Author Topic: BBCanada: Suzette Amaya  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
BBCanada: Suzette Amaya
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:52:01 AM »

Name: Suzette Amaya
Hometown: East Vancouver, BC
Occupation: Support Worker, Radio Producer and Host, Motivational Speaker.
Three adjectives that describe you: Outgoing, thoughtful and funny
Why did you want to be on Big Brother Canada?
I’m an uber fan! I’m a support worker helping with women and children dealing with addictions, mental health issues, fleeing abuse or living in poverty, and watched each season with them when I was working in a shelter. It was a chance for the women to get out of their own reality and enjoy watching something else, and I got addicted! I’m also excited to represent as an aboriginal person, a plus size woman and a mom on the show – it’s a dream come true!
Do you have a strategy going into the show?
I think the skills I’ve attained through my education and overcoming adversity will be a big help. I also plan to do some manipulating, some stroking of egos, riding some coattails and floating my way to the top. I’ll be the ultimate floater!
Will you hide anything about yourself from the other houseguests?
My career experience – people won’t know I do support work and counselling and that my education is in criminology and anthropology. I don’t want people to feel that I’m a threat because of my life and professional experience. I just want them to think I’m a mom of three and a wife.
Do you think the physical or mental challenges will be more difficult for you?
The physical challenges will be the hardest part. I’m on the curvier side and have had three kids – my daughter is only one – so I’m still not in the greatest physical shape. I’m going to have fun out there though!
Describe your perfect day.
Being home with my family, enjoying some chai tea and TV, and going on a family outing and then going out at night to party with my girlfriends. I’m a true Gemini – I’m the Suzy Homemaker during the day and the wild puma at night!
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People who are judgmental and ignorant. I’m not fond of people who complain a lot. I also can’t stand being around people who judge others on their appearance.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:09:32 PM by Leafsfan »