The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR 22: John Erck & Jessica Hoel "Dating"

<< < (11/19) > >>

georgiapeach:

--- Quote from: Dånooky on March 14, 2013, 01:34:38 AM ---From my point of view, working with that many assumptions was indeed over-thinking. While some teams have indeed "wasted" their Express Passes similar to what John describes, they took a very huge risk in order to save a tool that is basically a safety net.

--- End quote ---

:wohoo:  Dan is in the house!!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Jobby:

--- Quote ---Jessica: We're still together, and I really don't think that much has changed. We're all very happy and healthy and having a good time -- that's how we started the race, and that's how we finished it, too.
--- End quote ---

I guess she's clearly delusional too. :crazy:

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: Joab on March 16, 2013, 12:29:06 AM ---
--- Quote ---Jessica: We're still together, and I really don't think that much has changed. We're all very happy and healthy and having a good time -- that's how we started the race, and that's how we finished it, too.
--- End quote ---

I guess she's clearly delusional too. :crazy:

--- End quote ---

Denial is not just a river in Egypt...

Hooky:
Let me simply say one thing: After reading the interviews and watching the insider videos, I realize just how much I hate the soundbyte editing that makes it so hard to know objectively how things really played out. John & Jessica really weren't half as dumb as the show portrayed them to be. When statements and actions are taken out of context, this is exactly what happens: So many viewers jump on a "bandwagon" and mock the team for being "dumb" and "mindless." In reality, the team wasn't "dumb" at all, it was the editors who were "dumb" for not giving the viewers a more accurate picture of what actually happened. I value the show's magical quality and larger-than-life nature infinitely more than its cheap and overly-dramatic editing "experiences" that didn't really happen.

Jobby:
Hooky, but they had an Express Pass and didn't use it? Chuck was there along with John at the final task and they were banking on Mona and Beth being behind them, where at one point of the episode they know they were before them at the other detour. Banking on the fact that there was one more clue in the cluebox and banking on the fact of something that they do not know is just dumb.

Editors can't give them a dumb edit for not using an EP if they didn't do it. Just like how editors just can't edit Jonathan as a really rude husband towards Victoria if he haven't done anything to her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version