Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 4 "I Love Monkeys"  (Read 73997 times)

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 22 Ep 4 "I Love Monkeys"
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »
maybe J&J get eliminated without using the express pass ??? hahahahaha :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2013, 10:19:57 PM »
A TREAT!!  :lol:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTMdJgn6CuU?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aTMdJgn6CuU?hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2013, 02:08:04 AM »
Loved this ep!
This season is on track to meet or exceed season 20, which is the BEST season post all-stars...if things keep up...it may even be comparable to a season PRE all stars :)

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2013, 03:56:04 AM »
This episode is pretty awesome. Except I dislike the fact that Conner is cheating in the RB and steal the first place again. I don't buy the cancer story. Correct me if I was wrong.
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2013, 06:17:18 AM »
This episode is pretty awesome. Except I dislike the fact that Conner is cheating in the RB and steal the first place again. I don't buy the cancer story. Correct me if I was wrong.

I don't really want to speak about the cancer

But yeah I found it pretty annoying he cheated on the RB.
Winnie didn't want to give it to you then don't cheat you loser!!!
Really it's not that he broke a rule and should be penalized, it was just a manner as a fair racer.

Stealing a cab, that's fine because the cab is not possessed to the racers, but stealing an answer is just  :dick

Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2013, 06:19:27 AM »

I don't really want to speak about the cancer

But yeah I found it pretty annoying he cheated on the RB.
Winnie didn't want to give it to you then don't cheat you loser!!!
Really it's not that he broke a rule and should be penalized, it was just a manner as a fair racer.

Stealing a cab, that's fine because the cab is not possessed to the racers, but stealing an answer is just  :dick

=Stealing $5,000

EACH.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2013, 07:37:11 AM »
I would have peek for the answers too. If I were stressed on the race, I would. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt because it's just dumb not to peek if given the chance.

BUT, I wouldn't then race the person whom I've got the answer from by cheating, for first place.

I wouldn't take the money without feeling guilty.

And I hate it because THEY STOLE THE WIN FROM AN ALL-FEMALE TEAM. :knuckles: :knuckles:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2013, 07:38:06 AM »
And I did not buy the cancer story since Leg 1. Sorry peach, I know you love them but for me they are just a really sneaky and cut-throat team. :res: :res: :res: :res: :res:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2013, 07:40:56 AM »
And I did not buy the cancer story since Leg 1. Sorry peach, I know you love them but for me they are just a really sneaky and cut-throat team. :res: :res: :res: :res: :res:

So???

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2013, 07:42:51 AM »
+ I think getting eliminated with the Express Pass will be the worst and most stupid mistake ever made by a team on the history of The Amazing Race. Nothing else tops that, not checking for an earlier flight (Rob and Amber), driving in the wrong directions (Debbie and Bianca), taking a cab to the pitstop and thus breaking the rule and getting eliminated (Kevin and Michael, Heather and Eve)... NOTHING TOP THIS.

They had so many chance to use the Express Pass and then they kept it in their pockets.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2013, 07:53:01 AM »

So???

So, it's my opinion? :res:

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2013, 09:30:10 AM »
+ I think getting eliminated with the Express Pass will be the worst and most stupid mistake ever made by a team on the history of The Amazing Race. Nothing else tops that, not checking for an earlier flight (Rob and Amber), driving in the wrong directions (Debbie and Bianca), taking a cab to the pitstop and thus breaking the rule and getting eliminated (Kevin and Michael, Heather and Eve)... NOTHING TOP THIS.

They had so many chance to use the Express Pass and then they kept it in their pockets.

A THOUSAND PERCENT AGREED ....
they actually made Misa&Maiya from TAR20 seemed a little bit better  :lol3:

I think I remembered posting something here about JJ thinking too much on who to hand over the 2nd EP that they forgot to use their own EP
that was supposed to be a joke
Well who knows turned out I was right ...  :lol3:

Well could you imagine if Dave hadn't injured his leg? Do you think they would still have the "sweet-Father/Son-we-survived-cancer-YOU-KNOW" editing? For me .................................. YES OF COURSE... they'll still have that kind a editing. We are supposed to love'em anyway Y'ALL...
it would be like
"hey you guys, sorry we u-turned you.it's because you know, we got cancer and we're injured"

Never liked'em in the first place. The only parent-child teams I ever adored so far was Nancy&Emily and Gary&Mallory. The rest were just either sucks or mean spirited, ... or both *cough*Susan&Patrick*cough* (well Ron&Christina too probably but they were mean to Nicolas&Donald. It was a little annoying for me seeing them minding other team's business)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:34:15 AM by BuuYaa »
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2013, 09:42:49 AM »
I would have peek for the answers too. If I were stressed on the race, I would. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt because it's just dumb not to peek if given the chance.

BUT, I wouldn't then race the person whom I've got the answer from by cheating, for first place.

I wouldn't take the money without feeling guilty.

And I hate it because THEY STOLE THE WIN FROM AN ALL-FEMALE TEAM. :knuckles: :knuckles:
*cough*AbbieandRyan*cough* :res:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »
I think Connor was a genious to look at the surf board. He wasn't cheating , and that was the right move , cause Pam & Winnie suck at navigation/directions and we all know that. They were so slow and dumb that always lost their 2nd place to Max & Katie.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »
I think Connor was a genious to look at the surf board. He wasn't cheating , and that was the right move , cause Pam & Winnie suck at navigation/directions and we all know that. They were so slow and dumb that always lost their 2nd place to Max & Katie.

Please give the teams some respects. They are not "dumb" enough so far to lose a leg. I just hate Conner's attitude that he did not even have any guiltiness after peaking Winnie's board and stealing the win, which he had already known what he was looking for. Also, not only Winnie but most of the team members who perform the RB had hard time to navigate the PS.  Plus, this time they won their 2nd place from Max & Katie.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »
So you people actually would NOT have peeked at Winnie's correct board just in case - while in the heat of the race? I find that hard to believe. Kudos to him for having a look when he had the chance. For goodness sakes, you cannot think if you were racing you would not do the same. Countless teams have tried to look at other teams work / correct answer! Gosh.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »
I have a real problem with people who want to say that a team whose cast bio makes clear that both members on the team were diagnosed and treated for cancer and are in remission are lying. If you think that is a lie, prove it. Otherwise, don't be so damn irresponsible with such comments.
-- theschnauzers

laimis

« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2013, 04:31:29 PM »
Someone said that they're lying about their cancer?  :ascared They even showed pictures on TAR22 (I don't remember which episode) when he was bold because of cancer

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2013, 05:41:42 PM »
The cancer story must not be a lie, but CBS should stop emphasizing. I have sympathy on them at first, but the editing makes their cancer story become annoying.
The production team should find a larger place probably like a beach or a park for the RB task, then the RB performers will get less chance to peek on the others. Winnie is somehow naive in the race. =[

Offline jostor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2013, 06:04:20 AM »
Even though CBS lied about some racer's backgrounds and relationships in the past I very much doubt they'd make things up about them being cancer survivors. That said though I think it was a garbage move to look at Winnie's board, I understand the stress of the race and I would probably have done the same in his situation, but that doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2013, 07:48:18 AM »
I do not like the father and son, but there's no way CBS is lying about their cancer.

Them "cheating" and winning the leg and getting cancer are two DIFFERENT THINGS. People, don't say such comments please. Them going through cancer is hard enough already, who would want to lie about such things? :res:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2013, 10:00:58 AM »
I didn't see that as anything other than a competitive move, one which I would likely have made also, if given the chance. I'm pretty sure Max & Katie, Caroline & Jennifer, or most of the other teams would have done the exact same thing.

I still like them and am rooting for them, even if nobody else is. And in this last episode we didn't see as much of them as we have in the past episodes, so I think editing is getting better.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2013, 11:43:01 AM »
I don't know where to draw the line between following another team's taxi (which I find acceptable) and stealing another team's answer (which I have objections to). Are these two things qualitatively different?

Anyway, when Pam/Winnie exit the construction "temple" (I think it might be a hotel or a meditation centre of some sort?) you see a "Kememai" shop across the street. That should put it half a minute's walk south of the Pura Desa Puseh (the blessing temple) according to this map. We also see a "Jalan Nyuh Gading" street sign as Bates/Anthony arrive, but it's such a small street that I can't find it on any map - the streets all seem to be named after colours though. The district is called "Nyuh Kuning", which is also the main street.
(kuning=yellow gading=ivory, jalan=road)

Anyone wants to try find where the other Detour option is along the Ayung River? "Gang Bucu" is again a tiny street that doesn't appear on maps.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:48:46 AM by Neobie »

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2013, 06:46:12 PM »
Just watched the episode. I didn't see anything wrong with what Connor did. Winnie should have put her hand over the sticker when she came back to the sufrboard area. It was Winnie's fault. She took the surdboard BACK to the surfboard site and didn't even cover it up!

Offline jostor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2013, 02:25:32 PM »
A taxi is not something that's "yours" the taxi driver can make his own choice of who he wants to drive or not. Peeking on another teams solution like that is very borderline cheating, but then again, Winnie should have covered it up better.