Author Topic: TAR 22 Episode 1 Press Pics and Promos  (Read 34989 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 22 Episode 1 Press Pics and Promos
« on: January 31, 2013, 12:56:56 PM »
All photos courtesy of Robert Voets/Monty Brinton/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"The Start" -- Starting at the iconic Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, 11 teams race to their Ford Fusions where they will watch a video clue which leads them to their first destination onTHE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Host Phil Keoghan, Caroline and Jennifer, Anthony and Bates, Chuck and Wynona, Mona and Beth, Max, David, Jess, Katie, Connor, John, Jamil, Pam and Winnie, Idries, Matt Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" --Starting at the iconic Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, 11 teams race to their Ford Fusions where they will watch a video clue which leads them to their first destination onTHE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Matt, John, Connor, Jess, Pam, David, Winnie, Jamil, Caroline, Meghan, Jennifer, Beth, Anthony, Max, Katie, Bates, and Chuck Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In this Road Block, John (left) must sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter while Jess (right) takes a water taxi to meet him at the landing zone in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In this Road Block, Chuck (left) must sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter while his wife Wynona takes a water taxi to meet him at the landing zone in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In this Road Block, Anthony (left) must sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter while his brother Bates takes a water taxi to meet him at the landing zone in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- After sky diving 10,000 feet from a helicopter, Jennifer (left) and Caroline (right) take a water taxi to Eden Beach in Bora Bora to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc

"The Start" -- In the Road Block, teams must search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Dan, Wynona, David, Jennifer, Katie, Pam, and Idries Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In the Road Block, Twin doctor Idries (pictured) must search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" -- In the Road Block, Katie must search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" --In this Active Route Marker, Father/Son team David (left) and Connor (right) must assemble a Polynesian outrigger canoe then paddle down the shore line until they reach the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc

"The Start" --In this Active Route Marker, Roller derby moms Mona (left) and Beth (right) must assemble a Polynesian outrigger canoe then paddle down the shore line until they reach the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc.

"The Start" --In this Active Route Marker, YouTube hosts Joey (left) and Meghan (right) must assemble a Polynesian outrigger canoe then paddle down the shore line until they reach the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:33:47 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 22 Episode 1 Press Pics and Promos
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 01:35:13 PM »
This shot was taken here:  Panoramio

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
Here is the map ref for Eden Beach, is it the same place?

And not sure if Eden Beach is the same as Eden Beach Hotel, but here is their virtual tour:

http://www.boraborahotel.com/virtual_visit/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 02:08:45 PM »
Oh boy....RFF needs to send me on a site visit!  :luvya:

http://www.boraborahotel.com

:beach:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
...Maybe I'll watch this season since I'm not spoiled. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 11:19:40 AM »

Lol, you are reading spoilers now.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:24:44 AM »

Not really, I just opened a random spoiler thread and posted. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »

Not really, I just opened a random spoiler thread and posted. :lol:

Should be a great season to start a re-watch! Speaking as a spoiled one, of course. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 06:58:08 AM »

Just a brief summary from the press pics :

we know that there are two roadblocks

A. sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter

with the roadblockers :
1. John
2. Chuck
3. Anthony
4. Jamil
5. Max
6. Caroline

B. search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue

with the roadblockers :
1. Jess
2. Wynona
3. Bates
4. Idries
5. Katie
6. Jennifer

Unidentified roadblockers (on each tasks) from team :
- Joey & Meghan
- David & Connor
- Mona & Beth
- Pam & Winnie
- Matthew & Daniel

another spoiler addition from caroline tweets today :

@carolinecutbirth
carolinecutbirth

I'm kinda a big deal. I'm on a Super Bowl commercial baby!!

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »
Mona too!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ikurriña

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »
Winnie is shown doing the skydiving on the "meet the cast" video.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 01:30:50 PM »
I believe Winnie, Mona, Matt and Connor all do the roablocks for their respective teams. The only one not known is Joey or Meghan.

""The Start" -- In the Road Block, teams must search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Daniel, Wynona, David, Jennifer, Katie, Pam, and Idries Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc."

So their partners must have done the skydive.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 02:34:10 PM »
Wonder if someone actually quoted "The Start" or they created a title like they used to do in Season 1?

