Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 4 "I Love Monkeys"  (Read 73822 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 22 Ep 4 "I Love Monkeys"
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »
Neobie...are we SURE this is not at Ubad? I was there once but it has been too long ago for me to remember... These are all from Ubad.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2013, 03:53:56 PM »
Dalem Temple, Ubad Entrance...sort of a terrace? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2013, 04:08:36 PM »
It would make a lot of sense for it to be at Ubud - we don't have time for more stuff in the episode - the grass could be recent landscaping, but I can't explain away the different background... The entrance archway at Ubud is much more intricate. Different angle or somewhere else in the compound?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2013, 10:09:56 PM »
Okay...just noticing that the "floor" is different...back to the drawing board!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2013, 11:34:10 PM »
Here is the location of the dancing task at the mystery temple:  (Panaoramio)

Note matching details in the image at the bottom. 

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:38:30 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2013, 11:41:51 PM »
Ubad after all!! :yess: NICE!

Thanks Chateau!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2013, 12:49:39 AM »
This shot was taken between 9:00 and 10:30 am (assumes November 20th).

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 02:56:18 AM »
Wikimapia labels it as the village temple of Singakerta, called Pura Kayangan Puseh... Couldn't find any other photos just yet... Good work Chateau! It's close enough to the Monkey Forest... Is it a Detour option or a U-Turn location?

We seem to have a lot of things going on in Ubud!
1. Route info with kecak dancers at Kenanga Hotel
2. Detour decision at Ubud Monkey Forest
3a. Clues inside coconuts with Chuck/Wynona, likely at Ubud Monkey Forest
3b. Cordoned-off 15-min task with Joey/Meghan at Ubud Monkey Forest
4. Gathering black sand (?) at, according to Nyoman, Ayung River, which is not in the Monkey Forest
5. Legong dancers at Singakerta, which is close to, but not in, the Monkey Forest

If the Joey/Meghan (= coconut?) task and the river task are two sides of a Detour, isn't it a little unbalanced? The river is a distance away from the Monkey Forest (short distance, but still a distance, say 10min), you get wet, it's physical, and the other task only takes 15 minutes? Is there the possibility of the river being in the Monkey Forest?

And would teams visit Singakerta at all or is it just stock footage?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:26:25 AM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2013, 08:25:19 AM »
Wikimapia labels it as the village temple of Singakerta, called Pura Kayangan Puseh... Couldn't find any other photos just yet... Good work Chateau! It's close enough to the Monkey Forest... Is it a Detour option or a U-Turn location?

The photo I found was labelled as Dalem Temple, Ubud, Neobie..it is within the Ubud forest!!

Also this copyrighted photo of near identical dancers is ALSO labelled Pura Dalem temple, desa Ubud
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kei-kecil/2841522645/

These Youtubes show the layout perfectly, especially the second.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1R8LX04wnQU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1R8LX04wnQU</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjQxAL8QEqs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjQxAL8QEqs</a>

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:32:12 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2013, 09:39:06 AM »
Peach, they're two different temples, similar-looking but not the same! The one Chateau found is not in the Monkey Forest, it's slightly outside of Ubud in a village called Singakerta.

Let's play spot-the-difference! :)
1. The gateway is sharp in Ubud, rounded in Singakerta.
2. A much more ornate base in Ubud, simpler stairwell in Singakerta.
3. A gap in the "fence" of the central altar, none in Singakerta.
4. The jagged triangular pattern along the gateway in Singakerta, none in Ubud.
5. The ground is tiled in Ubud, grassy in Singakerta.

4 and 5 are evident in the episode caps, meaning the dancers are at Singakerta, not at the Monkey Forest.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:58:55 AM by Neobie »

Offline CeCeKline

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2013, 09:43:24 AM »
I wonder if leg 3 is elimination leg... Did we see everyone in leg4 caps?  I cant see Pam and Winnie  :o

Pam & Winnie were spotted in Vietnam, to my recollection.

for sure Pam and Winnie are TEAM NO. 2. There were spoilers that Dave and Connor were with them in the flight from Brisbane/or Melbourne to Perth where the connection to Bali awaits. They did talk about getting "2ND place last leg"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2013, 09:48:18 AM »
I wonder if leg 3 is elimination leg... Did we see everyone in leg4 caps?  I cant see Pam and Winnie  :o

Pam & Winnie were spotted in Vietnam, to my recollection.

for sure Pam and Winnie are TEAM NO. 2. There were spoilers that Dave and Connor were with them in the flight from Brisbane/or Melbourne to Perth where the connection to Bali awaits. They did talk about getting "2ND place last leg"

Yes CeCe we know. Supposedly just in front of Hockey.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2013, 09:56:39 AM »
Peach, they're two different temples, similar-looking but not the same! The one Chateau found is not in the Monkey Forest, it's slightly outside of Ubud in a village called Singakerta.

Let's play spot-the-difference! :)
1. The gateway is sharp in Ubud, rounded in Singakerta.
2. A much more ornate base in Ubud, simpler stairwell in Singakerta.
3. A gap in the "fence" of the central altar on the left, none in Singakerta.
4. The jagged triangular pattern along the gateway in Singakerta, none in Ubud.
5. The small altar to the right faces left-right in Ubud, but front-back in Singakerta.

4 and 5 are evident in the episode caps, meaning the dancers are at Singakerta, not at the Monkey Forest.

Arrrgh, Making my eye appt now!! :groan:

Thanks!

Still, the Udud temple dancers seem to match, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2013, 10:17:10 AM »
So we have a Detour task within the Monkey Forest (taking 15min, probably the coconut task) and another task on the river... and then a location after that in the same vicinity...

Are we due for a U-Turn?

Possibly?:
Kenanga Hotel - Detour Decision
Monkey Forest - Detour A (Chuck/Wynona, Joey/Meghan, David/Connor)
Ayung River - Detour B (Jessica/John, Mona/Beth)
Singakerta - U-Turn
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:28:13 AM by Neobie »

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2013, 10:20:38 AM »
Sorry to keep you waiting. so i went to Uluwatu beach this afternoon and took some pictures. here's the pit stop. the wooden terrace is not there anymore. so i think they created that special for Amazing Race.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2013, 10:46:51 AM »
So we have a Detour task within the Monkey Forest (taking 15min, probably the coconut task) and another task on the river... and then a location after that in the same vicinity...

Are we due for a U-Turn?

Possibly?:
Singakerta - U-Turn

WHAT? another U-turn in Indonesia? What do we look like some evil country to you people :haha  :werock

Although, it would be interesting to have a U-turn in Bali.  :conf:  :yess:

Indonesia is gonna have its 6TH victim.  :killme:

This could be a lesson though to future racers. If you are having a leg in Indonesia, WATCH OUT! IT'S ALWAYS AN ELIMINATION LEG  }:> }:> }:>

Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »
Sorry to keep you waiting. so i went to Uluwatu beach this afternoon and took some pictures. here's the pit stop. the wooden terrace is not there anymore. so i think they created that special for Amazing Race.
Awesome job, Nyoman! :hearts: :hearts:
Anyway, it's surprising that the wooden terrace was made special for Amazing Race, I think I've never seen anything specially made for the Pit Stop like that before! :o
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »

Are we due for a U-Turn?

Possibly?:
Singakerta - U-Turn

WHAT? another U-turn in Indonesia? What do we look like some evil country to you people :haha  :werock

Although, it would be interesting to have a U-turn in Bali.  :conf:  :yess:

Indonesia is gonna have its 6TH victim.  :killme:

This could be a lesson though to future racers. If you are having a leg in Indonesia, WATCH OUT! IT'S ALWAYS AN ELIMINATION LEG  }:> }:> }:>

there is possibility, although CBS didn't show it in the preview. If it's true, maybe Jess & John will be the victim and they will use their express pass. Max/Katie & Bates/Anthony don't like JJ. maybe one of them U-turn JJ  :happy:

TAR 19: double elimination in Yogyakarta (leg 2), and then 1 elimination in Borobudur (leg3)
TAR 21: double blind U-turn, 1 elimination in Surabaya (leg 2) and 1 elimination in Bangil (leg 3)
i'm sure Bali is elimination leg. If there is U-turn/Double U-turn in Bali, Indonesia will be the cruelest country in TAR history   :bounce
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:38:03 AM by nyoman_sb1 »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2013, 12:30:48 PM »
I'm really expecting a U-Turn. Also expecting to see Dave & Connor using it.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2013, 02:24:41 PM »

Thanks Nyoman!  Does this look about right for the location of the Pit Stop structure?

"From Here" should be about where your shot was taken from.  the yellow lines are used to line up features in your shot with features we see from the satellite.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2013, 06:41:29 PM »
ONE TEAM MAKES HISTORY WHILE TRYING TO AVOID ELIMINATION AND ANOTHER IS BROUGHT TO TEARS BY THE STRESS OF THE RACE, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, MARCH 10

“I Love Monkeys!”– The stress of the Race brings one Racer to tears and another Team makes history while trying to avoid elimination, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

CHEAT TWEET: What do U get when U mix surfboards, monkeys, tears & an #AmazingRace first? Teams head 2 Bali this Sun 3/10 8pmET/PT   

"I Love Monkeys!"-- In Detour B, Best friends Pam (left) and Winnie (right) must assemble an elaborate religious offering known as a "Gebogan" then take it to the Pura Desa Puseh Temple for a blessing in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"I Love Monkeys!"-- In Detour B, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must assemble an elaborate religious offering known as a "Gebogan" then take it to the Pura Desa Puseh Temple for a blessing in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"I Love Monkeys!"-- In Detour B, Married couple Wynona (left) and Chuck (right) must assemble an elaborate religious offering known as a "Gebogan" then take it to the Pura Desa Puseh Temple for a blessing in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"I Love Monkeys!"-- In Detour B, Hockey brothers Bates (left) and Anthony (right) must assemble an elaborate religious offering known as a "Gebogan" then take it to the Pura Desa Puseh Temple for a blessing in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"I Love Monkeys!"--In Detour B, Newlyweds Max (left) and Katie (right) must assemble an elaborate religious offering known as a "Gebogan" then take it to the Pura Desa Puseh Temple for a blessing in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:47:14 PM by bc922 »

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2013, 06:59:37 PM »
I think if there is a U-Turn, the target would definitely be on John/Jessica. The other teams would want their express pass gone. Could that be why they lose their express pass early?
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2013, 07:01:41 PM »
Just for clarification, Pura Desa Puseh Temple is the one Chateau found. Wikimapia labels it as "Pura Kayangan Puseh - Desa Pekraman Singakerta". "Pura" = "temple", "kayangan" = "heaven", "desa" = "village".

So now that the temple's been accounted for, no need for a U-Turn!

River
Jessica/John, Mona/Beth
Temple
Chuck/Wynona, Joey/Meghan, David/Connor, Pamela/Winnie, Caroline/Jennifer, Bates/Anthony, Max/Katie

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »
I think if there is a U-Turn, the target would definitely be on John/Jessica. The other teams would want their express pass gone. Could that be why they lose their express pass early?

I remember in TARLA 3 that one of the teams had an argument about the same point:  U-Turn the team with the EP only to force them to use it.  They finally didn't do it, but the EP team later use it in the same leg to avoid elimination in the last task of the leg.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2013, 07:40:03 PM »
Usually the U-Turns are advertised in the caps...we have no evidence for one so far.

I am thinking the coconut thing could be a route marker of sorts??
RFF's Golden Rule: