Archive > The Amazing Race 22

TAR 22 Ep 2 "Loose Lips Sink Ships"

<< < (33/34) > >>

georgiapeach:

--- Quote from: Plaidmoon on February 26, 2013, 07:29:42 PM --- It was such a fair handed and unbiased commentary that I thought I'd pass it along for your enjoyment.

--- End quote ---

:colealert:   :lol: Inexplicably my foot!

Interesting though!!

RachelLeVega:
Guys, it seems like the ratings are dropping like flies this season reaching an all-time low of 6.95 viewers. :'( I do understand there was an Oscars ceremony that night, but even in season 14's Oscars show, ratings have done better. I'm a little worried since this new number is just scary for a reality competition.

apskip:

--- Quote from: Plaidmoon on February 26, 2013, 07:29:42 PM ---I found some reactions about episode 2 from a jet ski/water craft blog at http://watercraftperformance.com/2013/02/26/video-jetpilot-featured-on-the-amazing-race/#. It was such a fair handed and unbiased commentary that I thought I'd pass it along for your enjoyment...

According to the TV Guide recap, “After gaining their next clues, teams jet ski to Motu Tapu, the most photographed island in the South Pacific. 

--- End quote ---

Yes, I agree with the "rubbish factor" from TV Guide. They do not know they are talking about on statistics of "most photographed island." I make the assumption that almost all tourists visiting Oahu bring cameras and use them to photograph Diamond Head, the Arizona Memorial and other places. The official statistics for 2011 visits to Oahu were 68,455,517. I cannot find official statistics for Tahiti and Bora Bora, but unofficial statistics place Tahiti 2010 visits around 100,000 (a 25% reduction from 2009). Also, Bora Bora is the third in Society Islands visits after Tahiti and Moorea, so it would have a lower number. When you then take the chain from Bora Bora to Motu Tapu visitors get scarcer still.

When you compare Oahu to Bora Bora, you find that Oahu has at least 685 times as many visitors. Mota Tapu has an even higher ratio. TV Guide has obviously been attending the Bertram van Munster School of Hyperbole.

Please understand that I will not argue with the assertion that Motu Tapu is a beautiful place to photograph.

Plaidmoon:
I wouldn't blame TV Guide for that "most photographed island" quote. Phil said it during the show and TV Guide probably just accepted it without checking into it.

I'd argue however that Hawaii is well north of the equator (around 20 degrees N) and therefore is not in the South Pacific. Still, I agree with your argument about the limited number of visitors keeping the number of pictures down. I'd guess it would likely be either the North or South Island of New Zealand.

ianthebalance:
Anyone else find it odd that while lost, Pam and Winnie didn't drop any placements

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version