If someone actually quoted it, then :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 11:43:38 PM »
"Think That is AMAZING" promo from SuperBowl 2013! Thanks TL!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UU8GG8MpveY?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UU8GG8MpveY?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:59:27 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44:10 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 09:28:15 PM »
There's a new video uploaded on CBS YouTube

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa1SmQJf8uE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa1SmQJf8uE</a>

Can't watch it, as usual :lol:

But then I went to CBS site and get the description:

The Amazing Race - The Race of a Lifetime
Get ready for the most thrilling, exciting, most fun-filled adventure in the world. 11 new teams will travel around the planet for a million bucks! But for the first time ever, three teams will quit before the first episode ends. Tune in for the season premier of the Amazing Race on Sunday, February 17 at 8/7c. Only CBS

whoa :o
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 09:31:58 PM »
We've got to check again the sightings!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 10:08:52 PM »
Either we have extermely hard tasks or the biggest wimps ever.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 10:15:04 PM »
Well there is quitting and there is quitting! lol!!

Just got that from TV, will see if it is the same!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 11:15:30 PM »
There's a new video uploaded on CBS YouTube

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa1SmQJf8uE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa1SmQJf8uE</a>

Can't watch it, as usual :lol:

But then I went to CBS site and get the description:

The Amazing Race - The Race of a Lifetime
Get ready for the most thrilling, exciting, most fun-filled adventure in the world. 11 new teams will travel around the planet for a million bucks! But for the first time ever, three teams will quit before the first episode ends. Tune in for the season premier of the Amazing Race on Sunday, February 17 at 8/7c. Only CBS

whoa :o

What a shocker!!! It's must be a good show! I can't wait!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 12:37:31 AM »
3 teams eliminated leg 1 :O ??????

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 12:59:59 AM »
The flower behind the ear (I think it's called a Tiare) is a Tahiti meme/motif. If it's a greeter gift, then this would probably be a pitstop conf. Or...maybe they just hand them out to arrivals, like the lei in Hawaii.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 07:50:59 AM »
PREVIEW!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLytqeiCCLs?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FLytqeiCCLs?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:24 AM »
saved for caps
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:47 AM »
saved for TV vid
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 08:27:16 AM »

No I think it means that 3 teams quit a task in the first episode.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 08:31:05 AM »

No I think it means that 3 teams quit a task in the first episode.

Looks like.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 11:20:18 AM »
<a href="http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=pZi7WsTAo6Nh&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1src=&quot;http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=pZi7WsTAo6Nh&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1&quot; allowFullScreen=&quot;true&quot; allowScriptAccess=&quot;always&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=pZi7WsTAo6Nh&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1src=&quot;http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=pZi7WsTAo6Nh&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1&quot; allowFullScreen=&quot;true&quot; allowScriptAccess=&quot;always&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;</a>
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:27:23 AM by ugot2bekidinmeny »
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 05:34:52 PM »
I find it difficult to believe that an Amazing Race will go into the second leg with only 8 teams. I suspect that that CBS's use of the term "quit" really translates to "2 teams have penalties of 4, 6 or 24 hours and 1 team is eliminated." We'll see.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 06:35:30 PM »
Cafayate called... they want their first Roadblock back. :snics:

As by quitting, I'm guessing they are either going to quit the sandcastle building task (not searching through/destroying) since if we saw a search through task, they would be knocking over sandcastles pretty easily. The outrigger canoe Pit Stop task seems possible. If Lucy & Emilia can pass their rowing and building as an unarchitectural duo, mostly anybody can. :yess:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 06:59:49 PM »
Around the tenth second of the extended promo, you can see John & Jessica getting their clue from a guy holding a walkie-talkie, could it be from the skydive?
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 10:18:15 PM »
Kinda random but does anybody know the song from the promo?
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 10:34:04 PM »
Kinda random but does anybody know the song from the promo?

we come running - youngblood hawke :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »
Here is the TV version of the Preview, almost the same! Many thanks to TL!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLeGNEGWTIs?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fLeGNEGWTIs?hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 06:25:03 AM »
Three teams quitting, WHOOHOOOO! :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 07:23:07 AM »
Maybe this is why? Another RB involving STILTS?? Thanks to Chateau for the head's up!

More caps tonight!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 08:44:01 AM »
Perhaps its not a roadblock since we see two people doing it.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 09:06:47 AM »
Wow. There are so many challenges for a first leg, which is good. I just hope the editing is okay and isn't rushed.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Pangooboy

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • weheartit
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 09:11:01 AM »
Three times will quite!?!?!?! OMG I'm so excited!! I can't control myself... ahhh!!
Charla&Mirna / Weaver family / Dustin&Kandice / Vanessa&Ralph <3

Offline NPL

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 12:18:25 PM »
Three teams probable quit at a task and take the 4 hour penalty.  :iok
...that's my guess.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 05:16:04 PM »
I bet the stilts task is the roadblock/one of the detour options for leg 2, since they will still be in French Polynesia then.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 01:09:09 PM »
Updating!

Just a brief summary from the press pics :

we know that there are two roadblocks

A. sky dive 10,000 feet from a helicopter

with the roadblockers :
1. John
2. Chuck
3. Anthony
4. Jamil
5. Max
6. Caroline
7. Mona

B. search hundreds of sand castles in order to find the next clue

with the roadblockers :
1. Jess
2. Wynona
3. Bates
4. Idries
5. Katie
6. Jennifer
7. Beth (by default)

Unidentified roadblockers (on each tasks) from team :
- Joey & Meghan
- David & Connor
- Mona & Beth
- Pam & Winnie
- Matthew & Daniel

another spoiler addition from caroline tweets today :

@carolinecutbirth
carolinecutbirth

I'm kinda a big deal. I'm on a Super Bowl commercial baby!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 01:12:09 PM »
I have put the Full Preview and the caps into its own thread here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28417.0.html

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2013, 05:25:16 AM »
Why is Leg 01 RB usually a skydive thing? 2/3 recent seasons have it. It's becoming ew.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 05:59:04 AM »
Why is Leg 01 RB usually a skydive thing? 2/3 recent seasons have it. It's becoming ew.

agreed. i would much rather watch a ping pong roadblock that creates no excitement at all

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 04:34:38 AM »
I hope the doctors, the cancer survivor, and max & katie don't get out in the first leg
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2013, 07:59:05 AM »

agreed. i would much rather watch a ping pong roadblock that creates no excitement at all

I beg to differ. Skydiving could potentially have a FLO-AM-I-GOING-TO-DIE-MOMENT = MELTDOWN = RATINGS.

And they are skydiving over one of the most scenic sites of the world, the HD views of the location is to die for and easily make viewers like us jealous and want to continue watching the show.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
The first time an Amazing Race shows skydiving it's a novelty. the 10th time it is just plain boring. I suspect that the reason it is so popular with World Race Productions is that tandem skydives are relatively inexpensive compared to other types of tasks. Perhaps around 2005, the last time I had a market price check, $100 was a reasonable amount in the U.S. to pay. Overseas, it should be less. Only one checkin attendant is needed and someone has to put into place the transportation system for after regaining the ground.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2013, 04:44:35 PM »

I beg to differ. Skydiving could potentially have a FLO-AM-I-GOING-TO-DIE-MOMENT = MELTDOWN = RATINGS.

And they are skydiving over one of the most scenic sites of the world, the HD views of the location is to die for and easily make viewers like us jealous and want to continue watching the show.

EXACTLY!  :wise That is why its fun to watch skydiving. Might as well do it when you have a view of the ocean.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2013, 08:20:55 PM »
I would mind the skydiving task if there is another part to it. I like how there was the navigation part is Season 20 to at least possible cause a change in positions.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2013, 08:34:38 PM »

EXACTLY!  :wise That is why its fun to watch skydiving. Might as well do it when you have a view of the ocean.
Heather & Eve moment!!!  :bounce

"What if my parachute doesn't open?" CLASSIC!

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2013, 10:26:28 PM »
Better Videos of Promos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4kKaa9VYkc (Super Bowl Commercial)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLiIfYtSQE (Think That's Amazing? With Elephants)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:36:22 PM by colav10 »

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2013, 11:02:47 PM »
Do you guys think CBS will post like a 3 or 4 min video of the starting line (sneek peek) like they have done in the past when it shows phil talking to the teams at the starting line ?? :D

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2013, 05:44:54 AM »
If that happens again, it'll most likely be released sometime near the end of the week.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2013, 02:31:00 AM »
Episode Title is up!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2013, 02:41:00 AM »
CHUCKWYNONA FOR FIRST EPISODE QUOTE <333333
that is like the best episode title ive seen in ages omg

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2013, 03:51:49 AM »
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 05:32:53 AM »
One of the "longest" quotes we've seen in a while, haha

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2013, 10:36:16 AM »
New Pics! LA, Hollywood, Bora Bora!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1000172/the-amazing-race-season-22-scenic-views/

(prob NZ but diff to tell from the sets)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2013, 11:10:16 AM »
See that bush over there ...  ;)

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2013, 12:50:42 PM »
Episode Title is up!

A reference to "hockey hair" (aka a mullet) perhaps?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:03 PM »
Episode Title is up!

I'm guessing Maxie will say this quote. The title might be referring to a team staring at Joey & Meghan's "Brook & Claire flair" at the counter purchasing Bora Bora flight tickets... :lol: Just a hunch. :lol:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2013, 12:48:11 AM »

Where? I can't see.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »

Where? I can't see.

There! Over there! The one Chateau is hiding behind!   :hoot:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2013, 02:53:03 PM »
 :lol3:

I had to watch both the Griffith Observatory and the Hollywood sign.  But the chopper never went over to the sign so I know Phil did not do his stand up there.   (:;)   Very disappointing.

I've heard that is very expensive to get the Hollywood sign included in a show.  So don't expect to see much of it on Sunday.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2013, 09:56:29 PM »
New Promo! Thanks TL!

Caroline and Jennifer and Anthony and Bates!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nUPxCtSiU7o?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nUPxCtSiU7o?hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2013, 01:16:38 AM »
Another! Thanks TL!

Joey and Meghan and Idries and Jamil!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/swrEPn70A0U?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/swrEPn70A0U?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ikurriña

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2013, 09:11:25 AM »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »
Ok. Some screen caps from the starting line video.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:34:57 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2013, 11:00:57 AM »
Guess who was 50 feet below the helicopter in this shot!   ;)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2013, 12:08:08 PM »
More screen caps!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2013, 12:52:03 PM »
Another group of screen caps!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2013, 01:32:17 PM »
And more caps!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2013, 02:19:52 PM »
Last set of screen caps!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2013, 02:36:01 PM »
Does anybody notice the way Max is looking the other racers in 39 and 48?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2013, 05:47:31 PM »
The music they used is so epic in the starting line video  :wohoo:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »
Another thing to notice is that the clip with Phil's voice happened much earlier than the full shot with Teams present

See how the lamp structure is in the sun and then not in the sun!   ;)  Why is that?   :lol3:

And yes, that tiny white bar is the Hollywood sign way back in the hills above Phil's head.

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2013, 06:57:18 PM »
Saw another Think That's Amazing? Promo today during Let's Make a Deal. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIa0aLwCZlw

Enjoy!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2013, 07:33:31 PM »

What song name?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2013, 08:58:01 PM »

What song name?

Its an amazing race soundtrack, IDK of song name. I am glad they start with intimidating, adventure music as opposed to the music used in previous seasons at the beginning.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »

What song name?

Its an amazing race soundtrack, IDK of song name. I am glad they start with intimidating, adventure music as opposed to the music used in previous seasons at the beginning.

Am glad as well! I like that they didn't use those wacky transitions from TAR21's premiere.. it looked really sloppily edited.

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2013, 12:05:31 AM »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2013, 12:04:26 PM »
Per fb: You don't want to wait until Sunday to see the first few minutes of the premiere! Get a sneak peek now: http://bit.ly/VVPScC LIKE this post if you'll be tuning in Sunday at 8/7c on CBS!

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2013, 06:16:30 PM »
Joey included his & Meghan's introduction bit for the premiere in his video today. It starts at 5:45.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VS_oA0T3v-s" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VS_oA0T3v-s</a>

Offline tarobbsessed24

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2013, 06:52:23 PM »
it looks like they skipped the  team intros :/
that sucks. now we wont know everyone's backstory

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2013, 08:11:08 PM »
???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2013, 09:56:11 PM »
it looks like they skipped the  team intros :/
that sucks. now we wont know everyone's backstory

THEY WOULD NEVER SKIP THE TEAMS INTRODUCTIONS. THEY DIDNT SHOW IT IN THE SNEAK PEEK BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SAVE IT FOR THE ACTUAL EPISODE!!
 edited for rudeness
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:15:17 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2013, 01:32:36 PM »
Yes, we have all the press pics I think.
RFF's Golden Rule: