Author Topic: TAR 22: Matthew Davis & Daniel Moss "Friends/Firefighters"  (Read 12786 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 22: Matthew Davis & Daniel Moss "Friends/Firefighters"
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:05 AM »
Matthew & Daniel

Matthew & Daniel     

Name: Matthew Davis
Hometown: Gaffney, S.C.
Connection to your teammate: Friends
Current occupation: Firefighter
Describe what you do: I am a Lieutenant at the fire department. I am in charge of a four main engine company and fight fire, respond to wrecks and medical emergencies.
3 words to describe you:  Witty, funny and outgoing.
Favorite hobbies: I love playing basketball, backyard football and going to haunted houses in the fall.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? My daughter
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Adam Sandler
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Larry the Cable Guy
What scares you most about traveling? The unknown! We are not very “cultured” people so we don’t know much about how other countries operate.
What excites you most about traveling? Getting to see new places, cultures and do different things that I would never get to do in my life.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are both very hard-headed and Daniel does not have much common sense, so we argue a good bit but always remain friends.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He picks his nose in public a lot (seriously) and he never wears a belt (back out, crack out).
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Australia seems very nice with cool animals.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I obviously hope to win the million dollars. It could make a huge difference in our lives.

Name: Daniel Moss
Hometown: Gaffney, S.C
Connection to your teammate: Friends
Current occupation: Firefighter
Describe what you do: I fight fire, respond to wrecks and medical emergencies.
3 words to describe you: Funny, outgoing and charming.
Favorite hobbies: Hunting and fishing.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Winning two state football championships in high school.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kevin James
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Sheldon Cooper from “The Big Bang Theory”
What scares you most about traveling? Not being able to communicate.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing things I have never seen before.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: That Matt never listens to my ideas and he is always right.
Pet peeve about your teammate: His attitude and always being right.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Australia. I would love to see the different animals and the countryside.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To see the world.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 22: Matthew Davis & Daniel Moss "Friends/Firefighters"
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:18 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VIWUobcOgvU?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VIWUobcOgvU?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:54:15 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:38:22 AM »
I like this team. They seem fun to watch.

Offline IvarG

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 06:49:09 PM »
These guys seem like they could be a very good M/M team! It looks like there's a little bit of an "it" factor they're missing. But I might be wrong.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 08:05:34 PM »
These guys seem R-E-A-L-L-Y B-O-R-I-N-G.

Because CBS did an EPIC job at casting this season, these guys are my least liked of the season, because they are boring.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 06:40:14 AM »
I think they will go far and could win the race but like IvanG I think they are missing the X factor.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 10:42:57 PM »
gross

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 06:12:16 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0IFiJfbilSI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0IFiJfbilSI</a>
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:00:21 AM by Kandace »

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 06:52:55 AM »
^ this is the Matthew & Daniel thread, not the Joey & Meghan thread, K. ;)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 07:02:16 AM »
Its fixed now!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 08:55:52 PM »
Vid up in post 2!

And any firefighter filmed standing under a PEACH is okay in my book!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 11:10:11 PM »
I want to like them,but they seem so boring...

For me,they look like a worst version of Art & JJ with Mark & Booper's accent.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 03:26:07 AM »
This team seems okay for me. I like them since they are genuine and nice people. I'd like to see their excitement when they're going to new country they've ever been! :hrt:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 01:07:17 PM »
hmm...

outlooks => Art&JJ
atttitudes => Josh&Brent
accents => Mark&Booper

they look fun to watch. turned out they might be boring as hell but I am still looking forward
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline carlsbad_bolt_Fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 07:39:03 PM »
These guys do look fun to watch. Have to wonder how they'll do travelling though.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 04:08:37 PM »
First CBS Interviews for local media coming out:

A preview!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/keUoW2-Zyj4?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/keUoW2-Zyj4?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 06:26:01 PM »
Me no likes. I want them out soon... please.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 01:03:45 AM »
They look like a socially awkward, Avi and Joe and John and Scott type of teams who will usually go first. But then I thought about that for Art and JJ and then they were there to piss my TV time for the entire season.

But I know they won't be Art and JJ... and they won't be remembered after the season too. It's just vibes from me. :(

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 10:28:07 PM »
They seem low key, a calming influence.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »
The Waldo's of the first episode.

I don't know if it's that TAR is starting to cast REALLY boring teams (and somehow they usually get last) or they just stopped digging through the first eliminated team's story and purposely editing them to make them unimportant. Kinda like Rob & Sheila.

Speaking of Rob & Sheila.. even they were more memorable than these guys :lol:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 11:21:03 AM »
I agree. We didn't get to know them very well. But I think the editors were trying to do that to throw us off so we would think that next episode we would get to know them better. It almost worked on me - for the first half of the episode I thought Idries & Jamil were doomed.

In the past it has seemed like we get a lot of footage of the first eliminated team, enough to make us suspect that we won't be getting any more for the rest of the season.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:06:42 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

MrDeerShank

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »
They weren't publicly promoted, even the press pics omitted them, tell-tale signs from the beginning :(

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »
Weird how they were so confident about beating the girls.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 03:17:11 AM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazing-race-matt-daniel-eliminated-422078

'The Amazing Race': Season 22's First Eliminated Team on Their 'Heartbreaking' End
11:25 AM PST 2/18/2013 by Kimberly Nordyke

Firefighters Matthew Davis and Daniel Moss tell THR what they wish they'd done differently and what they struggled with the most -- apart from the canoe.

Matthew Davis, 25, and Daniel Moss, 24, made a pact with two other teams to take a penalty at the sand castles, thinking they could beat the others in the rowing part of the leg. But their canoe kept tipping over, and they were eliminated after coming in last on Sunday night's season premiere.

On Monday, the firefighters and best friends from Gaffney, S.C., talked to The Hollywood Reporter about being the first team out and what they would do differently.

The Hollywood Reporter: I'm sure it's hard being the first person out. Was it hard to watch it last night?

Matt: It was just as heartbreaking last night as it was when it came out of Phil [Keoghan]'s mouth.

THR: What would you do differently if you could go back and do it again?

Daniel: I don't know that we would do anything differently. The major thing I would have done is I would have jumped out of the helicopter, and Matt would have done the sand castles. Because when I started [with the sand castles], I had absolutely no plan, no theory. I was just breaking and building. Once we were eliminated, we started talking about it, and Matt said he had a theory about working in a grid section. With Matt being the brains of the team, if I had jumped out of the helicopter and he had done the sand castles, maybe it would have been different. But taking the penalty and quitting [the sand castle challenge], all that I would do again.

THR: You weren't the only team struggling with the boat, which kept tipping over. Was it as hard as it looked?

Daniel: The canoe, it was tough. After just being out there so long in the sun, it almost felt like a mirage or going into the desert. But at that point, we were tired. Normally we canoe a lot, and we were going up against skinny little girls half our size, and I think weight had a little do to with it. One little lean to the right, and you were out of it. If you look closely, there was another guy on the back with us, so there were three grown men in that canoe.

THR: Aside from the boat, what was the most challenging part of the race for you?

Matt: The most challenging thing for us was getting to the airport in Los Angeles. We thought we'd take the freeway like everybody else did, and where we got on the freeway, it was just slam-packed with traffic, so we were the last team to get to the airport.

THR: After you were eliminated, was there a particular team you were rooting for?

Matt: The firefighters -- we're hoping the CBS editing can still make us win. [laughs]

THR: Would you compete again if asked?

Daniel: Absolutely we would.

Matt: We still think about it as the chance to do something we never get to do. We work 100-hour weeks here. We never have the time or money to see places like Bora Bora. The chance to do that and do the things we did and meet people we never would have met made it all worth it. I thought we were a little more prepared. But if we [went back on the race] and had to do the sand castles again, we'd just quit before we even got started. [laughs]

THR: At the end of last night's episode, you said you were probably going to get some grief from your fellow firefighters for the way it went down. Have you heard from them yet?

Daniel: We haven't gotten back to work yet [since the episode aired], but several guys from the fire station watched with us, and when they aired the last quote of the show, they laughed and said, "You better get ready."
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »
If I were them, I would have just gone back to the Roadblock and started over once the other two teams "checked in" (it wasn't really checking in after all, because they had a penalty to wait out). That would have given them four hours to complete the task before being eliminated for sure.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis