The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR 22: David & Connor O'Leary "Father/Son Cancer Survivors"

(1/15) > >>

georgiapeach:
David & Connor

Name: David O’Leary
Hometown: Salt Lake City
Connection to your teammate: Father (both David and his son are cancer survivors)
Current occupation: Investment Properties
Describe what you do: I purchase and operate investment properties around the United States. As the father of a large family, I work hard, play hard and view my job as a means to an end and not the end itself.
3 words to describe you: Active, enthusiastic and strong-willed.
Favorite hobbies: Cycling, fly fishing and snow skiing.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being the father of five great kids and the grandfather of six even greater grandkids!
What famous person reminds you of yourself? People have told me I look like Steve Martin but personally I don’t remind myself of anyone.
What scares you most about traveling? The inability to communicate in different languages.
What excites you most about traveling? New cultures, places and things to see!
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are both stubborn and think we’re right most of the time (I’m right all the time!)
Pet peeve about your teammate: Connor is messy and doesn’t put things away.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Thailand. I would like to experience culture truly foreign to me. I would love to experience the diversity of terrain, food, language, culture and activities.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain an unforgettable experience with my son and to celebrate the health that we both now enjoy! Also, my son has wanted to do this for years and he wants to earn the money.

Name: Connor O’Leary
Hometown: Salt Lake City
Connection to your teammate: Son (both Connor and his father are cancer survivors)
Current occupation: Professional Cyclist
Describe what you do: I race bikes professionally for a Pro-Continental team Bontrager/LIVESTRONG. I also race for the Under 23 USA National Team.
3 words to describe you: Funny, life-loving and determined.
Favorite hobbies: Cycling, fishing and skiing.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Conquering Cancer.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Rob Dyrdek
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Steve Martin
What scares you most about traveling? The fear of losing a loved one while gone.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places, experiencing new cultures, and breathing in the air of adventure.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are both hard headed, we both think we are right much of the time, so working on humbling ourselves and working more as one.
Pet peeve about your teammate: This sounds ridiculous, but how he chews his food! He chews his food so loud and for so long. I can’t even believe I’m putting that down, but it pisses me off so bad. I can’t even explain it. It seems to just be him that does it.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? India or China. The culture and the diversity intrigue me.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? An incredible experience with my father, and to show that anything is possible. Two cancer survivors can come back from incredible odds and do hard things.

georgiapeach:
http://www.youtube.com/v/s5yRvkymFlU?hl

ianthebalance:
I really like this team. They are BOTH cancer survivors.

IvarG:
I tend to like parent/child teams. The double cancer survivor thing is really, really cool! However I'm not getting a Ron/Christina feel out of these guys. More like a Laurence/Zac.

Magnus:
I like them on first impression

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version