Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 3 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 23040 times)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Will Dave & Connor keep racing?

The race continues in Bali... I guess Joey likes monkeys. Caroline reaches her breaking point at the roadblock. Memory task with surfboards?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Race continues in Bali.

Caroline reaches a breaking point and Dave and Connor are featured, will they drop out?

Luke WILL NOT approve of the SURFBOARDS Roadblock. :lol3:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Those surfboards are giving me TAR14 deja vu. :lol3:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Thanks everyone! This was a great episode!

Current position at Roadblock:
Jessica and John
Pamela and Winnie
Caroline and Jennifer

Chuck and Wynona and Mona and Beth and Joey and Meghan before Bates and Anthony and Max and Katie.

SELF-DRIVING LEG <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Oh, it was a fun episode! I love it :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Loved the episode, yeah! Great one to watch live and see comments. Gone to bed. CU.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
I hated all the tasks - didn't give me any sense of New Zealand... other than that, a lot of fun drama, and such a nice story with Dave & Connor winning the leg! Average episode for me - the worst of the three so far this season, imo.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Love New Zealand! The Detour task is okay and the Roadblock <333

3/3 episodes <333 so far.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
We now know it's a keep on racing pit stop, but we don't know if this was an NEL or not.

One of the few legs in recent seasons when we had airport drama with the connections, and multiple bunching of all of the teams in Taihiti and at the first clue in/near Christchurch (with an overnight camping out in the tents.

The leg itself showed off the Christchurch area gloriously. Teams scheming, and plotting (or at least some of them) and the hockey brothers-hunt (shades of the twinhunt of season 3).

And at the TBC we literally have almost all the teams just completlng or in the middle of the roadblock.

No false drama this week; who came in last and did they survive due to an NEL?

We'll have to see what CBS leaks out in the photos for next week episode.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I like TBC legs because they're usually slow-paced <3333

except it ends up rushing the following episode.

Judging ON the episode, I hated the car task.. it's just a boring task and the only suspense is if they completed it within 83 seconds.

I loved that we got self-driving! :hearts:

I did NOT see D/C winning the leg :ascared I really thought they'd get last! But it was pretty low for them to use the Express Pass on the fishing. It seems they were too focused on getting 1st rather than facing at the potential ramifications. I would have saved it for something physically demanding .. here, they have TWO choices and the fishing one did not require much physical activity.

I'm back to hating Joey.. he always acts like he's filming a YouTube video so he's trying to be random. Idk, just hate him.

Loving Max & Katie :lol:

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
Max is frickin stubborn lol. I love when Katie does everything better than him. Guy was drivin like an idiot at the detour
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Leg 3 was a lot better than French Polynesia and it felt like classic Race again like all-stars. :luvya: The Detour was okay I guess. I personally thought the Rev Detour is cool, but the fishing choice would have been boring if it weren't for Chuck & Wynona. The Roadblock was just.... speechless. :lol:

Overall, the TBC was so horrible it was just "wow". If Dave & Connor quit after getting 1st in a boot, then that will NOT be acceptable. I will never forgive them for withdrawing.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well in going back and looking, my niece is in the shot where Chuck and Wynona are getting their tickets on the subsequent last flight (7.30) and high-five. She is right behind them to the left taking a video hahaha. My parents (who were wonderful in coming with me) and I are seen behind Dave and Connor in the distance as they get their tickets from the special assistance desk in the domestic terminal. I am in a green top and white loose-fitting pants, my Mom is to the right and my Dad is wearing a cap and to Mom's right. It was funny to see us on the actual episode and we are hoping our video with Dad, Chuck and Wy, and I makes it to the insider videos and we can watch it for the memory.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Well in going back and looking, my niece is in the shot where Chuck and Wynona are getting their tickets on the subsequent last flight (7.30) and high-five. She is right behind them to the left taking a video hahaha. My parents (who were wonderful in coming with me) and I are seen behind Dave and Connor in the distance as they get their tickets from the special assistance desk in the domestic terminal. I am in a green top and white loose-fitting pants, my Mom is to the right and my Dad is wearing a cap and to Mom's right. It was funny to see us on the actual episode and we are hoping our video with Dad, Chuck and Wy, and I makes it to the insider videos and we can watch it for the memory.
That's simply awesome! :hearts: I wish teams would start or end in Chicago like in season 6 so I can be an "unknown" poser or a useful & reluctant helper for a possible team encounter. Useful being to older or least likely to win teams, barely useless for dating or complaining teams. :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

And that would make FIVE Rffer's who would have been spotted on the show!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Kiwi <3 HOT AS HELL. :lol3: :conf: :hug?: :luvya:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Anyone realize if John and Jessica came in second place, they literally gave away first place to Dave and Connor? :lol3:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333

Chateau and who else?

Chateau and Coazty? (I must be wrong spell) that where he work spoiler in Australia and follow on TAR 18 during.  and I don't know who other.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
I don't like to judge book by its covers,

But take a good look at those two pit-stop interview of John&Jessica

We know the first one was in Bora-Bora

the second one, I am like 95% percent sure it was in Uluwatu temple (been there twice now :))

in the first one they looked so  :yess: :yess: :yess:
the second one  :groan: :groan: :groan:

hmmm... wonder what that means. I am just assuming though
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Pretty good leg, even had some self-navigation and they had to catch different planes as well.

This is the first time I remember a continuing leg actually having a prize at the end of the episode.  I guess it's a non-elimination, though I suppose it might be possible to have a leg continuation but an elimination for one team midway.

The cancer team actually got more interesting just because he is on crutches, at least that might take the focus off the cancer story now (I hope).  Not likely they will get to the end though, however the cliffhanger as to whether they would even continue this particular leg is scarcely believable.  Though there has been plenty of quitting so far in this race so I suppose it's not impossible.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Chateau and who else?

Chateau and Coazty? (I must be wrong spell) that where he work spoiler in Australia and follow on TAR 18 during.  and I don't know who other.

I'm not sure if it counts, but there were a couple of RFFer Twitter accounts shown during the hunt for Kaylani's lost passport in the first episode of Season 19. Georgiapeach and WalkingPneumonia, if I'm not mistaken.

If those count, that would mean no one besides maybe Chateau had been seen before Season 18. That would be surprising to me.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika

Chateau and who else?

I'm not sure if it counts, but there were a couple of RFFer Twitter accounts shown during the hunt for Kaylani's lost passport in the first episode of Season 19. Georgiapeach and WalkingPneumonia, if I'm not mistaken.

If those count, that would mean no one besides maybe Chateau had been seen before Season 18. That would be surprising to me.
Oh, wow! :o When was Chateau spotted? And in which season & episode was the other RFFers spotted? :o :o
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Other people mentioned Chateau. I'm not completely sure he's been on the show, but he's been at LAX so many times when teams are leaving on the first leg, I'd expect he's been in the background a few times while teams get filmed waiting for their flights.

Aside from what has been mentioned above (the twitter incident and Kiwi on last night's show), the only other one was Coutzy, who did a heroic job following teams around Sydney during the first leg on season 18. Without looking it up, I believe he was in the area once or twice while Kynt and Vyxsin were being filmed.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:49:09 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I forgot Coutzy. :groan:

Total now 7 and still counting!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I couldn't find if it has been mentioned yet but the greeter does indeed look like Phil's dad:  :tup:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders