TAR 22: Mona Egender & Beth Bandimere "Roller Derby Moms/Friends"

(1/17) > >>

georgiapeach:
Mona & Beth

Name: Mona Egender
Hometown: Castle Pines, Colo.
Connection to your teammate: Roller Derby Moms/Friends
Current occupation: Mom and Captioner
Describe what you do: Run and care for a household of three kids. Provide real-time captioning and transcription services for the hard of hearing community and/or government, universities, business and other such entities. 
3 words to describe you: Competitive, tenacious and dependable.
Favorite hobbies: Roller derby/skating, snowboarding, hiking, exercising and yoga.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Making 5280 Fight Club (my derby team) at my first tryout and beating Gotham at the Banked Track Invitational.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Gabrielle Reece
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Hope Solo for her stoicism and competitiveness and Sandra Bullock for her effortless humor and charm.   
What scares you most about traveling? The language barrier and cultural differences. 
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing and experiencing new cultures, trying new things and stepping out of my comfort zone.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I think the biggest challenge will be admitting when we need help. We are both independent and strong-willed.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Beth tends to not always state her true feelings during team meetings. She also hates asking for help.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy, because I have family there. Plus, there’s so much history and heritage. I love the language, lifestyle, architecture, romanticism and food of Italy.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Some spectacular memories and a new outlook on the world/life. Also, to strengthen my bond with Beth.

Name: Beth Bandimere
Hometown: Arvada, Colorado
Connection to your teammate: Roller Derby Moms/Friends
Current occupation:I work in the Internet Department at FirstBank of Colorado.
Describe what you do: I provide tech support for customers using our website. I also perform various product testing projects and administrative duties.
3 words to describe you: Adventurous, outgoing and competitive.
Favorite hobbies: Roller derby, boating and gardening.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Becoming a semi-professional athlete at age 35 while raising three kids.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Lindsey Vonn. She’s a great athlete and competitor.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Gabby Reece. She’s beautiful and totally kicks ass!
What scares you most about traveling? Getting lost.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing and doing things I would never have an opportunity to do in Colorado.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I don’t foresee any major challenges. We really don’t have any “issues” that ever come up. We are really in tune on the track. It will be interesting to see how that translates to the Race.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes she won’t ask for help because she doesn’t want to look like she’s weak.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy, because that is where my family is from.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? An experience of a lifetime!

georgiapeach:
http://www.youtube.com/v/-7jiyu2MEG8?version=3&hl

Theo:
Oh, God! They really remind me of Lucy & Emilia :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

I hope they are like Lucy & Emilia: fun and make it really far.  :hearts:

ianthebalance:
My favorite team  :luvya:

addie:
omwlovelove

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page