Author Topic: TAR 22 Episode 1 Press Pics and Promos  (Read 34994 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 22 Episode 1 Press Pics and Promos
« on: January 31, 2013, 12:56:56 PM »
All photos courtesy of Robert Voets/Monty Brinton/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"The Start" -- Starting at the iconic Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, 11 teams race to their Ford Fusions where they will watch a video clue which leads them to their first destination onTHE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Host Phil Keoghan, Caroline and Jennifer, Anthony and Bates, Chuck and Wynona, Mona and Beth, Max, David, Jess, Katie, Connor, John, Jamil, Pam and Winnie, Idries, Matt Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" --Starting at the iconic Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, 11 teams race to their Ford Fusions where they will watch a video clue which leads them to their first destination onTHE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Matt, John, Connor, Jess, Pam, David, Winnie, Jamil, Caroline, Meghan, Jennifer, Beth, Anthony, Max, Katie, Bates, and Chuck Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In this Road Block, John (left) must sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter while Jess (right) takes a water taxi to meet him at the landing zone in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In this Road Block, Chuck (left) must sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter while his wife Wynona takes a water taxi to meet him at the landing zone in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In this Road Block, Anthony (left) must sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter while his brother Bates takes a water taxi to meet him at the landing zone in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- After sky diving 10,000 feet from a helicopter, Jennifer (left) and Caroline (right) take a water taxi to Eden Beach in Bora Bora to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc

"The Start" -- In the Road Block, teams must search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Dan, Wynona, David, Jennifer, Katie, Pam, and Idries Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In the Road Block, Twin doctor Idries (pictured) must search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In the Road Block, Katie must search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" --In this Active Route Marker, Father/Son team David (left) and Connor (right) must assemble a Polynesian outrigger canoe then paddle down the shore line until they reach the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc

"The Start" --In this Active Route Marker, Roller derby moms Mona (left) and Beth (right) must assemble a Polynesian outrigger canoe then paddle down the shore line until they reach the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" --In this Active Route Marker, YouTube hosts Joey (left) and Meghan (right) must assemble a Polynesian outrigger canoe then paddle down the shore line until they reach the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:33:47 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 22 Episode 1 Press Pics and Promos
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 01:35:13 PM »
This shot was taken here:  Panoramio

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
Here is the map ref for Eden Beach, is it the same place?

And not sure if Eden Beach is the same as Eden Beach Hotel, but here is their virtual tour:

http://www.boraborahotel.com/virtual_visit/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 02:08:45 PM »
Oh boy....RFF needs to send me on a site visit!  :luvya:

http://www.boraborahotel.com

:beach:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
...Maybe I'll watch this season since I'm not spoiled. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 11:19:40 AM »

Lol, you are reading spoilers now.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:24:44 AM »

Not really, I just opened a random spoiler thread and posted. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »

Not really, I just opened a random spoiler thread and posted. :lol:

Should be a great season to start a re-watch! Speaking as a spoiled one, of course. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 06:58:08 AM »

Just a brief summary from the press pics :

we know that there are two roadblocks

A. sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter

with the roadblockers :
1. John
2. Chuck
3. Anthony
4. Jamil
5. Max
6. Caroline

B. search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue

with the roadblockers :
1. Jess
2. Wynona
3. Bates
4. Idries
5. Katie
6. Jennifer

Unidentified roadblockers (on each tasks) from team :
- Joey & Meghan
- David & Connor
- Mona & Beth
- Pam & Winnie
- Matthew & Daniel

another spoiler addition from caroline tweets today :

@carolinecutbirth
carolinecutbirth

I'm kinda a big deal. I'm on a Super Bowl commercial baby!!

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »
Mona too!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ikurriña

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »
Winnie is shown doing the skydiving on the "meet the cast" video.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 01:30:50 PM »
I believe Winnie, Mona, Matt and Connor all do the roablocks for their respective teams. The only one not known is Joey or Meghan.

""The Start" -- In the Road Block, teams must search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Daniel, Wynona, David, Jennifer, Katie, Pam, and Idries Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc."

So their partners must have done the skydive.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 02:34:10 PM »
Wonder if someone actually quoted "The Start" or they created a title like they used to do in Season 1?

If someone actually quoted it, then :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 11:43:38 PM »
"Think That is AMAZING" promo from SuperBowl 2013! Thanks TL!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UU8GG8MpveY?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UU8GG8MpveY?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:59:27 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44:10 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 09:28:15 PM »
There's a new video uploaded on CBS YouTube

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa1SmQJf8uE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa1SmQJf8uE</a>

Can't watch it, as usual :lol:

But then I went to CBS site and get the description:

The Amazing Race - The Race of a Lifetime
Get ready for the most thrilling, exciting, most fun-filled adventure in the world. 11 new teams will travel around the planet for a million bucks! But for the first time ever, three teams will quit before the first episode ends. Tune in for the season premier of the Amazing Race on Sunday, February 17 at 8/7c. Only CBS

whoa :o
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 09:31:58 PM »
We've got to check again the sightings!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 10:08:52 PM »
Either we have extermely hard tasks or the biggest wimps ever.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 10:15:04 PM »
Well there is quitting and there is quitting! lol!!

Just got that from TV, will see if it is the same!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 11:15:30 PM »
There's a new video uploaded on CBS YouTube

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa1SmQJf8uE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa1SmQJf8uE</a>

Can't watch it, as usual :lol:

But then I went to CBS site and get the description:

The Amazing Race - The Race of a Lifetime
Get ready for the most thrilling, exciting, most fun-filled adventure in the world. 11 new teams will travel around the planet for a million bucks! But for the first time ever, three teams will quit before the first episode ends. Tune in for the season premier of the Amazing Race on Sunday, February 17 at 8/7c. Only CBS

whoa :o

What a shocker!!! It's must be a good show! I can't wait!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 12:37:31 AM »
3 teams eliminated leg 1 :O ??????

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 12:59:59 AM »
The flower behind the ear (I think it's called a Tiare) is a Tahiti meme/motif. If it's a greeter gift, then this would probably be a pitstop conf. Or...maybe they just hand them out to arrivals, like the lei in Hawaii.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 07:50:59 AM »
PREVIEW!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLytqeiCCLs?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FLytqeiCCLs?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:24 AM »
saved for caps
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:47 AM »
saved for TV vid
RFF's Golden Rule: