Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 39044 times)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2013, 11:10:54 PM »
Great episode. While I liked the firefighters, if you fell for that plan, you deserve to be eliminated :lol3:. Did anyone else noticed that it seemed like the twins were getting the elimination edit? Surprised they didn't. Good job editors for keeping things unpredictable.

Offline stifflfootball

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 22 Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2013, 11:36:13 PM »
When they realized they were last could the Firefighters have rowed back to the task and searched more sandcastles and try to complete it before the 4 hour penalty ran out on the Blondes?
TAR - Around the world from the comfort of your couch.

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2013, 12:15:46 AM »
When they realized they were last could the Firefighters have rowed back to the task and searched more sandcastles and try to complete it before the 4 hour penalty ran out on the Blondes?

I wondered that too - Its what I would have done as soon as I realised that there was no way we were going to win the rowing.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2013, 12:25:31 AM »
at the beginning of the episode i was thinking... how ironic would in be if Bates and ANthony were eliminated on Hockey Day in America lol. VERY VERY VERY glad that didn't happen
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2013, 03:45:24 AM »
The best part by far was the sandcastles.  It was virtually the only task on the leg.  Even so that and the mini-drama it caused meant this was better than last season's launch.  Being told the last team WOULD be eliminated took the drama off the arrival of the last team. 

The twist of 3 teams agreeing to take a penalty was actually way more interesting than the 2 team express pass (another launch twist that, like last year's, left me underwhelmed).  I'm puzzled by Team Cancer saying that by being second on the plane meant they would get the express pass, I thought it was indicated clearly the second team on the mat would get it.  The producers creating some fake drama as the teams pretty much extinguished any suspense by agreeing the second place team would get it? 

The canoe task needed to be more difficult.  The Australian version last year did a raft task in a far more exciting launch that was a much bigger test.

Few navigation skills needed in this episode, just getting to an already indicated airport.  I'm not sure how a skydive from a helicopter is any more different to doing it from a plane, probably less high anyway.

Overall not that disappointed with who was eliminated.  Of the teams not that many standing out right now.  The producers are pushing the cancer team but they seem boring so far.  The youtube one and the one with the fake smile female look the two who standout so far.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2013, 10:57:10 AM »
Later teams have the advantages :ascared
HUH?? It's exactly the opposite. As earlier teams find clues, there are fewer clues left for the later teams to find.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2013, 11:05:49 AM »

I wondered that too - Its what I would have done as soon as I realised that there was no way we were going to win the rowing.

I think it was because they already declared to take the penalty.
It'll be assessed no matter what. even if they went back to the RB location and start digging and actually found a clue,
When they arrived at the pit-stop, they would still have the 4 hour penalty

Remember FlightTime&BigEasy taking the penalty on the telephone RB? BigEasy never seemed to go back inside and tried to complete the RB and The place was literally behind'em. I think it's because even if he finished the RB before the 4 hour is up, it would not affect anything. They still would get their clue when the 4 hour is up.

Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2013, 11:12:10 AM »
OMG BETH FOUND THE CLUE. YOU GO GIRL. :hearts: 4th out of the roadblock.

Katie: "Come on clue pleaseeeeee." how about no.

Pam & Winnie are out of the roadblock in 5th. Irdies murmurs for Joey to stop talking. Joey is being quite uh, crazy. LOL. Joey & Meghan are out of the roadblock in 6th.

Pit stop:
1st - Jessica & John - EPx2
2nd - Bates & Anthony
3rd - Dave & Connor

Dave & Connor think they should get the second EP because of the alliance...

Why? The alliance does not include them. If John and Jessica are true to the alliance, they must give it to the next finishing team of the alliance. That is David and Connor.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2013, 11:36:06 AM »

Pam & Winnie are out of the roadblock in 5th. Irdies murmurs for Joey to stop talking. Joey is being quite uh, crazy. LOL. Joey & Meghan are out of the roadblock in 6th.

Pit stop:
2nd - Bates & Anthony
3rd - Dave & Connor

Why? The alliance does not include them. If John and Jessica are true to the alliance, they must give it to the next finishing team of the alliance. That is David and Connor.

I think they meant second out of their pack to reach the pit-stop. Anthony&Bates were not included in the pack. So they did not count.

Besides, not that I hate Anthony&Bates (OMG I LOVE'EM SO MUCH THEY'RE NICE AND ADORABLE), they proved they were strong and managed to surge ahead to catch up. If John&Jessica played smart, there was NO WAY they gave it to Anthony&Bates. What, they wanted Anthony&Bates to scoop first place from them? Maybe that's why Dave tried to appear weak and not physically fit so John&Jessica would honor the pack and give'em the EP.

They might as well give it to Max&Katie or Caroline&Jennifer since they're both at least four hours behind now if JJ played smart. These two were most likely to battle out the last place in leg 2. If one of'em had an exprees pass, the other one was screwed entirely. And even more, there's almost no way one of these two would catch up to John&Jessica even with the EP.

What's the dealio with an EP anyway? the only teams winning the race so far after using the EP were Ernie&Cindy and Rachel&Dave. besides, none of the teams using the EP in a leg that actually has won that particular leg.

TAR 17 -> Jill&Thomas got 5th place after using the EP in leg 4
TAR 18 -> Gary&Mallory got 2nd place after using the EP in leg 5
TAR 19 -> Ernie&Cindy got 2nd place after using the EP in leg 6
TAR 20 -> Rachel&Dave got 6th place after using the EP in leg 3
TAR 21 -> Natalie&Nadiya got 3rd place after using the EP in leg 8

I personally wasn't too excited with this EP twist. it'll just bring some short drama in the race.

Please Bring'em back:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2013, 12:23:45 PM »
Yeh both the express pass and the last year two million prize are twists that might not last long, but most importantly they don't really concern most of the teams anyway.  I'm not sure you really need new twists just a good cast and of course well designed legs with good challenges.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2013, 12:32:23 PM »
Good, its so stupid for firefighters
Smart people wins :hrt:
Their brainpower had nothing to do with the elimination of Daniel and Matt. As most of the few firefighters I know are, Matt and Daniel had physiques that would provide strength for their primary tasks. That strength translates into increased brawn (how many small, skinny firefighters have you seen, even the female ones). That brawn is what did Matt and Daniel in, as it made their canoe tippy. It had nothing to do with brainpower. 

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »
But still.....the fifth team to arrive at that roadblock got the short end of the stick....as they had to wait for teams from the second flight out of LAX to get to Bora Bora.

Chuck was able to go on the helicopter by himself and not wait for the second flight. If you look at the sign up sheet, there was only one slot for the 3rd helicopter.
Right. And there were seats set side for Chuck and Wynona from Papeete to Bora Bora along with the other teams of the first flight group.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2013, 12:48:11 PM »

Pit stop:
2nd - Bates & Anthony
3rd - Dave & Connor

I think they meant second out of their pack to reach the pit-stop. Anthony&Bates were not included in the pack. So they did not count.

Besides, not that I hate Anthony&Bates (OMG I LOVE'EM SO MUCH THEY'RE NICE AND ADORABLE), they proved they were strong and managed to surge ahead to catch up. If John&Jessica played smart, there was NO WAY they gave it to Anthony&Bates. What, they wanted Anthony&Bates to scoop first place from them? Maybe that's why Dave tried to appear weak and not physically fit so John&Jessica would honor the pack and give'em the EP.

They might as well give it to Max&Katie or Caroline&Jennifer since they're both at least four hours behind now if JJ played smart. These two were most likely to battle out the last place in leg 2. If one of'em had an exprees pass, the other one was screwed entirely. And even more, there's almost no way one of these two would catch up to John&Jessica even with the EP.

What's the dealio with an EP anyway? the only teams winning the race so far after using the EP were Ernie&Cindy and Rachel&Dave. besides, none of the teams using the EP in a leg that actually has won that particular leg.

TAR 17 -> Jill&Thomas got 5th place after using the EP in leg 4
TAR 18 -> Gary&Mallory got 2nd place after using the EP in leg 5
TAR 19 -> Ernie&Cindy got 2nd place after using the EP in leg 6
TAR 20 -> Rachel&Dave got 6th place after using the EP in leg 3
TAR 21 -> Natalie&Nadiya got 3rd place after using the EP in leg 8

I personally wasn't too excited with this EP twist. it'll just bring some short drama in the race.

I think you will find that the advantages an Express Pass confers on a team completely depend on the opportunities they have to use it. If a team had reached the sandcastles ROADBLOCK with an Express Pass and had trouble doing it, you can be sure that they would use it as soon as they knew that. It's a judgment of many complex factors on when to use the Express Pass, but many times you save it to get out of a future possible problem and find that none materializes. It appears that you have wasted it, but you never know when that problem will occur on the final leg in which it is applicable.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2013, 12:57:18 PM »
The express pass is a safety game-changer until Leg 8 or until the point you use it. Rachel and Dave used in Leg3 , imagine if they got eliminated in Leg 4? (example) it's always a possibility. So i doesn't changes the game , just give people more confidence.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2013, 01:07:30 PM »
Say John and Jessica are eliminated before Episode 4, and still have the 2nd EP. Do they just give it up then or does it not get given to anyone?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2013, 02:03:02 PM »
Anyone else notice how none of the teams were ignored in the episode. GREAT EDITING!!! :hearts:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2013, 02:04:02 PM »
Naw, all you Max & Katie haters just don't know what entertainment is :lol:

Ikr? Max & Katie pulling a boston rob <3

The best part was firefighters saying they would beat them in a canoe race <3

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2013, 05:52:05 PM »
I wonder if it's better with 2 teams winning an express pass rather than one team just being given one by another team.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2013, 05:55:02 PM »
i loved the idea of the time penalty, but Max/Katie have no good personality, and self centered + anti social

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
The express pass is a safety game-changer until Leg 8 or until the point you use it. Rachel and Dave used in Leg3 , imagine if they got eliminated in Leg 4? (example) it's always a possibility. So i doesn't changes the game , just give people more confidence.

yeah exactly. I don't really get why everyone's like "Let's buddy-buddy with everyone just in case they won the EP. yay yay yay!" Like uugh relax!don't have to be so dramatical. I personally would be more motivated to race for a trip to Hawaii than an EP

Say John and Jessica are eliminated before Episode 4, and still have the 2nd EP. Do they just give it up then or does it not get given to anyone?

LOL i think that EP goes to drain. And this whole twist would be for nothing
JJ got eliminated before leg 5 would become history,though LOL
They would be the first ever team to win an EP and not reaching final 4.

Please Bring'em back:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2013, 10:45:09 PM »

yeah exactly. I don't really get why everyone's like "Let's buddy-buddy with everyone just in case they won the EP. yay yay yay!" Like uugh relax!don't have to be so dramatical. I personally would be more motivated to race for a trip to Hawaii than an EP

LOL i think that EP goes to drain. And this whole twist would be for nothing
JJ got eliminated before leg 5 would become history,though LOL
They would be the first ever team to win an EP and not reaching final 4.
They might be the first team to not use their Express Pass, but not the first team to reach the F4 as the 1st Vietnam's version team to win the Express Pass didn't even get to the final 9. :lol3:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2013, 11:00:10 PM »
I loved the triumphant music used during the canoeing  :hearts:. I don't recognise it. Is it new or is it just me?

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2013, 02:45:03 AM »
Although I've seen some on forums complaining about teams quiting the sandcastles together that actually made it a much closer ending than it might otherwise have been.  That final canoe journey didn't look that long and could well have done little to change the order had teams not started it together in last place.  So that was a bit of luck for this leg.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2013, 04:52:50 AM »
Ross & Tarryn would like to add how using a pass to save another team really worked out for them in their season.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2013, 06:45:22 AM »
The only thing I love about this TAR episode was Max and Katie and the sandcastles. Other than that, I think its R.I.P. TAR sooner or later now :(
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D