 1 Jessica 0
Spring Roll –   Barret 1 Nedra 0
Dumplings –   Ray 0 Cyndi 1
Soup -            Michael 1 Ja’nel 1
Chow Mein –  Anthony 1 Susan 0

That made the final score Blue 4, Red 3. Even though both Ray and Dan had failed to score points for their team, they were given their jackets back by Ramsay. The men went off to the surprise reward of playing paintball. The punishment for the Red team was to prepare for both kitchens pot stickers and dumplings and eat a lunch of balut eggs, which disgusted several of them with the beaks and feet visible when the egg is opened.

Ramsay announced that there would be VIPs at chef tables in each kitchen. Ja’nel and Ray were assigned to do tableside service of dim sum. Ray was a bit slow in doing his. Nedra cooked some delicious risotto at the beginning of dinner service and earned her jacket back. Soon Mary did the same. Anthony got kudos for getting Blue appetizers out swiftly. Barret sent raw shrimp to the pass for an order for their VIP table. Susan had raw lamb and then dropped a replacement one on the floor. Dan’s lamb was OK, which Dan interpreted as meaning he was anointed by God. Dan also sent up good Wellingtons. Barret had the last ticket with 2 halibut but ran into problems with it by cooking it with the parchment still on and having to redo it. That kept a table of 6 elderly ladies waiting.

Ramsay stated that both teams lost again. They were to nominate the 2 individuals they most wanted to get rid of. It was no surprise when the Red team nominated Jessica and Susan. It was also no surprise (except to Dan, who believed his own press clippings) when Blue again nominated Ray and Dan. Jessica was eliminated.

The women are consistently coming up with “I am a fighter. I will get better! I need to stay in Hell’s Kitchen” rhetoric, but that is not matched by their performance in the kitchen. I hear it as the whining of losers.   

TexasLady:
It sure seems like a weak bunch this year.  :hellkitchen

I still see no standouts!

apskip:
I agree that nobody has really emerged as the inside track candidate. The closest is Michael at this point. Ramsay's blindfold taste testing will be very important in his identifying who the real talent is.

TexasLady:

--- Quote from: apskip on April 22, 2013, 04:49:31 PM ---I agree that nobody has really emerged as the inside track candidate. The closest is Michael at this point. Ramsay's blindfold taste testing will be very important in his identifying who the real talent is.

--- End quote ---

Good point apskip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version