Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 2 "Loose Lips Sink Ships"  (Read 55842 times)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 Ep 2 "Loose Lips Sink Ships"
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 11:03:24 PM »
This leg beats the Delhi-Delhi leg by miles. (Literally!)

Just a single leg of that... leg, say from the paint Roadblock to the bird hospital, was 12km. The leg total was probably around 45km (I forgot where the Pit Start was.) This leg we have on Bora Bora? Doesn't look like anything more than 5-6km from start to finish.

I sort of wish they'd combined these two legs into a two-hour premiere and a single elimination at the end of it. I don't even care if it means one less episode down the road! Leg One was waaaay too short task-wise, and Leg Two seems to be there as an addendum to Leg One...

I meant longer time-wise, not distant-wise.
To make up for that i hope the tasks are long.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2013, 12:37:48 AM »
BTW, does anybody notice in this pic that Wynona has what it looks like a clue in her right hand?

for some reason, it looks like a detour clue.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2013, 03:19:36 AM »
BTW, does anybody notice in this pic that Wynona has what it looks like a clue in her right hand?

for some reason, it looks like a detour clue.

You may be right!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2013, 03:31:26 AM »
Jet-skis look like they're going to Motu Tapu (Pit Stop island).

This scenario makes sense:
Start at Motu Cafe, Motu Piti Aau
Travel by boat to Hilton Bora Bora Nui
Hours of operation, alliance-talk (but it's quite far from the main jetty)
(Or alliance-talk allowed and filmed during E/S/M)
Blessing at Hilton
Detour by boat just off-shore
Change to jet-ski and head to Motu Tapu
Roadblock on Motu Tapu
Pit Stop on Motu Tapu

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2013, 06:19:34 AM »
Makes sense to me too, Neobie.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2013, 06:50:59 AM »
Is this a boat?

Or an island or a hut?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2013, 06:56:20 AM »
I'd say a hut, due to the white stuff (I presume rocks) around it. There's also a gaping black hole which I wouldn't attribute to ships.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2013, 08:27:03 AM »
My guess about the HoO is that it will only effect the first 6-7 teams, since we dont see any other teams when Chuck and Wyona are getting the blessing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 08:53:02 AM »
My guess about the HoO is that it will only effect the first 6-7 teams, since we dont see any other teams when Chuck and Wyona are getting the blessing.

But there are two other teams right in front of them as they are running along the path...perhaps to the blessing?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 09:01:28 AM »
Is this a boat?

Or an island or a hut?

Search Motu Tapu images there are a zillion. No huts off shore. Remember too we have other images in the PREVIEW here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28417.msg840588.html#msg840588

But it could be a water taxi?

Here is the dock:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/6588733
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2013, 09:05:50 AM »
From other racer caps, the stilts is on the side of an island facing open ocean.
I can't match mysterious object onto anything on/near Motu Tapu facing the open ocean.
Boats would dock on the lagoon side of the island, that's where the jetty is.
Hence I'm confused.

Perhaps a camera boat that's not docked? White = waves.
Or the Roadblock doesn't take place on Motu Tapu.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2013, 09:16:01 AM »

But there are two other teams right in front of them as they are running along the path...perhaps to the blessing?

And the closest one to them looks like a M/M team.  My guess: boat race and Chuck & Wynona that are surpassed by the twins (who arrived after them to the PS) on it.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2013, 09:17:34 AM »
We see the RB clue in Bates hand as he is running to the Mat. Boat could be hanging around.

I think this is the start:

This is from the PREVIEW above, Jennifer says "I am just SO tired". Clothes match those they are wearing THIS episode.

Is this the ?? Motu Cafe, Motu Piti Aau  ???  I can't find a photo match.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2013, 09:26:59 AM »
About the chat between the alliance members; it's a pity that we can't see clearly the time in John & Jessica watches.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:04:32 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2013, 09:52:17 AM »
Yeah, but no hope from my caps!

Boats maybe?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2013, 09:55:07 AM »
Y'all remember that every clip/promo/preview may have 800-1500 or more screencaps. Alenaveda and I try to choose the best ones, but if you ever think a series or one just before or just after  would be useful, just ask! I never throw anything away, lol!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2013, 10:36:30 AM »
PRESS PICS!

All pics courtesy of CBS.com/Robert Voets

"Loose Lips Sink Ships"-- In Detour B, Roller Derby mom Mona must walk the ocean floor in search of sunken treasure on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday Feb 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Loose Lips Sink Ships" -- In Detour B, Roller Derby moms Mona (left) and Beth (right) must walk the ocean floor in search of sunken treasure on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday Feb 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Loose Lips Sink Ships"-- In Detour A, Hockey brothers Bates (center) and Anthony (right) must harvest two red pearls from an underwater pearl farm before receiving the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday Feb 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Loose Lips Sink Ships"-- Newlyweds Katie (left) and Max (right) decide who will perform the Road Block onTHE AMAZING RACE, Sunday Feb 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Loose Lips Sink Ships"-- In this Road Block, Max (left) and Caroline (right) must balance on traditional Polynesian sparring stilts and kick a coconut across a beach in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday Feb 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Loose Lips Sink Ships"-- In this Road Block, teams must balance on traditional Polynesian sparring stilts and kick a coconut across a beach in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday Feb 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured from L-R: Pam, Max, Caroline, Katie, Jennifer, and Winnie Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Loose Lips Sink Ships"-- In this Road Block, Twin doctors Idries (left) and Jamil (right) must balance on traditional Polynesian sparring stilts and kick a coconut across a beach in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday Feb 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2013, 10:43:44 AM »
Roadblock

Joey
Pam
Max
Caroline
Chuck

Underwater Dining

Mona/Beth

Pearl Diving

Jamil/Idries
Bates/Anthony

100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »
So the two penalized team really caught up..  :hearts:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
Can't start the water tasks until there is enough daylight

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »
Good point! We also see Wynona arriving in full daylight, so my guess is extended pitstop as well, then some ort of HoOp??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »
Yes, that would fit with the Double LEG.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2013, 11:37:34 AM »
Good point! We also see Wynona arriving in full daylight, so my guess is extended pitstop as well, then some ort of HoOp??

Maybe the Blessing is, indeed, our HoO? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2013, 12:00:18 PM »
Yes, that would fit with the Double LEG.

And with the HOO.

Don't thinks so. That is a matter of hours, not days. And not uncommon for production to be there 3+ days on a regular leg..or longer. Lots of set up breakdown time.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2013, 12:05:42 PM »
That's weird...i think it might be a 24/18 hours Pit Stop?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard