Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 4 "I Love Monkeys"  (Read 73828 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 22 Ep 4 "I Love Monkeys"
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2013, 09:06:40 PM »
Just for clarification, Pura Desa Puseh Temple is the one Chateau found. Wikimapia labels it as "Pura Kayangan Puseh - Desa Pekraman Singakerta". "Pura" = "temple", "kayangan" = "heaven", "desa" = "village".

So now that the temple's been accounted for, no need for a U-Turn!

River
Jessica/John, Mona/Beth
Temple
Chuck/Wynona, Joey/Meghan, David/Connor, Pamela/Winnie, Caroline/Jennifer, Bates/Anthony, Max/Katie

Updated ....

I'm thinking the shot that I found may have been misplaced on GE  (:;).  In that GE image, the placements of the buildings don't perfectly match this shot (video) from Pond5 which, right now the best representation of the place.

I have included another possible location from GE below.  But the general blurriness makes it hard to be sure.   :'(

pond5
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:31:30 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2013, 12:37:56 AM »

Thanks Nyoman!  Does this look about right for the location of the Pit Stop structure?

"From Here" should be about where your shot was taken from.  the yellow lines are used to line up features in your shot with features we see from the satellite.

[/quote]

this is the right one

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2013, 01:23:03 AM »
It's speculated that John & Jessica are the team to be eliminated this leg, and due to our future sightings of other teams, they probably are. What puzzles me is HOW?! They are physically and mentally one of the strongest teams left, not to mention they have an Express Pass! Here's my theory: they play the EP on the Detour, but they're screwed over by the Roadblock.

Judging by the 'looks' of our Detour, neither option seems difficult enough for John & Jessica not to complete. Then I saw this:

“I Love Monkeys!”– another Team makes history while trying to avoid elimination

This 'hint' from the episode preview is probably the reason why John & Jessica get eliminated. But the question is, HOW?! From the previews it seems as though Caroline struggles terribly with the Roadblock. Possibly, she takes a 4 hour penalty and they survive because Jessica takes so long? I have no idea. I guess we'll have to wait and see  :o

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2013, 01:58:46 AM »
 :hrt: The HISTORY screencap is over Jennifer... perhap the history refers to her and not JJ?

OR it could be referring to Dave/Connor completing this leg while so badly injured.

OR something to do with JJ.

Lots of choices.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2013, 02:28:02 AM »
:hrt: The HISTORY screencap is over Jennifer... perhap the history refers to her and not JJ?

OR it could be referring to Dave/Connor completing this leg while so badly injured.

OR something to do with JJ.

Lots of choices.

I think Dave & Connor might survive if they encounter a non-physical Detour. Ultimately, they will get eliminated if the son max out his roadblocks.

And I still don't see how JJ gets eliminated holding the EP.
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2013, 03:20:13 AM »

"I Love Monkeys!"-- In Detour B, Married couple Wynona (left) and Chuck (right) must assemble an elaborate religious offering known as a "Gebogan" then take it to the Pura Desa Puseh Temple for a blessing in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

:hearts:   i was expecting Gebogan or Penjor challenge in Bali and they did the Gebogan, although i prefer the Penjor. Making Penjor is much harder than Gebogan. Gebogan is commonly made by women, while Penjor made by men.

Penjor

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2013, 04:23:19 AM »
It's speculated that John & Jessica are the team to be eliminated this leg, and due to our future sightings of other teams, they probably are. What puzzles me is HOW?! They are physically and mentally one of the strongest teams left, not to mention they have an Express Pass! Here's my theory: they play the EP on the Detour, but they're screwed over by the Roadblock.

Judging by the 'looks' of our Detour, neither option seems difficult enough for John & Jessica not to complete. Then I saw this:

This 'hint' from the episode preview is probably the reason why John & Jessica get eliminated. But the question is, HOW?! From the previews it seems as though Caroline struggles terribly with the Roadblock. Possibly, she takes a 4 hour penalty and they survive because Jessica takes so long? I have no idea. I guess we'll have to wait and see  :o

Love your theory, Supah. So, no actual evidence for the U-Turn.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2013, 04:31:23 AM »
I'm slightly confused by CBS' caption labeling the temple as Pura Desa Puseh.

From Chateau's link:
Every village has at least three temples: the Pura Desa, where religious festivals are celebrated, the Pura Dalem for the Goddess of Death (this is the place where the funeral cremation rites start), and the Pura Puseh that is dedicated to the Gods of Heaven.

Is this a double temple or did CBS just fudge the name of the temple?

Chateau, Bing has a clearer map than Google, but I can't match our temple up to either site.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:35:46 AM by Neobie »

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2013, 04:52:28 AM »

i was thinking the same thing. JJ probably use their EP on the Detour and then struggled at the roadblock.
These pics are from the roadblock. they run back and forth carrying a surfboard in a place like this. No wonder Caroline's so tired & frustrated

We saw Caro & Jen here (in the preview). There is a short staircase (circled). Team must use that to reach the pit stop

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2013, 05:11:37 AM »
OMG! That Roadblock was TOUGH!!! :ascared I can feel their struggle when carrying the surfboard up and down the stairs... GOOD JOB ON THE PICTURES, NYOMAN!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Well, I think either John & Jessica were too rushed when they used the EP on Detour (if that's true), or the Detour is same as hard as the Roadblock... :ascared
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2013, 06:08:25 AM »
Here's my theory on "ONE TEAM MAKES HISTORY WHILE TRYING TO AVOID ELIMINATION"

It's probably something simple like John/Jessica probably use their Express Pass at some point during the leg but get eliminated on the same leg - never happened on the US edition, correct?

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2013, 06:26:30 AM »

It's probably something simple like John/Jessica probably use their Express Pass at some point during the leg but get eliminated on the same leg - never happened on the US edition, correct?

I THINK YOU HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!! :yess: :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2013, 06:31:28 AM »
I'm slightly confused by CBS' caption labeling the temple as Pura Desa Puseh.

From Chateau's link:
Every village has at least three temples: the Pura Desa, where religious festivals are celebrated, the Pura Dalem for the Goddess of Death (this is the place where the funeral cremation rites start), and the Pura Puseh that is dedicated to the Gods of Heaven.

Is this a double temple or did CBS just fudge the name of the temple?

Chateau, Bing has a clearer map than Google, but I can't match our temple up to either site.

That seems to be a non-town unspecific name:

There are three fundamental types of temple in every village. Pura Puseh (temple of origin) remains the most important and is reserved for founders of villages. It is always situated at the kaja end of the village.

In the middle of the village is the Pura Desa, which is for the spirits that protect and bless the villagers in their daily lives.

http://www.bali-directory.com/all-about-bali/Temples.asp
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2013, 06:39:42 AM »

Yes. It has never happened in the original US edition. I read on Wikipedia on the inaugural season of The Amazing Race Vietnam, Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa won the EP on its first leg and they used the EP on the third leg of that season, but they were eliminated. This was the first TAR franchise to do so.

What a shame and Indonesia is the home of elimination victims.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:58:41 AM by ApprenticeFan »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2013, 02:13:07 PM »
Here it is!!

Finally, I can see it in GE   :hoot:

Pura Desa Puseh Temple is in Nyuh Kuning (still Ubud area)

And it's only 2000 feet away from the original place that the mis-placed photo was located  :gaah:

(Picassa)

Look in the center of this GE image:

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:22:56 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2013, 03:25:16 PM »
Full resolution versions of these are now available:  CBS

Offline leenie

• RFF Newbie

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2013, 12:54:57 PM »
I can't figure out why Jessica's watch would say 19:35 ???

Peach, can you get a capture of that?  Maybe the watch is in stopwatch mode.  Because 19:35 is after sunset and they still have to get to the surfboard task place.  Which they do work on at near sunset.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2013, 12:57:24 PM »
I can't figure out why Jessica's watch would say 19:35 ???

Peach, can you get a capture of that?  Maybe the watch is in stopwatch mode.  Because 19:35 is after sunset and they still have to get to the surfboard task place.  Which they do work on at near sunset.

tell me the time and I'll try...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2013, 12:58:08 PM »
New Zealand time?

Bali is +7, New Zealand is +13 in the southern summer,
Moscow is +4 in its own time zone.
7.35pm New Zealand time > 1.35pm Bali time.

ND saw Joey/Meghan leaving the airport at around 11am, Bali time.
Driving time from the airport to Kenanga Hotel to the Money Forest is 1h22, according to Google.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:05:15 PM by Neobie »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2013, 01:07:43 PM »
Maybe she relies on John to keep the time in sync with the country?  Setting watch to local time is the first thing I would do while waiting to get off the plane.  Very strange.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:26:09 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2013, 01:32:06 PM »
Maybe their problem with this task is the sticks poking through the fruit?

I need to make a trip to Bali !

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2013, 01:57:13 PM »
capped it out but I can not see a clear time at all, sorry. I don't see the 19:35 either. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2013, 02:08:58 PM »
To the rescue! (I hope  :lol3: )
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2013, 02:09:19 PM »
I see 19:35 clear.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard