Author Topic: Final Top Five Girls ~ Las Vegas  (Read 5074 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Final Top Five Girls ~ Las Vegas
« on: February 28, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »
In the sudden death competition, the last five girls were selected. They are in the order announced:

Zoanette Johnson - "Circle Of Life" from the Lion King. Elton John, 1994.
Aubrey Cleland - "Sweet Dreams" by Beyoncé Knowles (2008)
Candice Glover - "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin (1967)
Breanna Steer - "Bust Your Windows" by Jazmine Sullivan (2008)
Janelle Arthur - "Just A Kiss" by Lady Antebellum (2011)

Cut:
Melinda Ademi
Juliana Chahayed
Cristabel Clack
Jett Hermano
Rachel Hale

There is so much talent in the girls it had to be close for the ones who didn't make it. Melinda Ademi didn't pick the best song "Nobody's Perfect" by Jessie J (2011) She was nervous especially in the first part finally settling down for the end.

Rachel Hale is a sweet girl, always smiling and upbeat, perhaps she can try again next year and make it.

Jett Hermano played the piano, gave a good performance but apparently not good enough.

Cristabel Clack gave a very nice performance, she's 29, won't have another chance but hopefully will find another way to make it to stardom.

Zoanette gave another memorable performance. Keith, Nicki and Randy gave her a standing O at the end of her song.

Tonight the boys face their final sudden death competition. We'll see if any of them are memorable.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Final Top Five Girls ~ Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 06:04:07 PM »
Zoanette Johnson  She will be one we remember from this season! (Sorry about the commercial, it will go away..)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IUO55XtGrwc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IUO55XtGrwc</a>

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 04:27:56 AM »
Watching Idol now! :lol3:

Melinda Ademi, why did she do the Angela Miller song which she perfected last week? And her breathing... it's annoying. #goodbye
Score: 5/10
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:48:57 AM by Joab »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 04:48:39 AM »
Candice Glover: A great song choice, Natural Woman! Wow, I like it! But I feel that she didn't connect much with the audience... :(
Score 9/10

Zoanette Johnson: Shaky vocals at times, but what a great entertainer! I realized she can't really reach the low range :( But she will get through just fine, together with Candice. But at times she seemed like screaming. :(
Score: 7/10

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 04:53:19 AM »
As usual, Mariah at the back means she don't really know what to say at times. Maybe they should put Nicki at the back, she seems to be the one giving the most accurate and entertaining comments this season. Keith and Randy are really good too. I wished J Lo was still sitting there... she was a good judge!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 05:19:30 AM »
Oh, I accidentally clicked on JDA's performance because I thought it was a girl's performance. And gosh, I... don't know what to say about it.

Back to the girls then.

Janelle Arthur, very boring song choice. She sang a song meant for Angela, she should stick with Carrie Underwood. I hope the judges bring her back based on her potential! I feel that she has a really great potential to be a great country singer? Bring her back judges!
Score: 6/10

Julia Chahayed... I didn't like the starting... and I didn't like her voice/song choice either. A honest delivery but really, pitchy throughout. Is she allowed to try for Idol again if she doesn't make it? Because I feel if she join again in a few years, she will be a great polished singer? I felt that she should have gone with Taylor Swift. :(
PS: She has so many Youtube likes... am I alone here?
Score: 5.5/10

Cristabel Clack, a nice voice from the beginning. (I agree with Nicki, it was OUT OF CONTROL!) But why does she have to crack her voice so often? A lot of personality though. I felt that she tried to overdo a really simple song that should meant to be done acoustic. Not her way. :(
Score: 6/10

Breanna Steer, a lot of personality, reminds me of Rihanna, maybe she should attempt her song in future? This song felt lazy when it went to the chorus. :( It felt more like jazz, which doesn't suit her voice which I felt is more pop and contemporary.
Score: 6.5/10

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 05:33:04 AM »
Rachel Hale: What a sexy voice! She's got groove, but she lost it at the end. She was off-key, pitchy and she really blew it. That was awkward. What a pity! I really like her personality and everything but she really lost it at the end. :(
Score: 6.5/10

Jett Hermano: I got chills from the beginning when she started singing, but she sounded strained, or do you call that raspy :lol3: at times? But I like the arrangement, the whole sincerity of the performance and I wish she gets through to the next wrong! I agree with Randy and Nicki, something was missing and it was the climax that didn't come... :(
Score: 7.5/10

Aubrey: She has the whole package, singing is pretty karaoke-ish, she arranged Sweet Dreams to become even a slower song, which I don't think I really like. But overall, she hit all the high notes that she needed to hit, and she has an almost perfect performance. Plus, she's really likeable and she chose a song that people know... I don't really know if I want to go her through, but if she does, I'm probably okay with it..? Very honest and sincere, gorgeous and everything.
Score: 7/10

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 05:37:54 AM »
THE FIVE GIRLS I WANT TO SEE GO THROUGH (IN ORDER):
Candice Glover
Janelle Arthur
Aubrey
Jett Hermano
Zoanette Johnson (I don't really like her performance, but she's going to go through anyway)

Breanna Steer might take the last spot. If that's the case, I think Jett or Janelle goes home. :(
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:42:12 AM by Joab »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 05:47:36 AM »
PART 1: Zoanette, Aubrey and Candice! Omg.

Jett may not make it since she's after Candice...

OMG. Jett goes home. WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? :(

Then Breanna will make it. I'm really okay with it, come to think of it. Breanna has more star power and quality than Jett. :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 05:52:00 AM »
Rachel VS Janelle... Rachel lost it in the end. Janelle, not the best performance.

And Janelle goes through! PHEW!

Honestly of the five, only Candice really deserved to be there, Aubrey due to her star quality and because well, Janelle has a REALLY REALLY GOOD VOICE. Breanna... good night for her and she was lucky. Zoanette... I wished it was Jett taking her spot, but Rachel could have been there too if she chose a correct song!

But no one except Candice stood out... unlike last week!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 07:39:12 AM »
Zoanette is not the best singer in the group and she would benefit by having some professional training but the woman is an amazing performer. She takes over the stage and is mezmerizing. You just can't take your eyes away from her. 

She will be the big draw on the tour this summer and I really hope it comes to Austin this summer. (Or San Antonio.)

I always appreciate your analysis of the singers Joab.   :hrt:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 01:07:07 PM »
I hope Zoanette gets more training and more seasoned! She has a HUGE PERSONALITY and is a GREAT ENTERTAINER!

She's like a sweetie! One just can't hate her! :luvya: