Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 39036 times)

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2013, 07:38:08 AM »

What's the dealio with an EP anyway? the only teams winning the race so far after using the EP were Ernie&Cindy and Rachel&Dave. besides, none of the teams using the EP in a leg that actually has won that particular leg.

TAR 17 -> Jill&Thomas got 5th place after using the EP in leg 4
TAR 18 -> Gary&Mallory got 2nd place after using the EP in leg 5
TAR 19 -> Ernie&Cindy got 2nd place after using the EP in leg 6
TAR 20 -> Rachel&Dave got 6th place after using the EP in leg 3
TAR 21 -> Natalie&Nadiya got 3rd place after using the EP in leg 8

[/quote]

i think the function of the express pass is to avoid elimination, not to win a leg. Jill/Thomas & Gary/Mallory were in last place at that time, so they had to use the express pass to survive. Dave & Rachel were not in last place, but still in a danger position so they decided to use it. Natalie & Nadiya had to use it because leg 8 was their last chance to use it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2013, 07:43:17 AM »
Although I've seen some on forums complaining about teams quiting the sandcastles together that actually made it a much closer ending than it might otherwise have been.  That final canoe journey didn't look that long and could well have done little to change the order had teams not started it together in last place.  So that was a bit of luck for this leg.

I recall the voiceover saying that the canoe distance was one mile.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2013, 01:04:40 PM »
Leg 1 was awesome. Let's just say I loved both Roadblocks and Bora Bora, and that this is a good season premiere.

Love all the teams (even Max and Katie!!), except... the twin doctors AND the youtube stars. They annoy the hell out of me.

Max and Katie are actually at least funnily honest people.

GREAT SEASON... for now!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »
The only thing I love about this TAR episode was Max and Katie and the sandcastles. Other than that, I think its R.I.P. TAR sooner or later now :(

I usually agree with you, but not this. I don't think TAR will ever lose their appeal. There's just too many diff types of people in the world and too many places in the world. With 2 variables, the dynamics are always changing and you get different types of epic moments from time to time.

TAR ALL THE WAY <333333333333333333333333

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2013, 01:09:34 PM »
The only thing I love about this TAR episode was Max and Katie and the sandcastles. Other than that, I think its R.I.P. TAR sooner or later now :(

I usually agree with you, but not this. I don't think TAR will ever lose their appeal. There's just too many diff types of people in the world and too many places in the world. With 2 variables, the dynamics are always changing and you get different types of epic moments from time to time.

TAR ALL THE WAY <333333333333333333333333

Great job in Casting , this year.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2013, 01:24:15 PM »
THIS. I agree the cast this year has a variety of NICE teams, nasty teams, competitive teams and underdog teams! The most boring team of the lot was eliminated on the first leg!!!! :lol3:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2013, 08:44:49 PM »
I have to add that we got some great editing team-wise. Every time played a part in the leg (besides intro):

John & Jessica - Dominating the leg, winning Express Passes
Bates & Anthony - Talking about how they spend a lot of time each other (on the water taxi), luckily jumping to 2nd, though they probably got the least screen time
Dave & Connor - Talking about surviving cancer (we'll get this in every episode though.. :P)
Pam & Winnie - They had quite a lot of footage in the first 10, 15 minutes or so, especially interacting with the teams. After that, they pretty much disappeared.
Mona & Beth - Flight 5/6 mistake
Joey & Meghan - Joey being cheerful at the Roadblock, interacting with Max & Katie at the airport
Chuck & Wynona - Trouble looking for the clue, Wynona at the Roadblock :lol:
Idries & Jamil - Having trouble with sand/canoe, they actually had a lot of footage though
Max & Katie - The plan at the end of the episode obviously.. having no friends/interacting with Joey & Meghan :lol:
Caroline & Jen - Interacting with Bates & Anthony.. trouble with sand castle Roadblock
Matt & Daniel - uhh.. getting eliminated :lol3:

It was nice to see some interaction at the airport/bus. I don't remember that getting too much focus in a while

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2013, 08:50:56 PM »
Now if they would only BRING BACK ELIMINATION STATION!!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2013, 09:09:38 PM »
Now if they would only BRING BACK ELIMINATION STATION!!! :yess:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2013, 09:13:49 PM »
We all have this idea WRP comes on here for ideas and things they can improve. I know for sure I've complained about Starting Line challenges :lol:

So I want to get this out in hoping they see it - THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am SO glad they decided to go with no SLC this season! I thought if there was no SLC, the premieres wouldn't feel as rushed, HOWEVER, this one was. I tried to think about what caused it to be sorta rushed because there wasn't a SLC? I realised what producers tried to improve this premiere was CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT - and they did a REALLY good job! We finally got to see airport action and team acquaintances again! That was <33333333 awesome! Unlike recent premieres, I feel like we know a bit about each team, even the one that was eliminated, so that was definitely a plus, as I think the characters play the biggest role in this show. The only team I thought that was under-edited was Meghan & Joey, but hopefully we'll get to see more of them next week ;) So thank you producers! Thank you for realising the SLCs are kinda unnecessary :lol:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2013, 09:50:19 PM »
Any video of Elimination Station?!? YAY!!! I can't wait to!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2013, 10:07:31 PM »
No, there isn't any I don't think.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2013, 10:15:11 PM »
This elimination station talk reminds me of Boston Rob pushing Mary into the pool :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2013, 08:36:52 AM »
Oh there was loads of character development for sure. I sort of have a gauge on how each and every team will be during this race already! :lol3:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2013, 03:12:26 PM »
What an utterly beautifully shot episode.  Can't judge versus last season as I still have yet to watch most of last year (God, how I hate real life).  But the look of this episode was glorious, I think its the best looking episode of TAR (though in fairness a few episodes from earlier seasons might give it a run if they had been shot in HD).

As to the tasks, while I am not a huge fan of Random search tasks, I do like the use of double roadblocks as either the thrill seeker or the non terrified person is tasked with the relatively easy task.  Leaving the harder task for the normally the weaker member of the team.  I like that as it truly makes both members perform.  Even Detours can have one racer doing the majority of a task.

As for the Express Pass.  Frankly I don't hate it like most things (u_turn, Yield, all versus of those which I abhor), but I hate, hate the idea of time wasted on sucking up to people, or the use of it as power over others.  That completely and totally SUCKS!

Casting:  Oh why does casting so much suck on these shows.   Seriously since season 12 I have only been excited by three seasons cast.  Season 14, 17 and 19.  And desperately looking for a few teams to like out of the other seasons.

It's not a terrible cast, but its not a great one either.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2013, 10:17:42 PM »
 :<3 :<3 :<3

Lovely to see you, We MISS you!!
RFF's Golden Rule: